News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Hubert Davis!!! UNC Coach!  (Read 891 times)

Online eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Hubert Davis!!! UNC Coach!
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2021, 06:29:02 PM »
Imagine what the other side is thinking and saying.  :tiptoe:
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2021, 07:41:45 PM »
He clearly isn't comfortable in front of the cameras

hubert davis played in the nba for 12 years and was a full time espn basketball analyst for 4 years.  so i wouldn't quite say that he's not comfortable being in front of cameras, he has "decades" of experience being in front of the cameras...

And still don’t know the number 1 rule of media. I said what I said.

i don’t see what the big deal is, so what he mentioned that his wife is white?  whether he volunteered the information or not, he’s only speaking the truth.

you mofo’s just can’t be satisfied.  if he never mentioned his wife was white, you same mofo’s would be saying he’s trying to “hide” the fact that she’s white.  then when he does say that his wife is white, you same mofo’s act like he cussed out yo momma or somethin’.  dayum if you do, dayum if you don't!

to each his own.  i see no harm in him mentioning that his wife is white, may as well get that out of the way since he's now gonna be in front of the national spotlight for many years to come...
You are missing the main point. Nobody gives a damn if he got a white wife or not! The reporter didn't ask him about his wife. The reporter asks, "How does it feel being the first black head coach at the University of North Carolina?" He brought his wife and kids up so he wouldn't sound so pro-black.

Online DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2021, 08:04:07 PM »
:no:

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2021, 08:07:17 PM »

hubert davis played in the nba for 12 years and was a full time espn basketball analyst for 4 years.  so i wouldn't quite say that he's not comfortable being in front of cameras, he has "decades" of experience being in front of the cameras...

i don’t see what the big deal is, so what he mentioned that his wife is white?  whether he volunteered the information or not, he’s only speaking the truth.

you mofo’s just can’t be satisfied.  if he never mentioned his wife was white, you same mofo’s would be saying he’s trying to “hide” the fact that she’s white.  then when he does say that his wife is white, you same mofo’s act like he cussed out yo momma or somethin’.  dayum if you do, dayum if you don't!

to each his own.  i see no harm in him mentioning that his wife is white, may as well get that out of the way since he's now gonna be in front of the national spotlight for many years to come...
You are missing the main point. Nobody gives a damn if he got a white wife or not! The reporter didn't ask him about his wife. The reporter asks, "How does it feel being the first black head coach at the University of North Carolina?" He brought his wife and kids up so he wouldn't sound so pro-black.

:clap: Thank you. That sums it up for all of us.
"I do not follow trails of candy. I am the candy

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2021, 08:19:14 PM »
Did this old nigga really just say he was proud of having a white wife? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Before Hubert, there was YOU.
Surly the pot call in’.......

Nobody has forgotten your love affair posting the lighter shade of humans
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2021, 11:44:22 PM »
I'm surprised but hope he is successful..

Hey GK,

Do you recall our conversation about this a few years back, re: what would have to happen for UNC to hire a Black guy for basketball coach.  Though times have changed on one hand, what I said then appears to have happened. :D

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2021, 06:11:50 AM »

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2021, 06:41:33 AM »
You touched by this huh? You must have one at home too?  :lmao:

"Bulldog for Life"

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2021, 08:01:33 AM »
I literally flinched.  That hard left was extremely hard and extremely left.

So he’s proud of his clear wife :shrug:  But what does that have to do with him being head coach at UNC? Some things need to be left alone.

He clearly isn't comfortable in front of the cameras and don't know the rules of a conversation. If they don't ask. don't provide.

And what's crazy is that was rehearsed. That question came from the school. Before the press conference he did an interview and said the exact thing verbatim.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2021, 08:04:41 AM »

What does his wife have to do with him being the 1st Black Basketball Coach at UNC?

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2021, 08:20:29 AM »

:lol:  I wish the brother well. But he open himself for  these jokes. 
"I do not follow trails of candy. I am the candy

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2021, 09:38:49 AM »

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2021, 09:45:34 AM »
Did this old nigga really just say he was proud of having a white wife? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I posted women that look like his daughter, not that thing he calls a wife. :no: :no: :no:

An NBA player shouldnt be proud of getting a white woman that plain.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline Bearforlife

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2021, 10:55:20 AM »

I posted women that look like his daughter, not that thing he calls a wife. :no: :no: :no:

He and his wife match. And he should be proud of his wife. He should not be proud of pulling this out of the air and not answering the question he was asked.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2021, 11:02:31 AM »

He and his wife match. And he should be proud of his wife. He should not be proud of pulling this out of the air and not answering the question he was asked.

He was a college star and an NBA player for over a decade. He could, and should, have done much better than her.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule