News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: How Would You Describe a CULT Member? Here's my criteria from a private convo.  (Read 298 times)

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
A frat Line Brother from our Howard U days is a supporter of #ErraticTrump.  He took offense at things I said about #3TimeLoser45 and at my description of some supporters as being CULT members.

He asked me to describe a CULT member, and I did.

Olds..t and y04 won't see these tendencies in themselves, but it is quite evident to everyone else.  Not sure about wiregrass...  EDIT:  Seems like wiregrass is going through "initiation."

Do you think I missed anything?

Thanks for the question.

A CULT member (including those of #3TimeLoser45) believes ALMOST any/everything the Dear Leader says without evidence, documentation or witnesses, and sometimes believes it in the face of very impressive evidence to the contrary supported by documentation and/or witnesses. 

- All the opposing witnesses are labeled as "liars" and regarded as enemies by Dear Leader and CULT members accept his/her statements as true.
- Documents and even recordings are dismissed as "fake news" or insignificant despite similar evidence (or less) being harped on as condemnatory when about the rivals of Dear Leader.
- Unsubstantiated - and often ridiculous - conspiracy theories are swallowed 'hook, line and sinker.' At least that is the stated position with zero DOUBT being acknowledged.

Once "initiated," CULT members fall prey to "confirmation bias" (just as many others do), and critical thinking is not employed. 

- For example, anti-vaxxers (perhaps including some supporters of #3TimeLoser45) see a video by an unknown person with zero credentials giving obviously and verifiably false information, but....since the info supports their pre-existing viewpoint, the anti-vaxxers accept and promote it.

A CULT member discards long-held policy (like 'Free Trade,' deficit/debt reduction) and other views when/if the Dear Leader takes a different position, such as criticizing POWs.

A CULT member justifies bad behavior and illegal acts by the Leader as either:
  1) falsely created by "enemies" and those who "just hate" the Leader, or
  2) justified because of rampant unfairness, or
  3) the crowd favorite - "media bias" from the "enemy of the people," or 
  4) simply to "own the libs,"
- the last one sometimes takes the form, "Oh, he was just saying that to get a rise out of people...."

A CULT member has no SIGNIFICANT viewpoints which are different from the Dear Leader's - or is unwilling to state them - AND has knee-jerk reactions to ANY criticism of Dear Leader. 

They also have ZERO in-depth critique of Dear Leader.
- I first encountered this with followers of Lyndon LaRouche and Rev. Moon (from Korea) decades ago in DC, and it is also prevalent in religious groups and some social movements.)

The embrace of Dear Leader becomes an extremely crucial and integral part of the CULT member's personal, social, and - in the case of politics - political identity.

In addition, one of the quite telling symptoms of CULT membership is the inability to make cogent or even coherent arguments when confronted with facts and logic that do not conform to Dear Leaders' pronouncements. 
- In discussions or debates, this often takes the form of DEFLECTIONS to other subjects (including "what aboutisms," the use of fallacious reasoning - especially ad hominem attacks..... and running away.

Did I miss anything, y'all??

O0
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 11:47:45 AM by Bison66 »

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Why can't you just let it go? President Trump is at Mar-A-Lago enjoying his life and family.

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 17 Football Championships and Counting...
This supports your statement that, "Unsubstantiated - and often ridiculous - conspiracy theories are swallowed 'hook, line and sinker'."
The members are paranoid about the outside world.
   Conspiracy Theorist - believing that a cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring - Democrats...

I don't know if you have made this clear.
The Leader is "Above the Law" and is held to a different moral standard.
Inciting a riot - Jan 6, 2021, pressuring state leaders to overturn election results in Georgia...

I don't recall reading anything here about handling money.
There is no financial transparency -  you never know what the leader(s) does with their money. 
A lack of personal Tax disclosures - breaking established precedence, setting up fake charitable organizations...

Followers have undying loyalty to/for their leader - no matter what!!!   
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 04:05:08 PM by iceman4221 »
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others that it's Not...

Offline Nomenclature

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
If you support either of the major political parties in the country.  :crazy:

Offline TSU/BAMA

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Why can't you just let it go? President Trump is at Mar-A-Lago enjoying his life and family.

:lmao: Oh no you didn't go there.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A

::)

Trump planning rallies in Ohio and Florida this summer

Former President Donald Trump plans to resume his signature campaign-style rallies in a series of battleground states this summer as he inches closer to a decision on whether to mount a comeback presidential bid in 2024.

"We'll be doing one in Florida, we're going to do one in Ohio, we're going to do one in North Carolina," the 45th President told the right-wing media outfit One America News in an interview Thursday, adding that he would release a rally schedule "relatively soon."
"We'll be announcing them very soon over the next week or two," Trump said.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/21/politics/trump-rallies-summer/index.html

Trump's Statement After Liz Cheney Ousted From GOP Leadership

Donald Trump did not hold back in his criticism of Representative Liz Cheney after the Wyoming Republican was removed from her leadership position as conference chair.

The former president issued a statement shortly after the 9 a.m. vote on Wednesday.

"Liz Cheney is a bitter, horrible human being. I watched her yesterday and realized how bad she is for the Republican Party," Trump said. "She has no personality or anything good having to do with politics or our Country. She is a talking point for Democrats, whether that means the Border, the gas lines, inflation, or destroying our economy. She is a warmonger whose family stupidly pushed us into the never-ending Middle East Disaster, draining our wealth and depleting our Great Military, the worst decision in our Country's history. I look forward to soon watching her as a Paid Contributor on CNN or MSDNC!"

https://www.newsweek.com/read-donald-trumps-statement-after-liz-cheney-ousted-gop-leadership-1590841

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu

President Trump?   :tiptoe:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile

Dude, are you crying?

Geez find another board to troll
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
Bro you need to have this printed in every paper in the USA.
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Brother Bison66 you have nailed it and the zombies that infest this forum?

The newbie is already crying 😭
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit

??? How can you enjoy life when you're one jump ahead of an indictment? ???  :popcorn:

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

??? How can you enjoy life when you're one jump ahead of an indictment? ???  :popcorn:

Indictments from whom, or what????

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I see, President Trump is living rent-free in some of the posters' head.  :tiptoe:  :lol:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
^^^^^^^^
lame
― Isaac Asimov

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
A frat Line Brother from our Howard U days is a supporter of #ErraticTrump.  He took offense at things I said about #3TimeLoser45 and at my description of some supporters as being CULT members.

He asked me to describe a CULT member, and I did.

Olds..t and y04 won't see these tendencies in themselves, but it is quite evident to everyone else.  Not sure about wiregrass...  EDIT:  Seems like wiregrass is going through "initiation."

Do you think I missed anything?

Thanks for the question.

A CULT member (including those of #3TimeLoser45) believes ALMOST any/everything the Dear Leader says without evidence, documentation or witnesses, and sometimes believes it in the face of very impressive evidence to the contrary supported by documentation and/or witnesses. 

- All the opposing witnesses are labeled as "liars" and regarded as enemies by Dear Leader and CULT members accept his/her statements as true.
- Documents and even recordings are dismissed as "fake news" or insignificant despite similar evidence (or less) being harped on as condemnatory when about the rivals of Dear Leader.
- Unsubstantiated - and often ridiculous - conspiracy theories are swallowed 'hook, line and sinker.' At least that is the stated position with zero DOUBT being acknowledged.

Once "initiated," CULT members fall prey to "confirmation bias" (just as many others do), and critical thinking is not employed. 

- For example, anti-vaxxers (perhaps including some supporters of #3TimeLoser45) see a video by an unknown person with zero credentials giving obviously and verifiably false information, but....since the info supports their pre-existing viewpoint, the anti-vaxxers accept and promote it.

A CULT member discards long-held policy (like 'Free Trade,' deficit/debt reduction) and other views when/if the Dear Leader takes a different position, such as criticizing POWs.

A CULT member justifies bad behavior and illegal acts by the Leader as either:
  1) falsely created by "enemies" and those who "just hate" the Leader, or
  2) justified because of rampant unfairness, or
  3) the crowd favorite - "media bias" from the "enemy of the people," or 
  4) simply to "own the libs,"
- the last one sometimes takes the form, "Oh, he was just saying that to get a rise out of people...."

A CULT member has no SIGNIFICANT viewpoints which are different from the Dear Leader's - or is unwilling to state them - AND has knee-jerk reactions to ANY criticism of Dear Leader. 

They also have ZERO in-depth critique of Dear Leader.
- I first encountered this with followers of Lyndon LaRouche and Rev. Moon (from Korea) decades ago in DC, and it is also prevalent in religious groups and some social movements.)

The embrace of Dear Leader becomes an extremely crucial and integral part of the CULT member's personal, social, and - in the case of politics - political identity.

In addition, one of the quite telling symptoms of CULT membership is the inability to make cogent or even coherent arguments when confronted with facts and logic that do not conform to Dear Leaders' pronouncements. 
- In discussions or debates, this often takes the form of DEFLECTIONS to other subjects (including "what aboutisms," the use of fallacious reasoning - especially ad hominem attacks..... and running away.

Did I miss anything, y'all??

O0

You just described you people and democrats.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule