News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Will Smith's dad bod.  (Read 159 times)

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Will Smith's dad bod.
« on: May 04, 2021, 04:21:27 PM »
Me think that is pretty good for your 50's. Are we unrealistic about body image?  :shrug:

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
Re: Will Smith's dad bod.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 06:01:18 PM »
I ain't ever gonna have a dad bod...........................................but then again, I ain't a dad. :lol:
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 06:01:36 PM »
Yeah, but Will was cut for his role as Ali and another film, so I’m guessing he knows he can do better.

Covid is a muther
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 06:13:49 PM »
I ain't mad at Will. Carrying that gut is not good. This is where all the blood pressure and stuff sits at. Get rid of it and watch your vitals change.
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 06:16:48 PM »
On a side note I was watching the daily blast today and they talked about this. They had a picture of Mark Wahlberg on showing he's gain weight. The ladies on the show said they prefer men with a little wait instead of in shape men. They showed a poll saying that most women want men with dad bodies instead of in shape bodies. They said it means you have more time for them instead of being vain. I totally disagree. That's insecurities so they don't have to work out. 😂
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 11:03:58 PM »
Realistically, the body changes as we age. Unfortunately, we live in a world that suggests everyone should have a 25 year old body for their entire lives.  There is no better place to see the effects of aging on the body than at a gym.  There are a few exceptions, but most guys working out have nice arms but struggle with the midsection as they approach 50.  Those guys go hard and have been working out for years.  Even guys who don't workout and are not over weight have aging body issues. In their case, they tend to be skinny with flabby muscles and skin.  Unless you have good genes, having a good body over 50 requires very hard work, and basically starving your self to death.  Unless you are a celebrity, the average person  is not willing to adhere to some mythical beauty standard. The best thing you can do is stay toned, control the weight gain, and exercise for your heart.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 11:17:51 PM »
I ain't mad at Will. Carrying that gut is not good. This is where all the blood pressure and stuff sits at. Get rid of it and watch your vitals change.
Not necessarily, I have a gut young girl's playground, and when I had my physical yesterday my blood pressure was 109/71. :shrug: I guess it depends on how much you exercise. Matter of fact I have some cheesecake in the frig and I'm going to exercise my will over it. :lol:
AAMU SIAC Championships 7, SWAC Championships 2 NCAA DII National Championships Men's Soccer '77 & '79, Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU National Championship 1

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 12:20:17 AM »
Not necessarily, I have a gut young girl's playground, and when I had my physical yesterday my blood pressure was 109/71. :shrug: I guess it depends on how much you exercise. Matter of fact I have some cheesecake in the frig and I'm going to exercise my will over it. :lol:

i bet that playground has a dollar bill stapled to the gate so the young girls can pick it up as they walk in to play.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 10:39:42 PM »
 :lol:

"Bulldog for Life"

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 10:41:05 PM »
That's true. We still gotta try and get some exercise in. Lifting beer bottles up ain't working out. 😂

Realistically, the body changes as we age. Unfortunately, we live in a world that suggests everyone should have a 25 year old body for their entire lives.  There is no better place to see the effects of aging on the body than at a gym.  There are a few exceptions, but most guys working out have nice arms but struggle with the midsection as they approach 50.  Those guys go hard and have been working out for years.  Even guys who don't workout and are not over weight have aging body issues. In their case, they tend to be skinny with flabby muscles and skin.  Unless you have good genes, having a good body over 50 requires very hard work, and basically starving your self to death.  Unless you are a celebrity, the average person  is not willing to adhere to some mythical beauty standard. The best thing you can do is stay toned, control the weight gain, and exercise for your heart.
"Bulldog for Life"