News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Joe Biden isn't going to forgive Student Loans  (Read 550 times)

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
Joe Biden isn't going to forgive Student Loans
« on: June 11, 2021, 08:57:36 AM »
Im going to have to drop that last 30k in October to get rid of this after he said he would provide relief. He played millennial as suckers.

We were promised RESULTS for votes.

I was told 2k checks. He lied and brought it down to 1400. Then he means tested it and gave me almost nothing because I made over 79k.
I was told immediate 10k student loan relief. We are getting NOTHING. Student loans are restarting in September. He lied to us.

I don't want to hear about that faggot Manchin. He's in your party Biden you bring him to heel by either making life so difficult for him that he quits, or you give him an offer he cant refuse.

Democrats have lost a decade's worth of votes behind this. They can try to win my vote in 2028, outside of that? Next 3 cycles are protest votes or a wash.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline Nomenclature

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Biden isn't going to forgive Student Loans
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 10:03:16 AM »
Don’t forget the $15 minimum wage increase, either.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 10:29:13 AM »
Don’t forget the $15 minimum wage increase, either.

Good post.

Biden is full of shit. He lied in our faces.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 10:42:27 AM »
His refusal to drop the first 10K via executive action is disappointing, but forgivable.  Now if he fails to protect voting rights, he's not going to get a second term. 

And I agree on Manchin.  . . most of the time I'd agree with him about the need for bi-partisanship, but the Republicans are not operating in good faith.  He's holding to a standard that been obliterated over the past twelve years. 
The Dems ought to play hardball with Manchin, and threaten to primary him.  His power as a swing vote is imagined, because the results will be the same.  If Manchin votes against the act, black and brown people will have their rights trampled; and young people will become disillusioned.  So the Dems will lose the Senate in 2022; and possibly the House. 

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 10:45:12 AM »
Boo-hoo.  Another politician lied.  What else is new? 
I hope he doesn’t raise the minimum wage to $15.00/hr.  How can a small business owner survive paying $15 to its employees?  People will be laid off.  We’d see less people and more AI working.  Plus, the price of everything will have to go up in order to accommodate the wage change.  Low waged workers would be in the same boat they are in today.

As far as student loan forgiveness:
I mean, don’t make bills you don’t want to pay.  Nothing in life is free. No one is being tricked into going to college.  The terms and conditions are upfront. 
Millennials have life f’ed up.  Always want something for free. Stop begging, it makes people hate you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“At @TheSIAC media day, they wouldn’t even give us a table. They said, ‘you might want to ask one of the other schools if you can have a place to sit.’” — Coach Quinn

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 10:48:42 AM »
His refusal to drop the first 10K via executive action is disappointing, but forgivable.  Now if he fails to protect voting rights, he's not going to get a second term. 

And I agree on Manchin.  . . most of the time I'd agree with him about the need for bi-partisanship, but the Republicans are not operating in good faith.  He's holding to a standard that been obliterated over the past twelve years. 
The Dems ought to play hardball with Manchin, and threaten to primary him.  His power as a swing vote is imagined, because the results will be the same.  If Manchin votes against the act, black and brown people will have their rights trampled; and young people will become disillusioned.  So the Dems will lose the Senate in 2022; and possibly the House.
Only a Democrat like Manchin can win that seat, or it will fall into Republican hands.  Threatening to primary him is a losing strategy, mainly because of the state and district he represents.  Manchin holds all the cards and has all the leverage. Of course, he could always get pissed and leave the Democratic Party, giving the GOP the majority in the Senate. The Dems can’t touch him and he knows it.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 10:55:50 AM by DAW912 »
“At @TheSIAC media day, they wouldn’t even give us a table. They said, ‘you might want to ask one of the other schools if you can have a place to sit.’” — Coach Quinn

Offline Nomenclature

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 10:51:02 AM »
I hope he doesn’t raise the minimum wage to $15.00/hr.  How can a small business owner survive paying $15 to its employees?  People will be laid off.  We’d see less people and more AI working.  Plus, the price of everything will have to go up in order to accommodate the wage change.  Low waged workers would be in the same boat they are in today.

The price of everything has been going up for YEARS WITHOUT sweeping worker wage increases.

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 10:53:28 AM »
It’s about the haves and have nots.  The haves will always have, and the have nots will always have not.  The people in the middle are not getting squeezed up to the haves, they are getting squeezed down to the have nots. Isn’t that how Capitalism is supposed to work?  Big bank takes little bank.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 10:55:36 AM »

As far as student loan forgiveness:
I mean, don’t make bills you don’t want to pay.  Nothing in life is free. No one is being tricked into going to college.  The terms and conditions are upfront. 
Millennials have life f’ed up.  Always want something for free. Stop begging, it makes people hate you.

Hey, I am prepared to pay this loan off. I have been paying it for 9 years, and I will keep doing so. The issue is why lie to my face then?

I mean, we weren't going to vote for Trump anyway. If you don't want to forgive loans, then don't say you will.

Its not begging to ask for something you promised. Also YOUR generation screwed millennial. How cheap was your HBCU when you went? Morehouse costs 50k+ a year now.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline Nomenclature

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 10:58:43 AM »
It’s about the haves and have nots.  The haves will always have, and the have nots will always have not.  The people in the middle are not getting squeezed up to the haves, they are getting squeezed down to the have nots. Isn’t that how Capitalism is supposed to work?  Big bank takes little bank.

If you mean by exploiting people for their time and labor to enrich the elite, then yes, that’s basically how capitalism works here.

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2021, 10:59:40 AM »
Politicians lie to get votes. That’s how the game is played. It’s a dirty game and only the strong will survive.  Do not misread the tea leaves as to why Biden won.  It was a rejection of Trump, and millions of voters voted for Biden as a rejection to Trump.  He wasn’t elected to carry out a progressive agenda.

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2021, 11:02:46 AM »

If you mean by exploiting people for their time and labor to enrich the elite, then yes, that’s basically how capitalism works here.
It’s working as intended.  Only poor and middle class people think the system is broken.  The people who it benefits and have power are not complaining.

Offline Nomenclature

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2021, 11:05:12 AM »

It’s working as intended.  Only poor and middle class people think the system is broken.  The people who it benefits and have power are not complaining.

And you’re out here openly defending it.

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2021, 11:08:48 AM »

Of course not. I’m just stating what it is. And nothing is going to change it. 

Offline Nomenclature

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2021, 11:13:31 AM »

Of course not. I’m just stating what it is. And nothing is going to change it.

Because people like you, who don’t believe workers deserve a living wage or that voters should hold elected officials accountable, don’t want it to change.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule