News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Senator Tim Scott Statement on the Verdict in the Derek Chauvin Trial  (Read 115 times)

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A

WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Tim Scott (R-S.C.) released the following statement on the verdict in the trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin for the murder of George Floyd:

“George Floyd died because Derek Chauvin kneeled on his neck and stopped him from breathing for more than nine minutes. There is no question in my mind that the jury reached the right verdict,” said Senator Scott. “While this outcome should give us renewed confidence in the integrity of our justice system, we know there is more work to be done to ensure the bad apples do not define all officers—the vast majority of whom put on the uniform each day with integrity and servant hearts.  We must all come together to help repair the tenuous relationship between law enforcement and Black and minority Americans.

“To deny the progress we’ve made is just as damaging as not making progress at all. I urge people across this nation to peacefully make their voices heard and engage in conversations that will continue to move us toward a more just America. I believe in the goodness of our country; we can and will do better.”

https://www.scott.senate.gov/media-center/press-releases/senator-tim-scott-statement-on-the-verdict-in-the-derek-chauvin-trial

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 17 Football Championships and Counting...
Re: Senator Tim Scott Statement on the Verdict in the Derek Chauvin Trial
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 05:48:09 PM »
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others that it's Not...

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 17 Football Championships and Counting...
For all Onnidan1 forum participants that believe the Verdict in the Derek Chauvin trial was incorrect...

A Word From Our Sponsor, Senator Tim "OREO" Scott from my home state of South Carolina...

“George Floyd died because Derek Chauvin kneeled on his neck and stopped him from breathing for more than nine minutes. There is no question in my mind that the jury reached the right verdict,” said Senator Scott.
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others that it's Not...

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
Oldsport the only poster who thinks the verdict was wrong

Oldsport, do you think Chauvin unlawfully caused the death of George Floyd?

No.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule