News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Rutgers University Will Require Students to Get Vaccine to Enroll in the Fall  (Read 1402 times)

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

HBCUs provide a culturally affirming college experience.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
 :clap: :clap:..................Awesome!

I hope the bosses at my alma mater and other yards follow suit. It’s long since time to stop bullshyttin with this virus.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Lawsuit coming. You can't infringe on people rights. If someone doesn't want to take how can you make them?
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • Tell em don’t play w me IM NOT THEM AND WILL NEVER
    • View Profile
^^^This is true. However, my daughter 2nd vaccine will be April 14th and she will have her black a-- back on campus in the Fall.
Not saying I’m Flawless. But I dam sure don’t tarnish.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
???^^^uhhh, cee dog, forgive me, but what right is being infringed upon? The “right” to walk around INFECTING people with a deadly virus. Government has the right to implement all types of EXTRAORDINARY measures in the interest of public safety.

In this instance, Rutgers is a public university. I’m fairly certain that the submission of proof of vaccination as a requirement for admission will pass constitutional muster. Folks residing in this country live in a “constitutional republic”. This ain’t early 19th century America in the Wild West where anything goes.   :shrug:

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
What you are suggesting is no different from what the folks in the other party suggest. It will never become law. You can't make a person put something in their bodies they don't agree with. That is called communism. People have a right not to take a shot they don't feel is safe for them. Just like people have a right to take the shot. We gotta get out of the thought that just because I like it that means you have to like it. America is a free country. Which means if I support your right to take the shot you should support mines not to take it. If the democratic party supports this they will be destroyed in the next election.

???^^^uhhh, cee dog, forgive me, but what right is being infringed upon? The “right” to walk around INFECTING people with a deadly virus. Government has the right to implement all types of EXTRAORDINARY measures in the interest of public safety.

In this instance, Rutgers is a public university. I’m fairly certain that the submission of proof of vaccination as a requirement for admission will pass constitutional muster. Folks residing in this country live in a “constitutional republic”. This ain’t early 19th century America in the Wild West where anything goes.   :shrug:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 02:13:51 PM by cee dog »
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
*sigh*........ :no:

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
People can transfer to another school.

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Funny white folks say the same thing when black people move in their neighborhoods. They can always find some where else to live.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 02:43:15 PM by cee dog »
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile

This^^^ :nod:

Teeny and Little

Offline Mosadi

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
Universities routinely require first-year students to have an up-to-date shot record either to complete enrollment or to live on campus.

Legal problems may arise from the type of authorization for the COVID-19 vaccines.  They were approved with an emergency use authorization rather than the standard authorization (which takes longer).  That's why military personnel are currently permitted to skip the COVID-19 vaccines, but cannot skip standard authorized vaccines.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
American people have become sheep. Either you are far left or far right. Folks can't accept other people views any more. If you don't see it my way I'll just take my ball and go home. You have a right to take the shot. Others have a right not to take it. This is no different than what the idiots in Georgia legislative body just did. They lost the election so now they want to change the process. Where does it end?
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
American people have become sheep. Either you are far left or far right. Folks can't accept other people views any more. If you don't see it my way I'll just take my ball and go home. You have a right to take the shot. Others have a right not to take it. This is no different than what the idiots in Georgia legislative body just did. They lost the election so now they want to change the process. Where does it end?

So, what do you suggest? Everyone has choices to do what's best for themselves.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 03:05:55 PM by klg14 »

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Not making people take a shot they don't agree with, and letting people who would like to have the shot take it. Isn't that the fair thing to do? Strike pointed out that Rutgers is a public university. Well folks who believe in taking the shot paid taxes to support the school. Folks who don't want to take the shot also paid taxes.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 03:12:31 PM by cee dog »
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Not making people take a shot they don't agree with, and letting people who would like to have the shot take it. Isn't that the fair thing to do?

Fair!!! Let me stop. We're not going to agree on this.  :no:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule