News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Did Deion and Jackson State get robbed again during the game....  (Read 1898 times)

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Did Deion and Jackson State get robbed again during the game....
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2021, 01:30:14 PM »
Man, they are rolling the B roll on ESPN just now. Now, you have ESPN First Take speaking on this.

that's all...   :shrug:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 01:33:24 PM by thatd@mnYOGI »

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2021, 01:46:27 PM »
This is public relations disaster. I wish he would have handled it differently but I can't stand a stealing mofo.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2021, 02:00:50 PM »
Stephen A. Smith stated he wished Sanders had handled the stolen items differently. 

IMHO, His rants on national television are casting a negative light on Jackson State specifically and HBCUs in general.  He is not taking us to another level he is digging a deeper hole for us.  We all know that what he said is true but how it's handled will lift us. :shrug:  When I asked the question in another thread about "If his interview was smart" I was accused by a dullard from Howard of being "small-minded", having a "slave mindset", and "getting in the way of another brotha who is helping our people."  He (Deion) is not familiar with the HBCU experience and difficulties therein. Buying a degree from Talledega will not change that.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 02:02:38 PM by Que82 »
AAMU SIAC Championships 7, SWAC Championships 2 NCAA DII National Championships Men's Soccer '77 & '79, Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU National Championship 1  Black National Swimming and Diving Championships 82-87

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr.SIAC/Mr.SWAC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2021, 02:16:50 PM »
Let's not forget this happen a year ago.

Jackson State University president resigns following arrest in prostitution sting
William Bynum Jr. tendered his resignation on Monday, following his arrest.

ByMorgan Winsor
February 13, 2020, 9:19 AM
• 4 min read

Jackson State University president resigns after arrest in prostitution sting

William Bynum Jr., 57, is charged with procuring the services of a prostitute, false statement of id...Read More
The president of Jackson State University resigned following his arrest in a prostitution sting at a Mississippi hotel.

William Bynum Jr., 57, of Jackson, Mississippi, was arrested over the weekend and charged with procuring services of a prostitute, false statement of identity and simple possession of marijuana. He was among 17 people busted in a two-day undercover operation by the Clinton Police Department.

Recent Stories from ABC News

MORE: Prostitution coming under scrutiny in red-light capital of the world
Detectives made contact with the alleged offenders online through "dark web" sites, where services and a meeting place at a local hotel were agreed upon, police said. The suspects were taken into custody on a total of eight felony charges at the hotel in the town of Clinton, about 8 miles from Jackson.

PHOTO: A booking of William Bynum Jr. is seen here.
Clinton Police Department via AP
Clinton Police Department via AP
A booking of William Bynum Jr. is seen here.
Detectives "did not identify any patterns or activity to suggest that prostitution or human trafficking is prevalent in Clinton," police said.

Another Jackson State University employee was also arrested in the sting.

Shonda McCarthy, 46, of Jackson, Mississippi, was charged with procuring services of a prostitute and possession of marijuana while operating a motor vehicle, according to police. At the time of her arrest, she was the director of the JSU Art Galleries, according to a biography on the school's website.

"Dr. Shonda McCarthy is no longer employed with the university," a Jackson State University spokesperson told ABC News in an email Wednesday. "We have no further comment on personnel matters."

ABC News has reached out to both McCarthy and Bynum for comment.

MORE: Sisters dead in 'targeted, isolated' shooting at college dorm
Bynum, a married father of six who was named president of Jackson State University in May 2017, tendered his resignation to the Mississippi Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning on Monday, effective immediately. Board members held a "special emergency meeting" that afternoon where they named Thomas Hudson as acting president of Jackson State University, according to a statement.

The board said it "will discuss the future leadership of Jackson State at its regular board meeting next week."

Bynum was released on a $3,000 bond early Sunday morning, police said. He is due to appear in Clinton Municipal Court for his arraignment on March 11.
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2021, 02:18:28 PM »
Stephen A. Smith stated he wished Sanders had handled the stolen items differently. 

IMHO, His rants on national television are casting a negative light on Jackson State specifically and HBCUs in general.  He is not taking us to another level he is digging a deeper hole for us.  We all know that what he said is true but how it's handled will lift us. :shrug:  When I asked the question in another thread about "If his interview was smart" I was accused by a dullard from Howard of being "small-minded", having a "slave mindset", and "getting in the way of another brotha who is helping our people."  He (Deion) is not familiar with the HBCU experience and difficulties therein. Buying a degree from Talledega will not change that.

Preach Bruh. :clap:

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2021, 03:34:33 PM »

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2021, 03:49:46 PM »
Deion handle that poorly. I know good and darn well he experience  theft at Florida state  In some form or fashion.  Anybody that says otherwise is a lie. Hell he probably experienced it while being a pro. Just like he protect those organizations and the others companies brands that pay him.  He's obligated to do the same for JSU. $300K is a hell of a lot of money for a coach with no experience. Jemele Hill was spot on.  He failed his first test in leadership "BIG TIME"

Just my two cents

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2021, 04:30:22 PM »
Deion handle that poorly. I know good and darn well he experience  theft at Florida state  In some form or fashion.  Anybody that says otherwise is a lie. Hell he probably experienced it while being a pro. Just like he protect those organizations and the others companies brands that pay him.  He's obligated to do the same for JSU. $300K is a hell of a lot of money for a coach with no experience. Jemele Hill was spot on.  He failed his first test in leadership "BIG TIME"

Just my two cents

:clap: :clap:

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2021, 05:14:53 PM »
I guess my urban mentality is rearing its head but you ALWAYS secure your property - home or away!  :shrug:

Teeny and Little

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2021, 05:39:17 PM »

Just my two cents

That was more than two cents homie.  :clap:

Offline AimHigh

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2021, 07:21:03 PM »
I am all for what Deion is doing in Jackson State and for HBCUs but he did not handle this well. He let his emotions beat him in overtime on this one. A big task of changing the status quo will meet big challenges (and diversions, some maybe even purposeful to keep Black folk down - ainte nothing new). Keep your eyes on the big picture Prime!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 07:41:58 PM by AimHigh »

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2021, 08:11:45 PM »
I am all for what Deion is doing in Jackson State and for HBCUs but he did not handle this well. He let his emotions beat him in overtime on this one. A big task of changing the status quo will meet big challenges (and diversions, some maybe even purposeful to keep Black folk down - ainte nothing new). Keep your eyes on the big picture Prime!

:nod:

It doesn't take much for some pawn shop to offer someone a few bucks to snatch some personal item from Deion.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2021, 08:22:00 PM »
:lol:

JSU will be in the national spotlight again tomorrow on NBA TV. Be sure to tune in.

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1363564144205651973?s=19
Won't nobody remember that about JSU, but a lot of folks will remember how roguish folks are at JSU.  :shrug:  You can have a million Attaboys and one AhSchitt will blow them all away. 

Here is a list of the top ten things you are now known for nationally, thanks to this new spotlight. SNL might start doing skits about you. :lol:

1.  Your field is raggedy.
2.  Somebody B&E his truck and stole his boombox.
3.  JSU players piss all over everything.
4.  The entire JSU administration is "complacent" from top to bottom.
5.  Somebody broke into his office and stole his stuff, JSU tried to say it wasn't stolen but they are lying.

Did I miss anything????

You forgot him being at JSU is going to lower black crime and teen pregnancy

https://thespun.com/college-football/deion-sanders-jackson-state-football-change-community-crime-rate-teen-pregnancy-temperature-david-banner-podcast
He did change the crime rate, it went up by two cases. :shrug:
AAMU SIAC Championships 7, SWAC Championships 2 NCAA DII National Championships Men's Soccer '77 & '79, Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU National Championship 1  Black National Swimming and Diving Championships 82-87

Offline Jumbo97

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2021, 09:41:15 PM »

Just my two cents
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2021, 09:26:29 AM »
I guess my urban mentality is rearing its head but you ALWAYS secure your property - home or away!  :shrug:
You know in the country we dont lock our doors.  Hell I am sure they did "latch" the screen door on the locker room.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule