News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: I'm Also Very Proud That My Wife Is White': Folks Confused UNC's black coach  (Read 280 times)

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Ok I'm I the only one confused here?  :crazy:

'I'm Also Very Proud That My Wife Is White': Folks Confused After UNC's First Black Head Coach Makes Odd Remark During Presser

https://blavity.com/im-also-very-proud-that-my-wife-is-white-folks-confused-after-uncs-first-black-coach-makes-odd-remark-during-presser?fbclid=IwAR1gYrY-CjPJp537cvS0bzItxhm5BQbBh9ElaXpjFmXbYIsRDM2CKV3Tyuw&category1=news
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
 ::) WGAS that your wife is clear.

Online TSU/BAMA

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I am wondering if there is more to this story,  and that is the reason why he brought this up. But anyway, whatever.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Watch your back!
    • View Profile
A reporter asked Davis whether it was significant that he would become one of the few Black coaches of any sport at the school or more generally in college basketball. He spoke about the significance of his hiring but also mentioned the race of his wife Leslie and three children - Elijah, Bobbie Grace and Micah.

"It's significant that I'm African-American and I'm the head coach here. It's significant. I know that in terms of Division I head coaches all around the country only 26% of the head coaches for Division I men's basketball are composed of minorities, specifically African-Americans," he said.

"I know that it is significant that I'm the fourth African-American head coach in any sport in the history of the University of North Carolina. I'm very proud to be African-American. But I'm also very proud that my wife is white, and I'm very proud that my three beautiful, unbelievable kids are a combination of both of us,” he added.

:shrug: I have nothing....moving right along. ::)

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I actually understand what he was attempting to do. Also understand why this type of 'threading the needle' does not go over well with African Americans.  At the end of the day, this is about him, his wife, and his children. In his eyes, this is not about pledging allegiance to any particular community. But again I get why marginalized communities expect some type of acknowledgement from one of it members.  i wish him much success at Carolina, he is going to need as much as he can get.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile

How old is his daughter?

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
???^^^Answer to Neymar's query:  Not old enough for you to be asking that question.

Moving along...........

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
???^^^Answer to Neymar's query:  Not old enough for you to be asking that question.

Moving along...........

:lol: :lol: :lol: dirty mind. I wasnt implying that at all.

I asked because shes almost as tall as her NBA player dad.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
^^^ ::).......yeah, whatever, dude.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile

Believe me if it was sexual I would have been very direct....you know me  :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Lynchburg?

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Believe me if it was sexual I would have been very direct....you know me  :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Yeah we do, you looked up the family portrait to see how hot his white wife is. Hope you learned your lesson on this one, now that your corneas have been officially burned out.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile

Yeah we do, you looked up the family portrait to see how hot his white wife is. Hope you learned your lesson on this one, now that your corneas have been officially burned out.

Dude I could get a white chick hotter than that and I am a programmer nerd at Google, not a college star/NBA player like he was. :shrug:

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile

Dude I could get a white chick hotter than that and I am a programmer nerd at Google, not a college star/NBA player like he was. :shrug:

:lmao:

Revisionist statement if there ever was one.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule