News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Virginia Tech football player charged with second-degree murder  (Read 659 times)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Zoning Out!
    • View Profile
(CNN)A Virginia Tech football player has been arrested and charged with the murder of a Blacksburg resident, according to the Blacksburg Police Department and the university.

Isimemen Etute, 18, was charged with the second-degree murder of 40-year-old Jerry Smith, the Blacksburg Police announced on Wednesday. Blacksburg is home to Virginia Tech university.
The police responded to a welfare check at 10:30 p.m. on June 1 at a location in Blacksburg where officers found a deceased male victim and ruled the death a homicide, according to the police statement.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/03/us/virginia-tech-football-player-charged-murder/index.html

:o

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Re: Virginia Tech football player charged with second-degree murder
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 12:01:13 PM »
Will await all the facts before commenting but it doesn’t look good on the surface....

The only 40 year olds I knew in college were maybe professors and my family members...maybe older siblings of college friends....

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 12:14:26 PM »
Hmmmmm
"I do not follow trails of candy. I am the candy

Offline csugrad

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 03:39:42 PM »
According to the posters on a popular Virginia Tech fan site, the deceased was known to aggressively pursue young men. Apparently he is the son of someone very prominent in that community. Although he’s lost employment in the past due to his behavior, he never really suffered any legal consequences. The word is that he catfished this young man through some dating app by pretending to be a woman. Supposedly, he was dressed as a woman when the player arrived and we know what happened after that. Is any of this true? I don’t know but there was a lot of detailed and specific information being dropped on that thread. I’m sure we’ll learn more in the coming days or weeks.

Online JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 04:02:20 PM »
Social dating sites are problematic in my book.  One can't trust those who are using those apps.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 04:09:49 PM »
Wow!

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2021, 09:14:45 PM »
Well DAYUM. If that's true, no wonder dude is dead.
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline Aggie D.

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2021, 10:28:43 PM »
According to the posters on a popular Virginia Tech fan site, the deceased was known to aggressively pursue young men. Apparently he is the son of someone very prominent in that community. Although he’s lost employment in the past due to his behavior, he never really suffered any legal consequences. The word is that he catfished this young man through some dating app by pretending to be a woman. Supposedly, he was dressed as a woman when the player arrived and we know what happened after that. Is any of this true? I don’t know but there was a lot of detailed and specific information being dropped on that thread. I’m sure we’ll learn more in the coming days or weeks.

:o

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2021, 06:33:07 AM »
Interesting
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Zoning Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2021, 09:21:00 AM »
Will await all the facts before commenting but it doesn’t look good on the surface....

INDEED! He's been charged...not tried nor convicted.

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2021, 09:31:56 AM »

That's what I thought. When I 1st read the article. That's why I said hmmmm.
"I do not follow trails of candy. I am the candy

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2021, 03:19:48 PM »
Read more

Prosecutor: Virginia Tech football player killed Tinder date after discovering match was a man

A Virginia Tech freshman linebacker charged with second-degree murder fatally beat his victim after discovering that the person, whom he met on Tinder as “Angie,” was a man, prosecutors said Wednesday.

Montgomery County General District Court Judge Randal Duncan set a secured bond of $75,000 for Isimemen Etute, 18, of Virginia Beach, but he will remain in jail after prosecutors filed an expedited appeal, news outlets reported. Etute, who is charged in the death of 40-year-old Jerry Smith, was set to be released to live with his family.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2021, 03:25:01 PM »
Has anyone checked on Neymar?  :tiptoe:

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Zoning Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2021, 03:37:37 PM »
 :lmao:

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2021, 06:25:14 PM »
All he had to do was walk away.

Now, his family will have to put up some money for a lawyer, and his bail. Because, I am pretty sure, Virginia Tech is slowly distancing itself from the player and his charges.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 07:07:29 PM by BrotherWiregrass »