News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: ESPN signs 6 year extension for Celebration Bowl  (Read 2799 times)

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
Re: ESPN signs 6 year extension for Celebration Bowl
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2021, 08:45:19 PM »
The current MEAC will stuggle to beat each other. NCCU is the only other team from the meac to play in the CB. The SWAC has at least 8 to 9 teams that could be good enough to make it to the CB. MEAC has maybe 2 that could make a game of the CB. I just dont see the MEAC winning the CB anytime soon given how the SWAC is stacking up!

Let's name these 9

I see the following for the SWAC

Bama A&M
FAMU
JSU
Alcorn
Southern
UAPB

And SCSU or NSU for the MEAC

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2021, 08:59:18 PM »
The SWAC ain't going to be the same as in the last few years.  They are loading up. The MEAC is in trouble.

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2021, 09:18:44 PM »
The current MEAC will stuggle to beat each other. NCCU is the only other team from the meac to play in the CB. The SWAC has at least 8 to 9 teams that could be good enough to make it to the CB. MEAC has maybe 2 that could make a game of the CB. I just dont see the MEAC winning the CB anytime soon given how the SWAC is stacking up!

Howard, Norfolk State, Morgan State, South Carolina State, and North Carolina Central will all be competitive.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2021, 09:29:45 PM »
Each school in the MEAC should come out ok $$$$$  This smaller MEAC is making more sense to me.  Just have to hold on to existing schools.  The MEAC is going to be interesting.  Can't wait. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2021, 09:54:11 PM »
Man, we shall see.
I'm here for all the smoke any time you're feeling lucky.

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2021, 11:25:54 PM »
With the bigger payout to the smaller MEAC, they should be in no hurry to find new members. I think that Virginia State is just not interested. They can wait wait the five or ten years for Bowie if they are interested.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2021, 12:58:46 AM »
With the bigger payout to the smaller MEAC, they should be in no hurry to find new members. I think that Virginia State is just not interested. They can wait wait the five or ten years for Bowie if they are interested.
You're right but it's more involved in it than what's on the surface

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2021, 12:13:35 PM »
As I have said before on this forum, our university system in North Carolina is exactly like that of the University of California system. They call the head of their system chancellor and the heads of the individual units president. We call our system head president and the unit heads chancellor. It is not just North Carolina A & T, our state supported schools have been well supported. It is my belief that support is why North Carolina is considered to be a "bellweather" state and called "the new Ohio" even with a much smaller population than the other "bell weather" states. With their new wealth and a already successful basketball tournament, the MEAC is not about to die. My question to those in the know is why there is no interest in Fayetteville State University? I would think that their selection might be a motivating factor for Winston Salem State University to return.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2021, 12:29:14 PM »
FSU might be the best kept secret in the HBCU world.  We probably would have a better chance of getting Duke to join the MEAC than FSU. :snicker  It would be great to add the Broncos, but we already know that it's not going to happen. 

Offline ALMIGHTY

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2021, 01:12:54 PM »
Just speculating, but I am sure their has been interest in FSU from the MEAC.  It would be impossible for me to believe that we have reached out to KSU and not all of the CIAA schools.  However, interest has to be mutual.   
South Carolina State University

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2021, 01:21:05 PM »
Just speculating, but I am sure their has been interest in FSU from the MEAC.  It would be impossible for me to believe that we have reached out to KSU and not all of the CIAA schools.  However, interest has to be mutual.   

that's exactly true.  i'm a born and raised native of north carolina and in all my years there, i have "NEVER, EVER" heard any chatter from fsu folk that they're interested in moving up to d1.

like you said, interest has to be "mutual" and that's clearly not the case for fsu...

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2021, 01:37:30 PM »
As I have said before on this forum, our university system in North Carolina is exactly like that of the University of California system. They call the head of their system chancellor and the heads of the individual units president. We call our system head president and the unit heads chancellor. It is not just North Carolina A & T, our state supported schools have been well supported. It is my belief that support is why North Carolina is considered to be a "bellweather" state and called "the new Ohio" even with a much smaller population than the other "bell weather" states. With their new wealth and a already successful basketball tournament, the MEAC is not about to die. My question to those in the know is why there is no interest in Fayetteville State University? I would think that their selection might be a motivating factor for Winston Salem State University to return.

FSU is honestly just getting back on their feet. They aren't gonna leave the CI

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2021, 01:51:10 PM »
The ATL Will Be The Place To Be On August 28! Alcorn State Vs North Carolina Central With ESPN First Take In The Building
#SWACMEACChallenge

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline ALMIGHTY

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2021, 02:06:55 PM »
The ATL Will Be The Place To Be On August 28! Alcorn State Vs North Carolina Central With ESPN First Take In The Building
#SWACMEACChallenge
:clap:
South Carolina State University

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2021, 02:09:08 PM »
#SWACMEACChallenge

Eagle Pride will be there!  :clap:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule