News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Interview with Tennessee State athletics director Dr. Mikki Allen  (Read 486 times)

Offline InTheHunt

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: Interview with Tennessee State athletics director Dr. Mikki Allen
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2021, 10:39:29 PM »
The SWAC is the superior conference option for TSU. The SWAC would also greatly benefit from pulling in a strong HBCU school/program and the booming Nashville market.

That I can agree with. TSU would have natural rivalries with some of the SWAC schools which helps in ticket sales, classic payouts, parking etc. playing in places like Houston would open TSU to expanding the brand. The biggest issue is travel but if the revenue streams are coming in you can get past that.

Yep the SWAC and TSU need to make it happen, and pull SC State in to get to 14. I don’t see what SC State has left in the MEAC with A&T gone and FAMU and Bethune in the SWAC.

I can only assume that you either want Howard to leave the MEAC for the Big South or have Howard lead the charge to get more Virginia and North Carolina schools in the MEAC and the schools don't have to come from the CIAA. This would make the MEAC a more compacted conference that would only cover four states and the District of Columbia, with Howard becoming more of the MEAC's geographic center.

I just think SC State is better in the SWAC with FAMU and Bethune now (especially with A&T gone), whatever that means to the MEAC. As for Howard, I personally would like Howard in the same conference with our peers Hampton and A&T, but that's really beside the point.

I guess this is a football board. Lol but what does SC State bring to the SWAC? Football history...? Or y’all got the SWAC collecting all the HBCUs?

Online JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2021, 01:13:44 AM »
The SWAC is the superior conference option for TSU. The SWAC would also greatly benefit from pulling in a strong HBCU school/program and the booming Nashville market.

That I can agree with. TSU would have natural rivalries with some of the SWAC schools which helps in ticket sales, classic payouts, parking etc. playing in places like Houston would open TSU to expanding the brand. The biggest issue is travel but if the revenue streams are coming in you can get past that.

Yep the SWAC and TSU need to make it happen, and pull SC State in to get to 14. I don’t see what SC State has left in the MEAC with A&T gone and FAMU and Bethune in the SWAC.

I can only assume that you either want Howard to leave the MEAC for the Big South or have Howard lead the charge to get more Virginia and North Carolina schools in the MEAC and the schools don't have to come from the CIAA. This would make the MEAC a more compacted conference that would only cover four states and the District of Columbia, with Howard becoming more of the MEAC's geographic center.

I just think SC State is better in the SWAC with FAMU and Bethune now (especially with A&T gone), whatever that means to the MEAC. As for Howard, I personally would like Howard in the same conference with our peers Hampton and A&T, but that's really beside the point.

You know if South Carolina State leaves the MEAC, the conference will only have 5 football teams. I guess that would grant you your wish of having an excuse of being in a conference of y'all peers.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 01:25:11 AM by JAG89 »

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2021, 07:04:48 AM »
Quote from: DAHILL link=topic=173009.msg1220429#msg1220429 date=1619828570d
TSU has had their chance.... They need the SWAC more than the SWAC needs them at this point.

But Dr. Allen says the SWAC never invited TSU...and seems open to SWAC. :shrug:

TSU + SCSU is the right move!

The SWAC doesn’t need to reach out to anyone. BCU and FAMU reached out to the SWAC, not the other way around.

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2021, 07:08:18 AM »

You know if South Carolina State leaves the MEAC, the conference will only have 5 football teams. I guess that would grant you your wish of having an excuse of being in a conference of y'all peers.

If SC State wanted to be in the SWAC, they would be there. They are committed to the MEAC. More committed than Delaware State and even Howard if we’re being honest. 👀

Offline EagleWing

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2021, 09:07:59 AM »
It’s sad to see people openly rooting for the demise of the MEAC. Smh

Online Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2021, 01:48:41 PM »

Flexibility in Scheduling and an easy trip to the Celebration Bowl

Offline AimHigh

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2021, 12:00:47 AM »
BOTTOM LINE: TENNESSEE STATE IS AN EXCELLENT FIT FOR THE SWAC & THE SWAC IS PERFECT FOR TSU!

« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 12:04:36 AM by AimHigh »

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #TigerPride
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2021, 09:16:58 AM »
as much as I would LOVE to see the Big Blue Tigers in the SWAC.
Its just not happening. And the current ovc is TIRED!  ::)
TSU has spent too many years in the ovc and has lost almost
every old rival that they had except Jackson State.

Nephew is a Morehouse Man now!