News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: THE MASK: TO WEAR OR NOT TO WEAR; THAT IS THE QUESTION?  (Read 588 times)

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: THE MASK: TO WEAR OR NOT TO WEAR; THAT IS THE QUESTION?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2021, 11:38:31 AM »
Bruh one of my coworkers got that dragon knock out smell. I had to just travel with him. Whew I was so glad I had on this mask and he did too. Didn't have to smell that stank.

I definitely hope stanking breath people keep wearing them. Unfortunately they are the first ones not wearing them. Can't take their own funky breath.

Thank God I haven't had that problem for the last 5 years or so. I lost my sense of smell. Everything else works, though. Funny thing is, perfumes and colognes smell like dried rat piss to me. And I've done enough remodeling and tear downs back in the day to know what dried rat piss smells like.
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2021, 11:56:36 AM »
Bruh one of my coworkers got that dragon knock out smell. I had to just travel with him. Whew I was so glad I had on this mask and he did too. Didn't have to smell that stank.

I definitely hope stanking breath people keep wearing them. Unfortunately they are the first ones not wearing them. Can't take their own funky breath.

Thank God I haven't had that problem for the last 5 years or so. I lost my sense of smell. Everything else works, though. Funny thing is, perfumes and colognes smell like dried rat piss to me. And I've done enough remodeling and tear downs back in the day to know what dried rat piss smells like.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Like they've been feasting at the outhouse buffet...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 12:00:13 PM by soflorattler »

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2021, 01:45:15 PM »
ON REFLECTION, I REALIZE A COLD AND INFLUENZA ARE BACTERIA AND VIRUSES AND THAT A CLOTH OR PAPER MASK CAN'T COMPLETELY PROTECT ONE FROM THEM ENTERING THE BODY.  I THINK SOCIAL DISTANCING ALSO HAS A LOT TO DO WITH MY BETTER HEALTH THIS PAST YEAR.

I AM MUCH MORE AWARE OF HOW CLOSE I GET TO OTHERS AND JUST HOW CLOSE I LET THEM GET TO ME.
2X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2019 & 2020

"WE ARE MEAC"

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2021, 09:25:48 AM »
I’ve been fully vaccinated since early February.  I continue to follow the guidelines set by the CDC.  I definitely wear my mask when I’m out in public, and I still practice social distancing and universal precautions, along with using hand sanitizer. 
“At @TheSIAC media day, they wouldn’t even give us a table. They said, ‘you might want to ask one of the other schools if you can have a place to sit.’” — Coach Quinn

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2021, 07:42:15 PM »
I’ve been fully vaccinated since early February.  I continue to follow the guidelines set by the CDC.  I definitely wear my mask when I’m out in public, and I still practice social distancing and universal precautions, along with using hand sanitizer.

...NOW WE COULD HANG OUT. :nod:
2X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2019 & 2020

"WE ARE MEAC"

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2021, 10:35:36 PM »
You people need to check your state laws.  Many states have laws forbidding face coverings. The laws were suspended during Covid. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Nomenclature

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2021, 12:49:33 AM »
You people need to check your state laws.  Many states have laws forbidding face coverings. The laws were suspended during Covid.

COVID ain't over.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2021, 10:02:57 AM »

COVID ain't over.

Those posters that want to wear a mask after Covid might get locked up.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2021, 12:15:00 PM »
I am sick of wearing masks.  I have to teach about 7.5 hours a day in a mask. :(  However, I will continue.  Better safe than sorry.
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #TigerPride Grrrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2021, 03:57:50 PM »
Vaccinated [which isn't the same immunized] and I still wear a mask whenever I go up inside anywhere, businesses, stores, etc.

I guess what I really DON'T get: You go to a restaurant and have to wear one to get in but once seated, you can take it off to eat and drink.....ISN'T IT THE SAME AIR?  :shrug:

We wear them when we meet up for our group runs but we don't wear them when we run. Its actually NOT recommended.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2021, 04:42:37 PM »
My entire family still mask up and have received both vaccinations. Always have and continue to press hygiene as a priority. Can’t stand nasty mofos who don’t wash their hands or are unhygienic in public. What you do at home is all on you.

Automatic doors should become a staple in public places. I ain’t coming near filthy McNasty folks and have to resort to touching door knobs.

Had to laugh at this older Asian couple in Kroger the other day. They have complimentary masks as you enter the store. Them bold mofos walked up in there and grabbed about 10 each and did a perfectly executed about face, pivoting synchronously from right to left, getting the hell up out of there...

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #TigerPride Grrrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2021, 10:13:05 PM »
 :lol:   87 Alum, I am  :lmao: at the mask-thieving asians.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2021, 01:48:41 AM »
I caught covid in spite of having worn a mask religiously. I'll continue to do so even though I know first hand it may not prevent you from getting covid.
That occurred in February and I know I caught it from a coworker. I'm still driving myself crazy trying to think back to what moment I possibly could have caught it from her?

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2021, 07:07:50 AM »
I caught covid in spite of having worn a mask religiously. I'll continue to do so even though I know first hand it may not prevent you from getting covid.
That occurred in February and I know I caught it from a coworker. I'm still driving myself crazy trying to think back to what moment I possibly could have caught it from her?

Was everyone around you masked up at all times? Unless you had an N-95, you are only protected as much as people around you are wearing a mask.

Offline Nomenclature

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2021, 10:12:41 AM »

Was everyone around you masked up at all times? Unless you had an N-95, you are only protected as much as people around you are wearing a mask.

This is true.

Workplace transmission is becoming more common because people are spending numerous hours indoors and in contact with others. The concerning part is that with the more transmissible variants out there, the six-foot distance rule and wearing only cloth masks do very little to stop transmission.

That's part of the reason why there is a "labor shortage." People are fearful of being exposed to the virus from co-workers and/or patrons (if you work in the service industry).

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule