News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Rutgers University Will Require Students to Get Vaccine to Enroll in the Fall  (Read 1505 times)

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
An that's the beauty of living in a democracy. I respect your opinion. I'm definitely not saying you are wrong. I'm not saying that I'm correct either. I am just saying that folks have a right to their opinion and it should be respected. We've gotten away from that.

Not making people take a shot they don't agree with, and letting people who would like to have the shot take it. Isn't that the fair thing to do?

American people have become sheep. Either you are far left or far right. Folks can't accept other people views any more. If you don't see it my way I'll just take my ball and go home. You have a right to take the shot. Others have a right not to take it. This is no different than what the idiots in Georgia legislative body just did. They lost the election so now they want to change the process. Where does it end?

So, what do you suggest? Everyone has choices to do what's best for themselves.

Fair!!! Let me stop. We're not going to agree on this.  :no:
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
The bottomline- I don't have to allow you to come up in my house if you refuse to wash your funky behind. :nono2: Same principle apply.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
The bottomline- I don't have to allow you to come up in my house if you refuse to wash your funky behind. :nono2: Same principle apply.

:nod:

You can't make someone take a shot, but you can stop them from enrolling if that is your policy. School systems have been doing that for decades. Let little puppy cee dog go rolling up to school on the first day without his shots and see what happens? He is going to get sent back to the kennel.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
^^^ People conveniently forget that it was a requirement for you as a child to have certain vaccinations before you were allowed to enroll in school. No one complained about rights being violated then.  :shrug:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
^^^ People conveniently forget that it was a requirement for you as a child to have certain vaccinations before you were allowed to enroll in school. No one complained about rights being violated then.  :shrug:

whew!  I remember.  Them needles HURT back then.  Was it the gauge of the needle or my puny little arm?   :tongue2: :lol:
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit

whew!  I remember.  Them needles HURT back then.  Was it the gauge of the needle or my puny little arm?   :tongue2: :lol:

And I believe it was the polio shot that left a huge scab on your arm you can see until this day.

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile

Teeny and Little

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Sorry this will not happen. Can't have it both ways. No one can make you take a shot. Get over it. This ain't the good ole days.
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Good thing we don't have a majority liberal supreme court on this one. I'll gladly support Mitch McConnell on this one.

:nod:

You can't make someone take a shot, but you can stop them from enrolling if that is your policy. School systems have been doing that for decades. Let little puppy cee dog go rolling up to school on the first day without his shots and see what happens? He is going to get sent back to the kennel.
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Who took a polo shot? Was that during the Tuskegee experiment days. No one I know took a polo shot. Also as a kid we took those shots because we didn't know any better. College is dealing with grown people with their own views. It will not happen. Can't wait for the lawsuits to start. Oh by the way one of my boys wife teaches at Rutgers. The lawyers on getting ready to get at it.....  You take that poison. Don't get mad because others don't want it. It's your right to take it. Let others have their rights.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 03:42:56 PM by cee dog »
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
If you want to live on campus; unless you can get a waiver on religious or deep philosophical grounds; you have to be vaccinated.  Jobs can require you to get vaccinated as well.

If you're one of the students granted a waiver than most schools can have you expelled from on-campus housing or forcibly quarantined; if an outbreak occurs.  They have the same policies in place for other viral diseases.  I remember having to get my shot record updated before beginning at NCCU and again before being able to enroll in graduate school.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Covid is not like other vaccines. Maybe years from now,but not with this unproven stuff out there. This is still a experimental drug. It will not happen. Even the military is not requiring at this moment. Don't worry let Joe, Chuck and Nancy ride with this. 2022 will be a blood bath.
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I don't get it. Why are both sides arguing over this. Have we really gotten away from being moderate? If you want to take the shot no one should be mad at you. If you don't want to take the shot no one should be mad at you. What's new? Every few years something comes along and folks have to make the decision what's best for them. Why are folks on either side mad at the other?
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline stephen

• Veteran
    • View Profile
I am on the liberal side PERSONALLY, but I do see some challenges with state-supported institutions implementing such a policy.  They may overcome it, but I would not be surprised if there were a political dust-up of some kind. 

Private schools, have at it with little to no challenge.

As far as me and mine are concerned, my financial support comes with a vaccine requirement. I also support that vaccine passport idea. I'm not mad at the person who chooses not to vaccinate, though.  Just SMH...

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
I'm not mad at the person who don't take the vaccine, either. But I'm a diabetic with high blood pressure. If I catch covid-19, it just might take me out. So, I got my Pfizer vaccines, boffuvem, and other than a sore, tender arm, I'm as good as new.
That's an interesting concept Rutgers is implementing,,,,,,
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule