News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: MSNBC Anchor Makes WV Gov Look Foolish  (Read 141 times)

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
MSNBC Anchor Makes WV Gov Look Foolish
« on: April 30, 2021, 01:52:13 PM »
Not too hard to do, dude is from freaking West Virginia....when asked to cite one single shred of evidence that supports his positioning on a transgendered bill, he couldn’t.

https://www.msnbc.com/stephanie-ruhle/watch/watch-west-virginia-governor-unable-to-provide-evidence-of-transgender-athletes-gaining-athletic-advantage-after-signing-anti-transgender-bill-111117381621

'Come back when you can show me evidence': Stephanie Ruhle rips into W.V. governor over anti-trans law

Days after signing a bill that bans transgender athletes from competing in female sports, West Virginia Governor Jim Justice was unable to provide any specific examples of a transgender person gaining an unfair athletic advantage. NBC News' Stephanie Ruhle spared with the Republican governor over his state's priorities and why he chose to sign an anti-transgender bill over focusing on other issues.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: MSNBC Anchor Makes WV Gov Look Foolish
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 02:17:17 PM »
 :lol: :o :lol:^^^man, she went straightup HAM on that hillbilly. I almost felt sorry for dude, the way he played into negative stereotypes people outside the state have of WV. It’s generally considered a stupid, dumb, regressive and poor state. And “poor” is pronounced “poe” in Nashville negro patois;)

West Va is one of the most God-forsaken states in the union. And Joe’s progressive agenda for this country is contingent on the cooperation of the Dem US Senator from that state.

God help us.  :no:

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 02:29:38 PM »
Strike -

Every journalist with a spine should ask repubs to cite their evidence on all of their positions. What you’d most likely find is they are devoid of factual evidence and will deflect and redirect. 

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 02:48:21 PM »
Alum^^^I understand what you’re stating, bossman, and don’t disagree. But it’s going to take more than getting GOP scumbag politicians on the record. The average citizen/voter needs to stop acting dumb and stupid and do their individual part to self correct this country.

Btw, Alum and board, how long have we heard W Virginians say they are NOT what all the common negative stereotypes portray them to be.  Well, the governor’s appearance today on MSNBC sure the hell did not mitigate against all of those negative stereotypes.  :no:

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2021, 03:00:47 PM »
I agree, the governor look pretty bad. He wasn’t prepared for that at all.

The culture wars rage on with the GOP. I’m pretty much for people doing what they like as long as they aren’t hurting anyone else, but as a father of a daughter I have to admit I wouldn’t want her playing ball against a transgender girl.

It was all good up until last year...all her sports were pretty much co-Ed.

Now that she has hit middle school the size, strength, speed differences between the boys and girls is obvious.

As a society we gonna have to figure this thing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2021, 03:08:06 PM »
I agree, the governor look pretty bad. He wasn’t prepared for that at all.

The culture wars rage on with the GOP. I’m pretty much for people doing what they like as long as they aren’t hurting anyone else, but as a father of a daughter I have to admit I wouldn’t want her playing ball against a transgender girl.

It was all good up until last year...all her sports were pretty much co-Ed.

Now that she has hit middle school the size, strength, speed differences between the boys and girls is obvious.

As a society we gonna have to figure this thing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s the truth that folks aren’t either focusing on or understanding...in all of the organized sports leagues that I’m knowledgeable of, especially where athletes must have a physical exam before competing, it’s impossible for an athlete with testosterone to compete with and against females who have zero testosterone in their blood and body.

I can’t speak for every single league and how they are organized. As a dad with daughters, I wouldn’t let mine compete in leagues where there are no rules and regulations preventing this.

Offline Devin

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2021, 04:33:19 PM »
Anybody check if that dude still with us after getting his soul taken?  :lol:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule