News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Eddie George to Tennessee State  (Read 1959 times)

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
Re: Eddie George to Tennessee State
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2021, 06:06:18 PM »
Again, whether Morehouse or anyone else has a "powerhouse program" is irrelevant. What is relevant to the discussion is how much these departments are working with the athletic departments. What I will tell you that it is VERY rare at ALL colleges, not just HBCUs...........and there are a myriad of reasons why.

Now you get the picture, which is enough said.  But prior to you joining the discussion in this thread, show me where I said kinesology or exercise science weren't relevant or didn't exist at HBCUs, which is every post I made prior to your first post.

Also, Power-5 schools have dedicated programs just for their athletic programs, such as health and nutrition, which is a big deal at schools like LSU when its academic programs don't measure up to its athletic programs.

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/lsu-student-library-photo-football-facility

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/LSU-Tigers-football-sports-student-athletes-new-Athletics-Nutrition-Center-reveal-photos-video-133830332/

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_fc64040f-3d40-5dc2-8ba0-86ff30d7677a.html

https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/22/lsu-locker-room-library-tweet/

Again, you reveal your lack of knowledge here. LSU and other universities are not creating these centers for nutrition, rehab, and training because their academic programs don't "measure up". That's an observation from someone who doesn't understand the relationships between Kinesiology departments and athletic programs at universities in general. They create them because they DON'T want those departments to be involved.......................and there's a story behind that. Even at the university that I'm a professor at, there is this same kind of dynamic being played out.............and we actually have BETTER strength and conditioning facilities than the athletic department.

It's clear that you're STILL not looking at the quotes that you made earlier. I have no idea if you said exercise science / kinesiology didn't exist or weren't relevant. However, your quotes certainly reflected a lack of knowledge when you continued to indicate that exercise science needs help from other sciences. They don't.................and you've yet to show WHY they would. We've already touched on the fact that SOME HBCUs may have departments without biomechanics, but you kept insisting that people in that discipline don't understand the physics of human movement, which makes no sense because it's what they do. Biomechanics by definition is a form of applied physics.

But since you are clear that you made an assumption early on, you can go ahead and let go of that earlier notion.  ;)
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2021, 06:58:23 PM »
Again, whether Morehouse or anyone else has a "powerhouse program" is irrelevant. What is relevant to the discussion is how much these departments are working with the athletic departments. What I will tell you that it is VERY rare at ALL colleges, not just HBCUs...........and there are a myriad of reasons why.

Now you get the picture, which is enough said.  But prior to you joining the discussion in this thread, show me where I said kinesology or exercise science weren't relevant or didn't exist at HBCUs, which is every post I made prior to your first post.

Also, Power-5 schools have dedicated programs just for their athletic programs, such as health and nutrition, which is a big deal at schools like LSU when its academic programs don't measure up to its athletic programs.

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/lsu-student-library-photo-football-facility

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/LSU-Tigers-football-sports-student-athletes-new-Athletics-Nutrition-Center-reveal-photos-video-133830332/

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_fc64040f-3d40-5dc2-8ba0-86ff30d7677a.html

https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/22/lsu-locker-room-library-tweet/

Again, you reveal your lack of knowledge here. LSU and other universities are not creating these centers for nutrition, rehab, and training because their academic programs don't "measure up". That's an observation from someone who doesn't understand the relationships between Kinesiology departments and athletic programs at universities in general. They create them because they DON'T want those departments to be involved.......................and there's a story behind that. Even at the university that I'm a professor at, there is this same kind of dynamic being played out.............and we actually have BETTER strength and conditioning facilities than the athletic department.

It's clear that you're STILL not looking at the quotes that you made earlier. I have no idea if you said exercise science / kinesiology didn't exist or weren't relevant. However, your quotes certainly reflected a lack of knowledge when you continued to indicate that exercise science needs help from other sciences. They don't.................and you've yet to show WHY they would. We've already touched on the fact that SOME HBCUs may have departments without biomechanics, but you kept insisting that people in that discipline don't understand the physics of human movement, which makes no sense because it's what they do. Biomechanics by definition is a form of applied physics.

But since you are clear that you made an assumption early on, you can go ahead and let go of that earlier notion.  ;)

Whatever dude.  I see you are just here to argue. I bet you are the type person who would argue with a stop sign. Being that you might be from the St. Landry Parish area, I understand.  I thought Elbert was enough.

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2021, 08:18:05 PM »
.................and I see that you are the person that when shown they're wrong, figures if he digs his heels in, folks will let it slide. Neil Degrasse Tyson describes your type in his master class (below)......
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 10:07:57 PM by Ivan »

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2021, 01:47:54 AM »
And when you tried to say torque is not equal to force times distance, I should have ignored you then.

"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt"
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 01:49:34 AM by JAG89 »

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2021, 03:41:05 AM »
College Football World Reacts To Jeff Fisher News

https://thespun.com/college-football/college-football-world-reacts-to-jeff-fisher-news

After several years out of the NFL, former head coach Jeff Fisher is back in the football world, this time with the Tennessee State Tigers.

Fisher has been hired to serve in an advisory role to help with staff hirings at the FCS program. The move brings him back to Nashville, the city where he led the Tennessee Titans for 14 of his 17 years with the organization.

It also reunites Fisher with former Titans running back Eddie George, who was hired as head coach of the Tigers despite having no prior coaching experience. George was one of the engines behind Fisher’s best years with the Titans, rushing for over 10,000 yards and 64 touchdowns in his first eight seasons.

Fisher has already gotten to work on bringing some familiar faces to Tennessee State. His son, Brandon Fisher, is reportedly already on board as defensive coordinator.

The reaction to Fisher’s hiring has been mixed. While most people are critical of Fisher as a coach, many people seem to respect Eddie George reaching into the NFL ranks to build his staff.

But the overwhelming majority of responses are 7-9 jokes – the NFL regular season record Fisher is infamous for attaining in three of his five seasons with the Rams before his firing in 2016.

Tennessee State have not had a winning season in several years. Perhaps the all-star staff Eddie George is trying to assemble can fix that.

Do you approve of Eddie George and Tennessee State bringing Jeff Fisher on board?

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2021, 07:41:06 PM »
And when you tried to say torque is not equal to force times distance, I should have ignored you then.

"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt"

By the same token I should've known you really didn't know what you were talking about when you made this statement.........

I doubt kinesiology or P.E. deals with mathematic calculation of motion or Newton's three laws of motion.

I tried to help you understand the discipline, but as Degrasse-Tyson stated, when someone thinks they have a little knowledge about a subject, they can't tell when they actually don't know what they're talking about. So, I'll let you wallow in ignorance if that is your wish............................................................ :tiptoe:

In the future, don't embarrass yourself like this. ::)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 07:43:13 PM by Ivan »

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2021, 12:58:14 AM »

Online bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2021, 07:52:07 AM »
Will you two JAGS stop
BCFNC:1948,49,50,54,60,75,93,95,97,98,03
SWAC Champs: 1937,38,40,46,47,48,49,50,55,59,60,66,75,93,97,98,99,03,13
Bowl Appearances:11 record 8-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2021, 10:54:42 AM »

Exactly. I realized that way back. That's why I tried to help you out. But since you dug in your heels on information you know little about, I see that you're here and it's useless to give you good information. But.................................................

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2021, 12:51:49 PM »

Online Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2021, 06:48:54 PM »
400k a year to a coach with no previous HC Experience. With a benefit package that can get him another 100k

Wow TSU just WOW

Hope it pays off for TSU

Online bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2021, 06:50:21 PM »
400k a year to a coach with no previous HC Experience. With a benefit package that can get him another 100k

Wow TSU just WOW

Hope it pays off for TSU
I don't won't to hear about TNSU having to pay too much to leave the OVC ever again.
BCFNC:1948,49,50,54,60,75,93,95,97,98,03
SWAC Champs: 1937,38,40,46,47,48,49,50,55,59,60,66,75,93,97,98,99,03,13
Bowl Appearances:11 record 8-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2021, 08:32:07 PM »

Wow TSU just WOW

Hope it pays off for TSU

That's a lot of fish plates.

that's all...  :shrug:

Online DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2021, 09:27:31 PM »

Wow TSU just WOW

Hope it pays off for TSU

That's a lot of fish plates.

that's all...  :shrug:

I guarantee TSU will make millions off of the interest and season ticket sales.  Their enrollment, which is abysmal, will also increase.

The Nashville Tigers will win with this staff but the national attention they are receiving and increased interest among locals and alumni are priceless.

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2021, 02:51:17 AM »
Folks say anything to justify their pie in the sky pipe dream decisions with their craps table bets.  The way I see it, being from Ohio State and having a successful career in the NFL, Eddie George is part of the house and Tennessee State is the one making the risky wager.  Like they say, "the odds always favor the house", unless Tennessee State has figured out how to beat the house like the MIT students did with their sophisticated statistical math calculations.  Once that happens, I'm sure the house/(the NCAA and Power 5 conferences) will change the rules.

https://nypost.com/2014/06/27/the-odds-favor-the-house/
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 03:07:54 AM by JAG89 »