News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Congressional Black Caucus Block Black House Republican from Joining Group  (Read 404 times)

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A

The article you posted not long ago would DEFINITELY call Oldsport and others Coons amongst other things.

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah..... The same on Democrats bad, Republicans good, canned Black Republican rhetoric. Learn a new song. Dayum.  :shrug:

I did not like the title of the article, but the content was pretty much on the money in my opinion.

Yeah, I agreed with the author's analysis of the different types of Black Republicans and the author definitely would have called Oldsport a coon. However, I still do not think it is helpful to call folks coons and I do not do it.

At this point (and my opinion may change), I would not put Byron Donalds in the same category as Oldsport.

Offline 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Simply question.  If y and 3/5's were congressional representatives, would you let them join the CBC?

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Simply question.  If y and 3/5's were congressional representatives, would you let them join the CBC?

Yep.

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

The article you posted not long ago would DEFINITELY call Oldsport and others Coons amongst other things.

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah..... The same on Democrats bad, Republicans good, canned Black Republican rhetoric. Learn a new song. Dayum.  :shrug:

I did not like the title of the article, but the content was pretty much on the money in my opinion.

Yeah, I agreed with the author's analysis of the different types of Black Republicans and the author definitely would have called Oldsport a coon. However, I still do not think it is helpful to call folks coons and I do not do it.

At this point (and my opinion may change), I would not put Byron Donalds in the same category as Oldsport.

IMO, don't allow them the opportunity/luxury to exist in both worlds.  Make them live in that one world they claim to love the most.

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book

Yep.

81Alpha,

You read my mind.

Wildman, where I agree with you is that the reason should be given, but...

I would not vote for y04's membership because of his repeated statement that he couldn't care less about Black people.  (Altho, he couldn't even get THAT right; he said "could care less.")

I would not vote for Olds..t's membership because he has made it clear that his allegiance is to white Conservatives, not Black people.

Neither of them is CBC material.

Both of them should also be denied membership based on stupidity.

y04 suggestion that the CBC are cowards for not allowing Donalds inside the CBC is like saying the Dallas Cowboys are cowards for not allowing Phila Eagles players into their huddle.

A "Caucus" is for considering and planning strategy and tactics.

Donalds - because he is (I see now) an #ErraticTrump loyalist - like y04, Olds..t and Wiregrass, CANNOT BE TRUSTED in the huddle.

It's just that simple to me.  The P.R. is another matter re: giving a reason.

And, DEFINITELY, y04 and Olds..t are not invited to my backyard bar-be-que....

O0

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
^^^^This right here...

Like the old blackball rule greek letter organizations used to go by, neither are trustworthy enough to be included.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
 :nono2: No! You can not be on my team if every time you're handed the ball, you run to the opposing team's goal with it. :no:

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I appreciate the analogy to an athletic team but I'm not certain the analogy is fitting. Just because they on the team, doesn't mean they have to play. They can ride the bench all season  :lol:

Not sure what is being said in the huddle that is not already public knowledge

I don't think it accurate or fair to characterize Republicans as being anti-Black.

I think it better to engage Black Republicans intellectually.   

The Organization is not titled the Democrat Congressional Black Caucus.

I am generally uncomfortable with Blacks telling other Blacks they aren't really Black or Black enough.

I am generally uncomfortable with Blacks blackballing other Blacks.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 08:39:47 AM by Wildman78 »

Offline Sierra

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
THIS.... :clap: :clap:
IMO, don't allow them the opportunity/luxury to exist in both worlds.  Make them live in that one world they claim to love the most.
Do all the right things for the all the right reasons.Damn the consequences.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Just going on record, I'm not with that line of thinking.

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Just going on record, I'm not with that line of thinking.

With your line of thinking, I guess you don't mind having individuals filled with so much drama coming in and out of your life at-will.  The way I see it, sometimes I have to draw a line on how much bullshyt I can tolerate.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I’m not assuming that Donald will be bringing drama nor am I assuming every position he takes will be bullshyt.  He was a member of the Black Caucus when he served in the the Florida Legislature and I never heard of him making any waves.

I have a good friend who serves in the Florida State Legislature and is chairman of Black Caucus. I asked him about Donalds  when Donalds was first elected. My friend said Donald was alright. However, that is not my  primary reason for saying Donalds should be admitted to the CBC.

I just don’t think the CBC ought to be censoring folk that have differing views like there is only one way to be Black. Also, it is a bad public relations move.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 07:39:31 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
From my experience, most White folks join Black organizations to better understand Black people and not to make waves, but most controversial Black folks join Black organizations to be disruptive, annoying, and nonproductive. Basically a pain in the butt for other members.  IMO, this is one of the main reasons why a lot of Black greek letter organizations (Divine Nine) are always dealing with some type of turmoil. A lot who joins do not live by the creed or the sworn oath that they took. I still remember being in a fraternity chapter in Virginia.  The chapter had completely deviated from the Constitution and By-laws of the fraternity. They even tried to get the International Headquarters to grant them the permission to do things the way they see fit, which in my opinion is completely disruptive and nonproductive.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 07:48:30 PM by JAG89 »

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit

I just don’t think the CBC ought to be censoring folk that have differing views like there is only one way to be Black. Also, it is a bad public relations move.

I don't see where they censoring him for having a different viewpoint. They're just not allowing him to use their platform to air his views. He has the freedom to air his view anywhere else he wants. Being a member of the CBC is a privilege not a right or requirement.

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

I don't see where they censoring him for having a different viewpoint. They're just not allowing him to use their platform to air his views. He has the freedom to air his view anywhere else he wants. Being a member of the CBC is a privilege not a right or requirement.

They definitely shouldn't be allowed to freely spout their foolishness on Black platforms.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule