News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: NCA&T 2021 Football Schedule  (Read 2732 times)

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: NCA&T 2021 Football Schedule
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2021, 05:25:59 PM »
You leave an HBCU conference but understand that your schedule is better with HBCUs on it?  :shrug:  Ok.

Or we could be looking for a couple of easy wins

Already looking down on HBCUs.  :no:
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Online bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2021, 07:14:19 PM »
You leave an HBCU conference but understand that your schedule is better with HBCUs on it?  :shrug:  Ok.

BCFNC:1948,49,50,54,60,75,93,95,97,98,03
SWAC Champs: 1937,38,40,46,47,48,49,50,55,59,60,66,75,93,97,98,99,03,13
Bowl Appearances:11 record 8-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Online Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2021, 08:59:43 AM »

NCCU hasn't crossed the 50 yard line against A&T in 2 years. We all know what's going to happen.

We have won the last 5 against SCSU. This fall will be 6.

It's not looking down on anyone when we know we have the better team

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2021, 10:09:25 AM »
Yeah enjoy it while you can, but don't get too cocky.

That 0'fer 2.5 years can pop up at any time.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline SSUTigerFan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2021, 10:40:20 AM »
We have nightmares about FCS.  Right now, we are trying to keep the doors opened.

I thought moving back to div. 2 would have solved your problems.

You dont understand the Georgia board of Regents.  They are allowing encroachment against SSU by Georgia Southetn.  They are allowing duplication of programs, which in turn affect our enrollment.  We are doing quite well in d2 sports.

Online Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2021, 11:02:49 AM »

Bwhaha you do realize the years we were losing , NCCU still struggled to beat us. It's in no comparison to the beatings NCCU is taking right now 

A&T had losing seasons from 2004 - 2011

2004 A&T 16-15
2005 NCCU 23-22
2006 didn't play
2007 NCCU 27-22
2008 NCCU 28-27
2009 A&T 23-17
2010 NCCU 27-16
2011 A&T 31-21

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2021, 11:23:06 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Good debate folks.  Time will tell.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2021, 11:49:17 PM »

Bwhaha you do realize the years we were losing , NCCU still struggled to beat us. It's in no comparison to the beatings NCCU is taking right now 

2004 A&T 16-15
2005 NCCU 23-22
2006 didn't play
2007 NCCU 27-22
2008 NCCU 28-27
2009 A&T 23-17
2010 NCCU 27-16
2011 A&T 31-21

Struggled...?  Whatever.

We haven't struggled...ever...for 2.5 years trying to get a victory, against any school.

I wonder what excuse you gonna offer in your first BS year and NOT make the playoffs?
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Online Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2021, 08:47:15 AM »

2004 A&T 16-15
2005 NCCU 23-22
2006 didn't play
2007 NCCU 27-22
2008 NCCU 28-27
2009 A&T 23-17
2010 NCCU 27-16
2011 A&T 31-21

Struggled...?  Whatever.

We haven't struggled...ever...for 2.5 years trying to get a victory, against any school.

I wonder what excuse you gonna offer in your first BS year and NOT make the playoffs?

Same excuse you have when you have a losing season , no MEAC Title and no Celebration Bowl appearance

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2021, 03:16:52 PM »

As far as TSU , they has had 9 winning seasons since 1999. Winning cures all in my opinion. And TSU hasn't been a force in BCF since the 60's and 70's. They had the 98 and 99 teams and then the 2013 team. Other than that , they lost or been middle of the road. IMO , their issue coaching and needing to recruit better talent. We will see what Eddie George is going to be able to bring to the table.

This is not TRUE.  Tennessee State was a major force in BCF in the 1980s and 1990s.  During my 15 years of living in Louisville I would do the 175 mile drive to Nashville for football games.  Before joining the OVC they were independent in BCF.  Their normal record would be 9 - 1 or 10 - 1.  In 1981 and 1984 they travelled to Louisville to play U of L.  They won both games handily.  They made the I-AA playoffs during those years also.  When they came to Louisville for the first time in 1981 folks lost their minds when the Aristocrats took the field.

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Online Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2021, 03:31:19 PM »
Looking like ESPN2 or ESPNU for this one

The 2021 North Carolina A&T Aggies at Duke Blue Devils football game has been moved to Friday night, Duke has announced.
The game, originally scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 11, will now be played on Friday, Sept. 10, 2021, at Duke’s Wallace Wade Stadium in Durham, N.C. Kickoff time and television designation will be announced at a later date.

https://fbschedules.com/2021-north-carolina-at-duke-football-game-moved-to-friday-night/

Offline aggie law

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2021, 04:33:45 PM »
Nice way to showcase Jah-Maine Martin! :clap:

Online Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2021, 05:02:06 PM »
Nice way to showcase Jah-Maine Martin! :clap:

Looks that way. Hope he gets the Tarik Cohen treatment from ESPN

Online DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2021, 06:32:07 PM »

As far as TSU , they has had 9 winning seasons since 1999. Winning cures all in my opinion. And TSU hasn't been a force in BCF since the 60's and 70's. They had the 98 and 99 teams and then the 2013 team. Other than that , they lost or been middle of the road. IMO , their issue coaching and needing to recruit better talent. We will see what Eddie George is going to be able to bring to the table.

This is not TRUE.  Tennessee State was a major force in BCF in the 1980s and 1990s.  During my 15 years of living in Louisville I would do the 175 mile drive to Nashville for football games.  Before joining the OVC they were independent in BCF.  Their normal record would be 9 - 1 or 10 - 1.  In 1981 and 1984 they travelled to Louisville to play U of L.  They won both games handily.  They made the I-AA playoffs during those years also.  When they came to Louisville for the first time in 1981 folks lost their minds when the Aristocrats took the field.

Facts.  TSU's didn't really fall off until this past decade. They are definitely a Black College Football blue blood, along with FAMU, Grambling, Tuskegee and JSU.

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2021, 07:12:33 PM »

2021 fall schedule "sucks". i'm a longtime holder of a "pair" of season tickets and the only pwc i'll attend on this schedule will be "ghoe" but that's because i have no other choice. otherwise, i will not attend any other pwc games, i'll only attend the nccu and hampton games. i would attend the scsu game but its in orangeburg and i'm not sure i'll make that trip. the hampton game is in hampton, but that's a short drive from home for me.

otherwise, the rest of the pwc schedule can "kick rocks". not looking forward to the aggie football schedule this fall. we need to change our mascot name to the a&t "sellouts"...

It's not a boycott unless you don't buy tickets. Otherwise you're still supporting the program.

:shrug: who said anything about a "boycott"?  please point that person out! those are "your words", not mine.

now, as far as me supporting a&t sports, i will continue to do so but "solely because" its my alma mater.  i will also continue to support the "meac" and have already done so "monetarily" by making donations to both scsu and nsu.

but as i've said from the very beginning, "I WILL NOT DIRECTLY SUPPORT THE BIG SOUTH CONFERENCE, PERIOD!!" to turn your back on your own fellow hbcu's in order to support pwc's is an "insult" to all hbcu's...

Your literally boycotting the Big South  :lol: :lol:

The definition of a boycott is a decision to not use or buy products or services in order to show support for a cause. An example of a boycott is not buying paper products made with rainforest wood to protest deforestation. ... Boycott a business; boycott merchants; boycott buses; boycott an election.

:crazy: dude, how can you "boycott" something that you've never supported in the first place!!  hail, if that's the case (even though its not), then i'm boycotting hockey, wrestling, the republican party, criminals, hunters, wild animals, golf, tennis, and all people other than my "family".  :crazy:

besides, i didn't say i was "boycotting" anything.  that's what "YOU" said, not me.  and, the correct definition of "boycott" is to "withdraw" from commercial or social relations with (a country, organization, or person) as a punishment or protest.

how can you "withdraw" from something that you've never been a part of in the first place?   :crazy:

if anything, a&t is "boycotting" hbcu's because it is "withdrawing" its support from hbcu's and instead giving it to pwc's...

Man, you are point on.  :clap: :clap:

If WSSU was to join the Gulf South or Carolinas conferences I would never attend one of their games again. We would be sell outs to the believe of having something of our own. Something created by us because those other people wouldn't give us a chance. The idea of giving it to them would boil my blood.

I share similar sentiments.

These conferences were formed For US, By Us. We have accomplished so much with so little and it seems like a slap in the face to leave is for us to join something with less notoriety and prestige.

That was then.  Today none of the conferences are doing anything to excel.  Just look at the threads when we play a PWC. We hope to get a win or at least look decent.  When they play us they expect to win. 

A&T moved to a conference that in March Madness they won't be the 16th seed. If they are in the First Four it will be as an 11th seed not the 16th seed.

We started four conferences that was competitive.  Now our conferences are not. Our conferences are a joke. 

Those that say they aren't going to buy tickets to games against white schools aren't fans of their schools.  They are fans of the other schools.  I.e., if a D-1 HBCU played at Happy Valley do you think the stadium would be half full because they are playing an HBCU?  They are fans and will attend no matter the opponent.

it is dumb to think that “conference affiliation” has anything to do with the individual competitiveness of each member school.  if that were true, then please explain why a&t has beaten “elon” in football 3 games in a row when “elon” plays in arguably one of the top 2 fcs conferences (caa) in the country.

so what has the caa done for “elon” relative to playing an meac school (a&t) in football?  if what you say is true, then hampton and tennessee state should be kicking a--zz big time by now.  yet, neither of them have advanced their athletics more than a&t has.  heck, hampton even loss to doggone “d2” virginia union of the ciaa in football the last season hampton played (2019).  so how has the bsc helped hampton football?

conferences don’t determine how successful or competitive individual schools are.  “administrations” determine how successful and competitive individual schools are, not “conferences”. 

joining another conference in and of itself does absolutely “nothing” for the competiveness of each member school.  elon has been in the caa since 2014, a&t as members of the “meac” is 3-0 against elon since they joined the caa.  so if what you say is true, a&t would not be “undefeated” against elon since they joined the caa...