News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Alabama A&M's Slaughter Earns Berth in NCAA Division I East Preliminaries  (Read 93 times)

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Senior Akia Slaughter (Smyrna, Ga.) has become just the second Alabama A&M women's track & field student-athlete since at least 2010 to make it to the biggest stage as she has earned a trip to the 2021 NCAA Division I East Preliminaries, doing so in both the 100- and 200-meters.

She will be among 48 individuals in each of those events that will converge upon Jacksonville, Florida to compete for a spot in the NCAA Division I Championships in Eugene, Oregon next month. The University of North Florida will host the East Preliminaries from May 26-29 with the women's events being held on Thursday, May 27 and Saturday, May 29.

Slaughter has been one of the top sprinters in the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC), and the Southeast for that matter, all year long, earning All-SWAC honors in the 100- and 200-meters as well as part of the 4x100-meter relay. She has also earned three SWAC Track Athlete of the Week honors in the process.

READ MORE
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
"The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically.  Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education."

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

~Martin Luther King,

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule