News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Kentucky State, Virginia State considering move up to Division I to join MEAC  (Read 7054 times)

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
Are we really concerned about VSU's financial state or we just don't want them to make that move?  They did the study and I guess they will move or don't move according to that study.  I'm not mad if they do or don't.  Having VSU, NSU, and Central in the same conference would be nice.  Add Winston and it would be even better.  Just wishing.

The study is going to suggest that they reclassify.  They always do. .  :lol:  :popcorn:

I wonder what NCCU's future study will say?  :tiptoe:

Right cause ummmmm..............

Online eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Are we really concerned about VSU's financial state or we just don't want them to make that move?  They did the study and I guess they will move or don't move according to that study.  I'm not mad if they do or don't.  Having VSU, NSU, and Central in the same conference would be nice.  Add Winston and it would be even better.  Just wishing.

The study is going to suggest that they reclassify.  They always do. .  :lol:  :popcorn:

Says the school that's begging MEAC schools to play them... :no:
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Jafus [Thinker]

• Assistant GM
  • THG Agency, LLC, Lecturer, President and CEO
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thg-agency.com
Wassup, Brother Jafus. Good to see you on here, sir.  ;)

Brother Jay! I’m good and staying busy like the rest of us. Thanks for the acknowledgment.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 06:34:06 PM by Jafus [Thinker] »
PV Produces Productive People

Dr. J. Kenyatta Cavil, MBA
Lecturer, President & CEO
THG Agency, LLC - The Heritage Group
A Consulting Applied Data Analysis & Sports Management, Agency
"Where your business is our business!"

-LOCATIONS-
Atlanta / Birmingham / Dallas / Houston / Jackson

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile

If that is the case...didn't your school say yes?
Shaw University - 61 CIAA Championships

2012 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline Jafus [Thinker]

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Wow. I guess I didn’t pay attention to his signature because I didn’t know that Jafus is Dr. Cavil. I always tune into his show on YouTube.

CSUGrad,

Thanks for supporting the show.

-LOCATIONS-

Offline Jafus [Thinker]

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Love his show

Professor,

Thanks for supporting the show.

-LOCATIONS-

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Timing couldn’t be worse. I think some of you are forgetting that we’re still in a pandemic. This is definitely not the time to make the jump to D1, with or without that generous donation from the former Mrs. Amazon.  It’s fun to talk about it, but don’t look for it to actually happen.

And Chicago State and Kentucky State? Now that’s just comical.
Um.....maybe you haven't  notice but the economy is booming and mandates are being lifted. We are far from the middle of the pandemic.  I'd even go as far as saying that we are on the backend of it.

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr.SIAC/Mr.SWAC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
Right Bluedog. :nod:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Don't be mad at us for your AD not committing to the MEAC long term in your Board of Trustee Meeting on 2/24/21. We will see what she says in June

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

For 10 years at that. And currently negotiating to play in every sport we both carry to include a home and home every year in basketball.

Online eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile

We felt sorry for them. :tongue2:

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

The study is going to suggest that they reclassify.  They always do. .    :popcorn:

We felt sorry for them. :tongue2:
Y'all tickle the hell out me. Reminds me of us and our ugly cousins in the northern part of Louisiana going at it.

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline colapanther13

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Timing couldn’t be worse. I think some of you are forgetting that we’re still in a pandemic. This is definitely not the time to make the jump to D1, with or without that generous donation from the former Mrs. Amazon.  It’s fun to talk about it, but don’t look for it to actually happen.

Um.....maybe you haven't  notice but the economy is booming and mandates are being lifted. We are far from the middle of the pandemic.  I'd even go as far as saying that we are on the backend of it.
Mandates are being lifted and the economy is improving but there’s still a good bit of uncertainty as to  how much longer COVID will linger over us.

But why should any school join the same MEAC that so many other schools have left or are trying to leave? Are we just going to ignore the fact that the MEAC’s future is still up in the air? The CIAA is definitely the more stable conference.

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Mandates are being lifted and the economy is improving but there’s still a good bit of uncertainty as to  how much longer COVID will linger over us.

But why should any school join the same Big South that so many other schools have left or are trying to leave? Are we just going to ignore the fact that the Big South’s future is still up in the air? The CIAA is definitely the more stable conference.

:shrug:

Online eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile

But why should any school join the same Big South that so many other schools have left or are trying to leave? Are we just going to ignore the fact that the Big South’s future is still up in the air? The CIAA is definitely the more stable conference.

:shrug:

I was thinking the exact same thing.  VSU, do the thing! 

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule