News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: South Carolina May Bring Back Firing Squads  (Read 403 times)

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
South Carolina May Bring Back Firing Squads
« on: May 06, 2021, 09:36:25 PM »
Damn....dem mugs wanna bring back firing squads as a means of execution for death row inmates...

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: South Carolina May Bring Back Firing Squads
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 06:07:35 AM »
I hear a  certain poster will come out of retirement to lead the squad.  :tiptoe:

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 08:01:15 AM »
I hear a  certain poster will come out of retirement to lead the squad.  :tiptoe:

Preferably for the wall...

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Online ALMIGHTY

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 10:24:37 AM »
Flogging is more effective than any other form of punishment. 
South Carolina State University

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 10:31:32 AM »

When we lived there, crime was definitely low in Singapore. I will never forget the first weekend we relocated there, they had a hanging at dawn for a person caught and convicted of smuggling drugs on a connecting flight to Australia. The dog sat down next to this mug as he waited in line for his flight. He had ingested several balloons of black tar heroin. Once he passed it, he was tried and convicted. About two weeks later, he faced his penalty.....

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2021, 11:05:26 AM »
Some people are truly trying to take this country backwards.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2021, 11:07:22 AM »
Some people are truly trying to take this country backwards.

How? 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2021, 11:13:36 AM »
It's unnecessary.

Online ALMIGHTY

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2021, 11:29:19 AM »

When we lived there, crime was definitely low in Singapore. I will never forget the first weekend we relocated there, they had a hanging at dawn for a person caught and convicted of smuggling drugs on a connecting flight to Australia. The dog sat down next to this mug as he waited in line for his flight. He had ingested several balloons of black tar heroin. Once he passed it, he was tried and convicted. About two weeks later, he faced his penalty.....
Singapore and Malaysia have low crime rates. They both have flogging/canning. A lot of senseless foolishness that go on in America would almost cease if we flogged people. DUI, Child Abuse/Neglect, CDV, A&B, Theft, Shoplifting, Burglary, Gun/Drug charges, and most misdemeanors should be punishable  by flogging.  Juvenile delinquency would almost go the way of the dinosaur with flogging.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Devin

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2021, 11:43:32 AM »

Singapore and Malaysia have low crime rates. They both have flogging/canning. A lot of senseless foolishness that go on in America would almost cease if we flogged people. DUI, Child Abuse/Neglect, CDV, A&B, Theft, Shoplifting, Burglary, Gun/Drug charges, and most misdemeanors should be punishable  by flogging.  Juvenile delinquency would almost go the way of the dinosaur with flogging.

America's penal system is already harsh and disproportionately punitive. No need to bring in another form of draconian punishment. 

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2021, 11:47:43 AM »
I’m a believer and supporter. One thing is they often would administer half of the lashes to open up the wound....and when it healed up, come back for the remaining half as a painful reminder....

Remember the fool that was there as a Expat who vandalized cars....Clinton tried to intervene unsuccessfully. They caned him as part of his sentence. Damn fool...one of the cars was the private vehicle of the prime minister staffer. Keyed up the whole side of this Mercedes because he didn’t like the kid who was a classmate. They all lived in the Woodlands area, very close to the American School.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1994-03-04-mn-29913-story.html

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2021, 11:59:23 AM »
So the floggings and hangings are public?
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Online ALMIGHTY

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2021, 12:16:38 PM »

America's penal system is already harsh and disproportionately punitive. No need to bring in another form of draconian punishment.
I should have been clearer, flogging in place of incarceration in most cases.

Trust me, our society is full of very bad people who continuously repeat crimes that hurt very good people.  I am an advocate for victims, not perpetrators.

Online ALMIGHTY

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2021, 12:20:05 PM »
So the floggings and hangings are public?
I would only support victims being witnesses.  Otherwise, the punishment is being glorified.  No need to make it a spectacle.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule