News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: White "Fears" Motivated Insurrectionists on Jan 6th  (Read 123 times)

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
White "Fears" Motivated Insurrectionists on Jan 6th
« on: April 19, 2021, 06:56:25 PM »
Study Indicates the Jan. 6 Riots were Motivated by Racism and White Resentment, not 'Election Theft'

The first major comprehensive study of those arrested for participation in the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol strongly indicates that the true motivation of these rioters was not some quasi-patriotic reaction.

...the rioters were not all from “deep-red” counties or states: “Some 52 percent are from blue counties that Biden comfortably won.” But as his Post op-ed describing the research findings explains, a consistent majority of the insurrectionists lived in counties that had rapidly diversified in recent years. Pape uses Texas, home to many of the rioters, as an example:

"For example, Texas is the home of 36 of the 377 charged or arrested nationwide. The majority of the state’s alleged insurrectionists — 20 of 36 — live in six quickly diversifying blue counties such as Dallas and Harris (Houston). In fact, all 36 of Texas’s rioters come from just 17 counties, each of which lost White population over the past five years. Three of those arrested or charged hail from Collin County north of Dallas, which has lost White population at the very brisk rate of 4.3 percent since 2015."

The pattern described above also holds true with those arrested from the state of New York, and at a ratio that is mathematically implausible to attribute to mere chance. As Pape writes, “Put another way, the people alleged by authorities to have taken the law into their hands on Jan. 6 typically hail from places where non-White populations are growing fastest.”

https://portside.org/2021-04-17/study-indicates-jan-6-riots-were-motivated-racism-and-white-resentment-not-election

I admit I'm surprised that the data is so clear.

O0

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
Re: White "Fears" Motivated Insurrectionists on Jan 6th
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 08:20:51 AM »

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 09:41:16 AM »
Fear?

Didn’t some white dude tell them, “we have nothing to fear but deer itself”

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 11:44:39 AM »
Study Indicates the Jan. 6 Riots were Motivated by Racism and White Resentment, not 'Election Theft'

The first major comprehensive study of those arrested for participation in the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol strongly indicates that the true motivation of these rioters was not some quasi-patriotic reaction.

...the rioters were not all from “deep-red” counties or states: “Some 52 percent are from blue counties that Biden comfortably won.” But as his Post op-ed describing the research findings explains, a consistent majority of the insurrectionists lived in counties that had rapidly diversified in recent years. Pape uses Texas, home to many of the rioters, as an example:

"For example, Texas is the home of 36 of the 377 charged or arrested nationwide. The majority of the state’s alleged insurrectionists — 20 of 36 — live in six quickly diversifying blue counties such as Dallas and Harris (Houston). In fact, all 36 of Texas’s rioters come from just 17 counties, each of which lost White population over the past five years. Three of those arrested or charged hail from Collin County north of Dallas, which has lost White population at the very brisk rate of 4.3 percent since 2015."

The pattern described above also holds true with those arrested from the state of New York, and at a ratio that is mathematically implausible to attribute to mere chance. As Pape writes, “Put another way, the people alleged by authorities to have taken the law into their hands on Jan. 6 typically hail from places where non-White populations are growing fastest.”

https://portside.org/2021-04-17/study-indicates-jan-6-riots-were-motivated-racism-and-white-resentment-not-election

I admit I'm surprised that the data is so clear.

O0

Nonsense!

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 11:54:48 AM »
White folk really need help. They are fearful of anybody who isn't pale like them.

When you watch the movie Malcolm X and Denzel delivers that blistering opening about the white man, first I said uh oh, no Oscars for this movie, then I said 'what did he say that wasn't true'. 
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 11:55:45 AM »
White folk really need help. They are fearful of anybody who isn't pale like them.

When you watch the movie Malcolm X and Denzel delivers that blistering opening about the white man, first I said uh oh, no Oscars for this movie, then I said 'what did he say that wasn't true'.

Nonsense!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule