News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: White justice 04/19/21  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: White justice 04/19/21
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2021, 07:26:08 PM »
 :no: :no: :no:
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2021, 01:05:10 PM »
First US Capitol rioter convicted of a felony gets 8 months in prison after DOJ says stiffer sentence could stop future attacks

(CNN)A man who pleaded guilty to breaching the Senate chamber during the US Capitol insurrection was sentenced Monday to eight months in prison in a closely watched case that could influence how hundreds of other rioters charged with the same felony are punished.

Paul Hodgkins, a 38-year-old Floridian, is now the first Capitol rioter convicted of a felony to be sentenced. He pleaded guilty last month to obstructing congressional proceedings -- specifically, the counting of the electoral votes, which he helped delay on January 6. He spent about 15 minutes inside the Senate chamber, wearing a Donald Trump shirt and carrying a Trump flag.
The sentence is far less than the 1.5-year prison term that the Justice Department requested. At a hearing Monday, prosecutors argued that 1.5 years would deter future political violence and send a strong warning to "people who may be contemplating a second act" after January 6.
District Judge Randolph Moss departed from that recommendation. He said Hodgkins contributed to a grave offense against democracy but deserved some leniency because he pleaded guilty "exceptionally early," wasn't involved in violence and issued a "sincere" apology.
"Hodgkins was staking a claim on the floor of the United States Senate, not with the American flag but with a flag declaring his loyalty to a single individual over the entire nation," Moss said.
"When a mob is prepared to attack the Capitol to prevent elected officials from both parties from performing their constitutional and statutory duty, democracy is in trouble," Moss added.

Click Link @ top for the rest of the story

Hard - no, IMPOSSIBLE - to imagine how different the sentence would be if the convicted guy was a BLM activist,...

O0

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2021, 01:51:04 PM »
White woman assaults Black child... on video.
Weeks later,... arrested.

Tells Black mother who called the cops, they'll believe the white woman based "just on how we look."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-woman-charged-assault-trying-223644799.html

O0

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2021, 07:03:35 PM »
https://theblackwallsttimes.com/2021/08/12/driving-while-white-police-officer-declines-to-ticket-unlicensed-white-driver-who-hit-black-motorist/

Driving while White: Police officer declines to ticket unlicensed White driver who hit Black motorist

Many of us have heard the familiar phrase “driving while Black,” which refers to law-abiding Black motorists being unfairly treated or brutalized by law enforcement. Yet, rarely do we set our attention on the other side of the coin, the privileges that White motorists enjoy even when they break the law.

Enter Doris Atkins. The north Tulsa resident filed a complaint against officer J.J. Westfall of the Tulsa Police Department on June 16, 2021, outraged over the way the officer handled a traffic incident in which a White driver hit the back of Atkins’ car while having no valid driver’s license.

Body cam footage verifies complaint
The incident took place on June 11, 2021 in north Tulsa near the corner of Pine and MLK around 7:48 p.m. The Black Wall St. Times obtained a copy of the complaint. Nearly a month after we filed a Freedom of Information request, TPD eventually turned over body cam footage from officer J.J. Westfall at the scene.
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2021, 06:02:06 PM »
White Florida Man Wants to Use 'Stand Your Ground' Defense After Threatening Teens With Gun, Yelling Racial Slurs

https://news.yahoo.com/white-florida-man-wants-stand-180000389.html

O0

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2021, 07:57:01 AM »
So why aren't we reading that the gf is being prosecuted also?🤔

witnesses said the group was peacefully protesting and it was Bartlett and his girlfriend who responded with aggression.

???

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 17 Football Championships and Counting...
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2021, 12:51:49 AM »
Man gets 6 years in prison in Michigan governor kidnap plot
By DAVID EGGERT and ED WHITE

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) — A man upset over state-ordered coronavirus restrictions was sentenced to just over six years in prison Wednesday for planning to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, a significant break that reflected his quick decision to cooperate and help agents build cases against others.

Ty Garbin admitted his role in the alleged scheme weeks after his arrest last fall. He is among six men charged in federal court but the only one to plead guilty so far. It was a key victory for prosecutors as they try to prove an astonishing plot against the rest.

Garbin apologized to Whitmer, who was not in court, and her family.

“I cannot even begin to imagine the amount of stress and fear her family felt because of my actions. And for that I am truly sorry,” the 25-year-old aviation mechanic told the judge.

In his plea agreement, Garbin said the six men trained at his property near Luther, Michigan, constructing a “shoot house” to resemble Whitmer’s vacation home and “assaulting it with firearms.”

The government, noting Garbin’s exceptional cooperation, asked U.S. District Judge Robert Jonker to give him credit for helping investigators reinforce their case against his co-defendants.

The “Constitution is designed to ensure that we work out our fundamental and different views peacefully, not at the point of a gun, not with some other blunt force threat or a kidnapping conspiracy,” the judge said.

Prosecutors recommended a nine-year prison term. But Jonker went shorter, at 6 1/4 years, saying he was convinced that Garbin was an “excellent prospect” to stay out of trouble when released from prison.

The government and Garbin’s lawyers took turns praising his willingness to admit guilt even before investigators revealed all the evidence following his arrest.

Garbin “didn’t hold back,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Nils Kessler said. “He would come out and say, ‘We planned to do this and I was knowingly a part of it.’ He sat for hours answering all of our questions.”

Indeed, defense attorney Gary Springstead told the judge that Garbin “is going to be a star witness” against the others. He later told reporters that Garbin “can tell what was in his mind at the time, which is that this wasn’t some fanciful plot. This was real. And he can tell the government why he believes other people had the same intent that he did and show them where to look.”

“Ty Garbin testified in front of the grand jury in support of the indictment that got him indicted. He is truly, genuinely and sincerely sorry,” said Mark Satawa, another defense lawyer.

When the kidnapping case was filed in October, Whitmer, a Democrat, pinned some blame on then-President Donald Trump, saying his refusal to denounce far-right groups had inspired extremists across the U.S. It added even more heat to the final weeks of a tumultuous election season. Trump had earlier urged supporters to “LIBERATE” Michigan from stay-at-home mandates.

Whitmer wrote a victim impact statement to the judge, saying, “things will never be the same.”

“Threats continue,” she said in June. “I have looked out my windows and seen large groups of heavily armed people within 30 yards of my home. I have seen myself hung in effigy. Days ago at a demonstration there was a sign that called for ‘burning the witch.’”

Last year, Whitmer put major restrictions on personal movement and the economy because of COVID-19, although many limits have since been lifted. The Michigan Capitol was the site of rallies, including ones with gun-toting protesters calling for the governor’s removal.

Some of those accused in the plot, including defendants charged in state court, joined the protests. Prosecutors have said the ringleader initially talked of recruiting 200 men to storm the building, take hostages and “execute tyrants.”

“The plots and threats against me, no matter how disturbing, could not deter me from doing everything I could to save as many lives as possible by listening to medical and health experts,” Whitmer said. “To me it is very simple: this had to be the priority.”
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others that it's Not...

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2021, 03:04:40 AM »
7 Ohio prison employees removed after Black inmate's death

https://news.yahoo.com/7-ohio-prison-employees-removed-214933654.html

Brother loses his life; they lose their jobs.

Justice?

O0

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2021, 07:45:04 AM »
 :nono2: :no:

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2021, 09:43:06 AM »
Man gets 6 years in prison in Michigan governor kidnap plot
By DAVID EGGERT and ED WHITE

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) —

Prosecutors recommended a nine-year prison term. But Jonker went shorter, at 6 1/4 years, saying he was convinced that Garbin was an “excellent prospect” to stay out of trouble when released from prison.

::) ::) ::) ::)

Yeah. Ok.
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
1997, 1998, 1999 CIAA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2021, 02:30:31 AM »
Chicago Cop Assaults Black Woman Walking her Dog; Tries to Snatch Her Phone

https://news.yahoo.com/videos-capture-encounter-between-chicago-224700474.html

O0

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 17 Football Championships and Counting...
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2021, 05:22:37 AM »
College student who toted 'members only' sign in Capitol pleads guilty[/size]
By Hannah Rabinowitz

Updated 10:14 PM ET, Mon August 30, 2021]College student who toted 'members only' sign in Capitol pleads guilty
By Hannah Rabinowitz

Updated 10:14 PM ET, Mon August 30, 2021

(CNN)A former University of Kentucky senior caught on security footage lugging a congressional "members only" sign around the US Capitol pleaded guilty on Monday to a federal misdemeanor for her part in the January 6 riot.

Twenty-three-year-old Gracyn Courtright pleaded guilty to illegally entering and remaining in a restricted building or ground on January 6. As part of the deal, Courtright agreed to pay $500 in restitution for damage done to the Capitol during the riot. Prosecutors have cut similar deals with other defendants who were not violent or destructive inside the building.

Courtright is one of several rioters CNN has previously reported did not vote in the 2020 presidential election.

Prosecutors say she told an associate that "idk what treason is," and posted a mirror selfie on Instagram captioned, "Infamy is just as good as fame. Either way I end up more known. XOXO."

Courtright could face up to six months in prison, though it is likely she will be ordered to serve much less, or even no jail time, when she is sentenced in November. District Judge Christopher Cooper scheduled Courtright to be sentenced at an in-person hearing in DC but said that plan might change since Courtright and her family have not been vaccinated against Covid-19.

The plea comes as prosecutors have increased the pressure on Capitol riot defendants who bragged about their participation after the fact. Though defendants aren't required to apologize, federal prosecutors have cited defiant comments from some to argue in court that they should face harsher punishments.

As she prepared to enter her guilty plea during the virtual proceeding on Monday, Courtright started crying.
"I'm just -- I'm just shaking. I'm sorry," she told the judge.

Courtright said that shortly after January 6, she withdrew from the University of Kentucky, where she studied mathematical economics. In December, Courtright will face a board at the school that will decide if she can return to class.

The Justice Department has charged more than 590 people in the massive Capitol riot investigation. So far, 46 have pleaded guilty.
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others that it's Not...

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2021, 08:16:13 PM »
WHERE ARE THE FELONY MURDER CHARGES!!??!!!

O0

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule