News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Active Covid Cases: Vaccinated vs Not Vaccinated  (Read 223 times)

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Active Covid Cases: Vaccinated vs Not Vaccinated
« on: May 07, 2021, 08:40:33 AM »
Now this would be an interesting perspective. Of the current covid case load, how many patients are vaccinated vs not vaccinated. Likewise, same statistical breakout for those on ventilators and in ICU....

What thinketh thou?

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Active Covid Cases: Vaccinated vs Not Vaccinated
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 08:58:48 AM »
I would love to see those numbers too. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the vaccine doesn't stop you from catching covid-19. It only makes the virus less likely at a percentage to keep you from severe symptoms. Basically relying on your immune system.
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 09:16:04 AM »
I would love to see those numbers too. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the vaccine doesn't stop you from catching covid-19. It only makes the virus less likely at a percentage to keep you from severe symptoms. Basically relying on your immune system.

That's why I'll continue to be masked up from now on like the Asians. :nod:

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 10:33:15 PM »
Bill Maher full vaccinated test positive for Covid-19

https://www.al.com/news/

Comedian and political pundit Bill Maher tested positive for COVID-19, according to a statement from HBO.

The 65-year-old “Real Time” host, who has been vaccinated, is asymptomatic and feeling fine according to that press release. However, taping of Friday’s show has been postponed.
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 10:35:35 PM »
8 Yankees Players and Staff Test Positive for COVID-19 Despite Being Vaccinated Before Diagnosis

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/8-yankees-players-staff-test-010451482.html

"Bulldog for Life"

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 11:11:25 PM »

The vaccine greatly reduces your chances of catching covid. It's not 100% but close. If you catch covid after being vaccinated your chances of becoming ill from it is greatly reduced. Cee dog, remember in life death is the only thing that is 100%. You can't avoid it and you can't come back from it.  It's all about the numbers, when you evaluate risk. Is your risk of death higher with or without the shot? Few people have died from complications from the shot. Almost 600,000 have died from not being protected from Covid.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 11:16:47 PM »
Oh ok.  :popcorn: let me ask you a question. How do we know fewer will or have died? I mean this is the information being released from the same government who will not tell you what they know about Covid-19 and how it got to this point. Just saying....

The vaccine greatly reduces your chances of catching covid. It's not 100% but close. If you catch covid after being vaccinated your chances of becoming ill from it is greatly reduced. Cee dog, remember in life death is the only thing that is 100%. You can't avoid it and you can't come back from it.  It's all about the numbers, when you evaluate risk. Is your risk of death higher with or without the shot? Few people have died from complications from the shot. Almost 600,000 have died from not being protected from Covid.
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 12:47:20 AM »
In this life, you are going to have to trust someone,  and often times, you and your gut feeling is not the best answer. It's all about risk and chance. Sometimes you win when gambling, sometimes you will come up on the short end of the stick. You take a chance when you get in your car every day and get on the highway. I don't care how careful you are, there is always a possibility you may get caught up in someone else's misfortune. Good people die all the time from situations they have little control over. 
Personally I don't care if you or Trump supporters don't take the shot. I just wish America would stop tip toeing around non vaxers and start excluding folk.  No shot, -no flight, no stores, no mass gatherings, no school.... Folk need to be isolated so we can get this crap  under control. If you don't trust the government numbers, look at what has happened to the people around you who have caught covid. I know several who have died. I know no one who has died from taking the shot. If I only use that metric, then it is a no brainer not to go under the needle.

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2021, 02:56:29 AM »
What I can't understand, now that everyone from the age of 12 and up are eligible for the vaccination, there's a large number of teenagers who refuse to get vaccinated, which they are saying is tied to social media sites such as TikTok for their apathy. I've seen those TikTok videos that make fun of the side effects of the vaccination.  I knew then that those videos might be a problem for people who don't quite understand.  This Black mother I know in Alabama whom herself has been vaccinated told me that her 17 year old daughter is refusing to get vaccinated. I told her to take her cellphone away from her and to not give it back until she has gotten vaccinated.  I'm sure the side effect of no cellphone would have her little a$$ standing first in line to get vaccinated. These dumb kids believe anything on social media these days.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2021, 05:48:45 AM »
Oh ok.  :popcorn: let me ask you a question. How do we know fewer will or have died? I mean this is the information being released from the same government who will not tell you what they know about Covid-19 and how it got to this point. Just saying....

Labs report COVID cases, not the government.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2021, 12:46:36 PM »
What I can't understand, now that everyone from the age of 12 and up are eligible for the vaccination, there's a large number of teenagers who refuse to get vaccinated, which they are saying is tied to social media sites such as TikTok for their apathy. I've seen those TikTok videos that make fun of the side effects of the vaccination.  I knew then that those videos might be a problem for people who don't quite understand.  This Black mother I know in Alabama whom herself has been vaccinated told me that her 17 year old daughter is refusing to get vaccinated. I told her to take her cellphone away from her and to not give it back until she has gotten vaccinated.  I'm sure the side effect of no cellphone would have her little a$$ standing first in line to get vaccinated. These dumb kids believe anything on social media these days.

My good friend's wife refuses to get vaccinated. We talked about this yesterday, he is frustrated. There is nothing he can say to her.  They both have had covid.   :brickwall: I don't understand people.

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2021, 01:13:29 PM »

My good friend's wife refuses to get vaccinated. We talked about this yesterday, he is frustrated. There is nothing he can say to her.  They both have had covid.   :brickwall: I don't understand people.

All I can say is for him to tell her.....

Offline InTheHunt

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2021, 08:54:37 PM »
8 Yankees Players and Staff Test Positive for COVID-19 Despite Being Vaccinated Before Diagnosis

They received Johnson & Johnson...

Offline Devin

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2021, 09:42:52 PM »

They received Johnson & Johnson...

Break-through cases have involved all vaccines.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2021, 01:10:57 AM »
Please note that before every surgery, they send the anesthesiologists in with papers for you to sign which states the anesthesia could kill you, and in that case, they are not responsible. Is this reason enough not to have an angioplasty procedure when your artery is 95% blocked?  :shrug:

Stop picking through the pile and finding rare events and using it as your example. That reminds me to check my Mega Millions  ticket.  ;D

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule