News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: PREDICTIONS - Chauvin  (Read 182 times)

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
PREDICTIONS - Chauvin
« on: April 20, 2021, 04:03:42 PM »
Verdict is in and will be announced soon.

My prediction:
Quick deliberations and quick verdict = GUILTY

Now, the question remains:
On all counts?

What say y'all?

O0

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Re: PREDICTIONS - Chauvin
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 04:46:44 PM »
Predicting a hung jury

Separately, imho, prosecutors and DA's have been hellbent on vindicating themselves post OJ when it comes to dirty cops on trial for crimes against blacks.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 04:49:22 PM »
^^^^

It can't be hung jury if they have a verdict. The terms verdict and hung jury are incompatible.

I'm goin going with at least two counts. Third degree murder and second degree manslaughter

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 04:51:22 PM »
Predicting a hung jury

Separately, imho, prosecutors and DA's have been hellbent on vindicating themselves post OJ when it comes to dirty cops on trial for crimes against blacks.

I think the jury deliberation went rather quickly for a case of this magnitude.
I hope the city and law enforcement are ready. 

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 17 Football Championships and Counting...
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 05:00:13 PM »
Verdict is in and will be announced soon.

My prediction:
Quick deliberations and quick verdict = GUILTY

Now, the question remains:
On all counts?

What say y'all?

O0

IT, Chauvin, Needs To Go To Jail for 30-40 years, that would be 10-15 years of jail time.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 06:36:57 PM by iceman4221 »
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others that it's Not...

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 05:06:22 PM »
Second-degree unintentional murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter.

I'll speculate that Chauvin will be acquitted on the Second degree unintentional charge, and convicted on the lesser charge. Too, remember the judge has the authority to set aside the jury verdict. From what I've read, it's very rare of that's happening in a criminal trial. But, I believe that the judge (appointed by former Republican Gov. Tim Pawlenty) tipped his hand (exposed his Trumpism) when he expressed his comments about politicos opining on the trial. IMHO, he should have remained silent and stayed focus on the trial before him.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 05:07:31 PM »
Count 1 Guilty
Count 2 Guilty
Count 3 Guilty

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 05:09:47 PM »
Guilty on all counts!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2021, 05:16:27 PM »
^^^^

It can't be hung jury if they have a verdict. The terms verdict and hung jury are incompatible.

I'm goin going with at least two counts. Third degree murder and second degree manslaughter

yep...sarcasm headline to get my thoughts in on OJ....

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2021, 05:30:04 PM »
I won't be jumping for joy until the cell door closes behind him in prison. That's when I will know that justice has been done.

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2021, 05:31:34 PM »
Count 1 Guilty
Count 2 Guilty
Count 3 Guilty

How much time can this add up to SoFloRattler???
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others that it's Not...

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2021, 05:49:13 PM »
Count 1 Guilty
Count 2 Guilty
Count 3 Guilty

I belive the number was 40yrs, but given that he has no prior criminal record, he may only get 12yrs.

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2021, 06:46:19 PM »
Count 1 Guilty
Count 2 Guilty
Count 3 Guilty

I believe the number was 40yrs, but given that he has no prior criminal record, he may only get 12yrs.

This really saddens me...  But its all we got - dayyum!!!  Can they take away his retirement?!?!?!

HOW WILL CHAUVIN BE SENTENCED?

Even though Derek Chauvin was found guilty on all of the charges, he will only be sentenced on the most serious: second-degree unintentional murder.

That charge carries a maximum sentence of 40 years.

But under Minnesota sentencing guidelines, for a person with no criminal history, the charge carries a presumptive sentence of 12 1/2 years in prison.

Prosecutors are seeking a sentence that goes above the guideline range. They cited several aggravating factors, including that Floyd was particularly vulnerable, that Chauvin was a uniformed police officer acting in a position of authority, and his alleged crime was witnessed by multiple children - including a 9-year-old girl who testified that watching the restraint made her "sad and kind of mad."

Chauvin has waived his right to have a jury decide if aggravating factors exist, so Judge Peter Cahill will make that decision and will sentence Chauvin at a later date. In Minnesota, defendants typically serve two-thirds of their penalty in prison, with the rest on parole.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2021, 02:28:36 AM »
Count 1 Guilty
Count 2 Guilty
Count 3 Guilty

I believe the number was 40yrs, but given that he has no prior criminal record, he may only get 12yrs.

This really saddens me...  But its all we got - dayyum!!!  Can they take away his retirement?!?!?!

HOW WILL CHAUVIN BE SENTENCED?

Even though Derek Chauvin was found guilty on all of the charges, he will only be sentenced on the most serious: second-degree unintentional murder.

That charge carries a maximum sentence of 40 years.

But under Minnesota sentencing guidelines, for a person with no criminal history, the charge carries a presumptive sentence of 12 1/2 years in prison.

Prosecutors are seeking a sentence that goes above the guideline range. They cited several aggravating factors, including that Floyd was particularly vulnerable, that Chauvin was a uniformed police officer acting in a position of authority, and his alleged crime was witnessed by multiple children - including a 9-year-old girl who testified that watching the restraint made her "sad and kind of mad."

Chauvin has waived his right to have a jury decide if aggravating factors exist, so Judge Peter Cahill will make that decision and will sentence Chauvin at a later date. In Minnesota, defendants typically serve two-thirds of their penalty in prison, with the rest on parole.

Being that this/these crime/s were committed under the color of law, he should lose everything associated with his employment.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule