News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: WBB: Kim Mulkey Leaving Baylor for LSU  (Read 323 times)

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
WBB: Kim Mulkey Leaving Baylor for LSU
« on: April 25, 2021, 08:25:48 PM »
Didn’t see that one coming....I guess with the men’s team coming off a championship, I wonder if that played a role in her decision....

Online JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: WBB: Kim Mulkey Leaving Baylor for LSU
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 10:40:29 PM »
Nope...LSU's athletic programs are well funded.  I believe LSU's athletics are somewhere in the top ten when it comes to revenue generation.  Because LSU's athletics are so well funded, it has caused some division with its academic programs.  I'm sure White kids at LSU are tired of seeing LSU's athletes, particularly Black athletes always being pamper.  I do believe its football program has one top cafeterias in the country with a top New Orleans chef overseeing it.  I'm sure those White kids at LSU hate that they have to eat at some traditional cafeteria while the football players are eating top notch sirloin steaks and shrimps.

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/lsu-student-library-photo-football-facility

Offline colapanther13

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 11:19:29 PM »
The more Coach Mulkey opens her mouth, the less I seem to like her. The transition should be pretty smooth for her though since she’s moving from one problematic school to another.

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 03:06:32 AM »
I'm ECSTATIC about this hire. I had season tickets to LSU women's basketball for three seasons in a row, when Pokey was the coach. The Van Chancellor and Nikki Fargas years have been hard, but now we're back!
Geaux Tigers! :nod:

Nope...LSU's athletic programs are well funded.  I believe LSU's athletics are somewhere in the top ten when it comes to revenue generation.  Because LSU's athletics are so well funded, it has caused some division with its academic programs.  I'm sure White kids at LSU are tired of seeing LSU's athletes, particularly Black athletes always being pamper.  I do believe its football program has one top cafeterias in the country with a top New Orleans chef overseeing it.  I'm sure those White kids at LSU hate that they have to eat at some traditional cafeteria while the football players are eating top notch sirloin steaks and shrimps.

Man, those kids at LSU know the deal. The football players bring in the big money for the athletic department. If they want to be mad, be mad at the folks who kept voting in Bobby Jindall and his decimating of higher education in the state.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 03:11:05 AM by Ivan »
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Online JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 03:41:20 AM »
I'm ECSTATIC about this hire. I had season tickets to LSU women's basketball for three seasons in a row, when Pokey was the coach. The Van Chancellor and Nikki Fargas years have been hard, but now we're back!
Geaux Tigers! :nod:

Man, those kids at LSU know the deal. The football players bring in the big money for the athletic department. If they want to be mad, be mad at the folks who kept voting in Bobby Jindall and his decimating of higher education in the state.  ::)

I agree.  I just hope my twin nephews who parents finished from LSU get to enjoy some of those luxuries when they attend LSU.  Their mom also got her law degree from LSU and their dad played football at LSU.  But they might surprise us and decide to go to another college.  But whatever school they choose to attend, I'll support them 1000%.

Online JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 03:55:08 AM »
LSU's Athletics Executive Chef

« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 03:57:27 AM by JAG89 »

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 06:39:30 AM »
It's the only coach that LSU was pursuing in the search. Plus, she played and started her coaching career at Louisiana Tech

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2021, 01:44:06 PM »
Good for her...

Teeny and Little

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2021, 02:15:44 PM »
The more Coach Mulkey opens her mouth, the less I seem to like her.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

We don't even have to go into the why. The flick of her at the White House with -IQ45 and the black players facial expressions behind her said so much.
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline colapanther13

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2021, 04:17:49 AM »
The more Coach Mulkey opens her mouth, the less I seem to like her.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

We don't even have to go into the why. The flick of her at the White House with -IQ45 and the black players facial expressions behind her said so much.

Exactly. That moment alone told me all I needed to know about her but it definitely wasn’t the first time she’s been outta pocket. But since LSU is happy to have her I guess I’ll just mind my business...

Online bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2021, 10:47:39 AM »
Didn’t see that one coming....I guess with the men’s team coming off a championship, I wonder if that played a role in her decision....
Oh this has been in the making for a very long time.

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule