News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Manchin insists he won't vote 'down the line' on COVID relief unless bill 'makes  (Read 31 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Read more

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., defended his vote to advance a Democratic budget resolution Tuesday that would lay the groundwork for President Biden’s $1.9T COVID relief package in the Senate, but maintained that he would not support the final legislation unless Congress could make it "work in a bipartisan way."

Manchin, a moderate with a reputation for working across party lines, is believed to be the key vote who could advance or block his colleagues' attempts to pass the Biden proposal via budget reconciliation. With the Senate split 50-50, Democrats have little margin for error.

"What I have told everybody, I made it very clear, from the President of the United States to all of my colleagues, we're gonna make this work in a bipartisan way," Manchin told "Special Report" host Bret Baier.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
His governor supports the bill. It will pass.
"Bulldog for Life"

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule