News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: CIAA Expansion  (Read 1028 times)

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: CIAA Expansion
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2021, 09:47:35 PM »
 :offtopic:
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2021, 11:33:23 PM »
What has been refuted? If I am in error in anything that I posted, I do not mind being corrected.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2021, 03:30:07 PM »
What has been refuted? If I am in error in anything that I posted, I do not mind being corrected.
The part about the legislature

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2021, 04:49:40 PM »
Duly noted. Thankyou.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2021, 07:43:05 PM »
With several schools leaving the MEAC over the past 3-4 years and as they are trying to expand I'm sure the CIAA will most likely be impacted with schools like Va. State possibly making the move up.  Is the CIAA looking for future expansion?

The MEAC is the worst run conference in NCAA. Any program looking to join them would be crazy. :no:
Man stop it. Lol

:nono2: No, seriously blue. D.Thomas is the worst commissioner to ever head a conference in the history of the NCAA.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2021, 08:50:41 PM »
With several schools leaving the MEAC over the past 3-4 years and as they are trying to expand I'm sure the CIAA will most likely be impacted with schools like Va. State possibly making the move up.  Is the CIAA looking for future expansion?

The MEAC is the worst run conference in NCAA. Any program looking to join them would be crazy. :no:
Man stop it. Lol

:nono2: No, seriously blue. D.Thomas is the worst commissioner to ever head a conference in the history of the NCAA.
Well you're are where you should have been the last four decades now. So no need to concern yourself with other people business. Just don't ever get swept by a MEAC team again. Or we'll have to ask for a refund. :D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 07:26:55 AM by bluedog »

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2021, 07:03:09 AM »
Defecting teams make mistake, CIAA boss says
Mar 1, 2007

Leon Kerry leaned back on a leather couch at Bobcats Arena in Charlotte and smiled as the first game of his basketball tournament tipped off this week.

“I’m the big dog here in Division II,” the CIAA commissioner said. “We’re the biggest event in Division II NCAA. I like that.”

Kerry has been the boss of the nation’s oldest league of historically black colleges for 17 years. This week’s CIAA tournament is expected to bring 20,000 fans, and the men’s final Saturday will be the only nationally televised Division II conference championship game.

But Kerry also faces several significant issues, the biggest being the steady stream of CIAA schools moving up to Division I. Winston-Salem State left a year ago, and N.C. Central will depart at the end of the school year, leaving the league with 10 schools.

Kerry is convinced those schools are making the wrong decision.

“The thing is, when they go, they play .500 basketball,” he said. “You never hear from them again. They won’t be winning 28 games and playing in the national championship. They will never win a national championship in my lifetime.”

https://greensboro.com/defecting-teams-make-mistake-ciaa-boss-says/article_ac920680-0b53-520a-a996-99a11b945c60.html

He's still right.  Mighty Central couldn't beat a SWAC school in the play in game.

Yeah, Central has not made that jump to advance in the round of 16 like many would hope. But student enrollment has grown significantly over the past six years prior to "BLM Movement".  The move to D-I has had a huge impact of out-of-state application because of athletics. Yes, their baseball program is shutting down. But if they are redistributing the funds to other programs this is the right time with the entire MEAC South now gone there was no one else in to play in divisional play.  Moving these resources could give other programs the necessary boost that they need pick up where NCAT and BCU left off in the league.   

In terms of the CIAA, it will hold on to all of its current members by default. VSU is the only school that has an incentive to move but they cant do it alone. What they really need to do is look to add Bluefield State, Coppin and Norfolk to its membership to strengthen basketball and baseball.  This move would also make divisional travel simple and put together more natural rivalry games in the north. 

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2021, 08:17:50 AM »
Defecting teams make mistake, CIAA boss says
Mar 1, 2007

Leon Kerry leaned back on a leather couch at Bobcats Arena in Charlotte and smiled as the first game of his basketball tournament tipped off this week.

“I’m the big dog here in Division II,” the CIAA commissioner said. “We’re the biggest event in Division II NCAA. I like that.”

Kerry has been the boss of the nation’s oldest league of historically black colleges for 17 years. This week’s CIAA tournament is expected to bring 20,000 fans, and the men’s final Saturday will be the only nationally televised Division II conference championship game.

But Kerry also faces several significant issues, the biggest being the steady stream of CIAA schools moving up to Division I. Winston-Salem State left a year ago, and N.C. Central will depart at the end of the school year, leaving the league with 10 schools.

Kerry is convinced those schools are making the wrong decision.

“The thing is, when they go, they play .500 basketball,” he said. “You never hear from them again. They won’t be winning 28 games and playing in the national championship. They will never win a national championship in my lifetime.”

https://greensboro.com/defecting-teams-make-mistake-ciaa-boss-says/article_ac920680-0b53-520a-a996-99a11b945c60.html

He's still right.  Mighty Central couldn't beat a SWAC school in the play in game.

Yeah, Central has not made that jump to advance in the round of 16 like many would hope. But student enrollment has grown significantly over the past six years prior to "BLM Movement".  The move to D-I has had a huge impact of out-of-state application because of athletics. Yes, their baseball program is shutting down. But if they are redistributing the funds to other programs this is the right time with the entire MEAC South now gone there was no one else in to play in divisional play.  Moving these resources could give other programs the necessary boost that they need pick up where NCAT and BCU left off in the league.   

In terms of the CIAA, it will hold on to all of its current members by default. VSU is the only school that has an incentive to move but they cant do it alone. What they really need to do is look to add Bluefield State, Coppin and Norfolk to its membership to strengthen basketball and baseball.  This move would also make divisional travel simple and put together more natural rivalry games in the north.
Norfolk State will NOT give up Division-1 membership.

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr.SIAC/Mr.SWAC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2021, 12:25:05 PM »
Interesting readings from y'all posts. :nod:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2021, 02:13:27 PM »

Man stop it. Lol

Well you're where you should have been the last four decades now. So no need to concern yourself with other people business. Just don't ever get swept by a MEAC team again. Or we'll have to ask for a refund. :D

As of the present, we are currently still in the MEAC so that makes it my business, nosy Parker. You just worry about how you're going to explain that asskicking in your home stadium on Saturday Nov. 6. As for NCCU winning last weekend, we have lost games before in the run-up to the conference championship and won the conference crown in the tournament. So don't gloat...

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr.SIAC/Mr.SWAC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2021, 02:51:34 PM »
Are y'all throwing Shade at each other? :lol: :lol: :lol: :snicker :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2021, 02:55:39 PM »

Man stop it. Lol

Well you're where you should have been the last four decades now. So no need to concern yourself with other people business. Just don't ever get swept by a MEAC team again. Or we'll have to ask for a refund. :D

As of the present, we are currently still in the MEAC so that makes it my business, nosy Parker. You just worry about how you're going to explain that asskicking in your home stadium on Saturday Nov. 6. As for NCCU winning last weekend, we have lost games before in the run-up to the conference championship and won the conference crown in the tournament. So don't gloat...

There won't be much to explain, once y'all mail our shoes back after taking a long soak.

Offline EPJr

• Assistant GM
  • So Proud 2B a Panther; 2B a Union Panther
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2021, 06:37:21 PM »
Could UDC be a possible candidate for the CIAA if VSU leaves?

not this again
call us back when UDC has football

2x CIAA Champions - Go Lady Panthers!!!

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2021, 08:22:22 PM »
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
1997, 1998, 1999 CIAA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2021, 07:08:43 AM »

Man stop it. Lol

There won't be much to explain, once y'all mail our shoes back after taking a long soak.
Country bumpkins have shoes? Okay, Lil' Abner... :snicker

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule