News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Louisiana woman refuses to return $1.2M accidentally deposited in bank account,  (Read 163 times)

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
She went and got her a house and a new car. She had to know they were going to get that money.

Louisiana woman refuses to return $1.2M accidentally deposited in bank account, gets arrested

https://www.al.com/news/2021/04/louisiana-woman-refuses-to-return-12m-accidentally-deposited-in-bank-account-gets-arrested.html
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
LOL....WTF....this ain’t Monopoly....ain’t no damn Bank Error In Your Favor card.....

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
Sis, went on a spending spree :lol:
"I do not follow trails of candy. I am the candy

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile

Sis should have thrown that mug in a 3 or 6 month CD & got herself about 3-4%’interest. Or at a minimum into a money market account.

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
"The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically.  Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education."

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

~Martin Luther King,

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Sis should have thrown that mug in a 3 or 6 month CD & got herself about 3-4%’interest. Or at a minimum into a money market account.

That is what I am thinking. If she would have done that she might have been able to negotiate with the company to keep the interest and prevented the arrest. Most banks would want this resolved without the press. It really is a bad look for them. It shows they are making mistakes with customer's money, and if it can happen on this large scale, it can happen with small amounts.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Yep a 6 month would have bought her time to make money, give them their money back, keep her job and get her a used car and down payment on the house. Instead she tried to win it all and got screwed.  :snicker
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Well JT, after seeing the photo, homegirl did right. Look at her, she ain't never had two nickels. Enjoy your new house and Subaru babygirl. And when you go to court, beg for mercy from the judge by say, "Your honor, I had to fight all my life..." 

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
LOL....WTF....this ain’t Monopoly....ain’t no damn Bank Error In Your Favor card.....
:lol:.........it’s been a minute since I played the game, but are you telling me that if Bank of America dropped a piece of “change” in my account similarly to what happened to old girl, Mrs. Strike and I can’t start planning that around the world cruise?  ;D

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
:lol:.........it’s been a minute since I played the game, but are you telling me that if Bank of America dropped a piece of “change” in my account similarly to what happened to old girl, Mrs. Strike and I can’t start planning that around the world cruise?  ;D

You really don't know that game. There is a big ol' jail block on the board.  :nod:

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

You really don't know that game. There is a big ol' jail block on the board.  :nod:
:lol:..........yep, forgot about that part. And have actually had to use my “get out of jail free” card on occasion. I guess it doesn’t work that way AWAY from the Monopoly board.   ;D