News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Please raise your hand...  (Read 522 times)

Offline Bearforlife

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Please raise your hand...
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2021, 03:10:47 PM »
There is a huge amount of cognitive dissonance going on here. Black women live in a society where we are not allowed to maintain autonomy and confidence in peace. We are constantly told that black women who are opinionated, comfortable in their own skin, and successful, and intelligent are inherently incapable of finding a partner and being happy.  Especially from  cisgender, straight black men.

Black men have blamed their aversion to us and our perpetual singleness on black women’s inability to submit, more specifically, to them. We’re always too independent, masculine and we have too much attitude.

Every week on this board, I’ve seen posters, disrespect , vilify , degrade , dishonor, exploit  black womanhood for a laugh.  But, then have a the gall and gumption to keeking and being uplifting the next.

For a certain reason, these men feel that it is within their right to set a standard that says that Black women must operate a certain way.  :shrug:

As Soror Bear stated. There are threads after threads about men on this board, but do we chime in “no”.   Because we know, most of the time, you’re asking for help in a situation and want “ Your boys” to chime in.

Yet, you and the rest of the Ladies of Onnidan never excepted Diamond and Silk, Candace Owens, Condoleezza Rice, Mia Love, Stacey Love, and Alveda King.  You frown on who they are.

@Y I actually really like Condeleeza Rice and have read most of the books she's written and passed them to my mother. I have a great deal of respect for her, her academic prowess, her political acumen and she is an amazing writer. I read her memoir in one day. I actually think she would make a great HBCU president. Though our politics don't match up, I totally respect Condeleeza Rice.

Candace Owens I believe is an opportunist who needs to hone her debate skills and find an authentic voice. She needs to read a wider range of literature to help with her arguments. She is not a good debater at the moment but could get there with practice.

The rest of the ones you named are just silly. Diamond and Silk specifically. I have absolutely no issue with their appearances. I have issue with how they present their arguments. They're entitled to their opinion but they need lessons on persuasive speech.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2021, 09:51:23 PM »
Let me tell you feminist the truth. See you have listened to these simps so long that you believe you have power. Ha! Look you women enjoy the finest things in life because men, yes have made your life easy. Every luxury you enjoyed because a man created. You have great jobs and a career because men created laws and rules to give you the advantage. Be glad we act like we cared to listen to you. Really we just got tired of your whining. A woman was created to procreate for men. Not to be in charge. Now to you simp beta male men in here wearing your super simp capes this is why you are bottom feeders. You get the left over chick after alpha men have well you know the role.
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2021, 10:40:48 PM »
I don't think women are the only ones who get judgement placed on them. It goes to both sides.

We judge Que for liking fat women
We judge 87 for feeding his kids sub standard food
We judge old sport for being a sellout

All 3 of them are men. It goes to both sides.

Yeah, ol boy do like em thick.   ;D
How would you know????
AAMU SIAC Championships 7, SWAC Championships 2 NCAA DII National Championships Men's Soccer '77 & '79, Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU National Championship 1  Black National Swimming and Diving Championships 82-87

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2021, 05:49:05 AM »
There is a huge amount of cognitive dissonance going on here. Black women live in a society where we are not allowed to maintain autonomy and confidence in peace. We are constantly told that black women who are opinionated, comfortable in their own skin, and successful, and intelligent are inherently incapable of finding a partner and being happy.  Especially from  cisgender, straight black men.

Black men have blamed their aversion to us and our perpetual singleness on black women’s inability to submit, more specifically, to them. We’re always too independent, masculine and we have too much attitude.

Every week on this board, I’ve seen posters, disrespect , vilify , degrade , dishonor, exploit  black womanhood for a laugh.  But, then have a the gall and gumption to keeking and being uplifting the next.

For a certain reason, these men feel that it is within their right to set a standard that says that Black women must operate a certain way.  :shrug:

As Soror Bear stated. There are threads after threads about men on this board, but do we chime in “no”.   Because we know, most of the time, you’re asking for help in a situation and want “ Your boys” to chime in.

Yet, you and the rest of the Ladies of Onnidan never excepted Diamond and Silk, Candace Owens, Condoleezza Rice, Mia Love, Stacey Love, and Alveda King.  You frown on who they are.

@Y I actually really like Condeleeza Rice and have read most of the books she's written and passed them to my mother. I have a great deal of respect for her, her academic prowess, her political acumen and she is an amazing writer. I read her memoir in one day. I actually think she would make a great HBCU president. Though our politics don't match up, I totally respect Condeleeza Rice.

Candace Owens I believe is an opportunist who needs to hone her debate skills and find an authentic voice. She needs to read a wider range of literature to help with her arguments. She is not a good debater at the moment but could get there with practice.

The rest of the ones you named are just silly. Diamond and Silk specifically. I have absolutely no issue with their appearances. I have issue with how they present their arguments. They're entitled to their opinion but they need lessons on persuasive speech.

Help me to understand.  Why would Diamond and Silk need lessons on persuasive speech while the lady in the OP doesn't need lessons on dressing properly when she leaves her home?
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2021, 05:53:34 AM »

Help me to understand.  Why would Diamond and Silk need lessons on persuasive speech while the lady in the OP doesn't need lessons on dressing properly when she leaves her home?