News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Nicholls 87 Lincoln 3!  (Read 439 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Nicholls 87 Lincoln 3!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 05:39:58 PM »
 :o
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Online JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 06:08:11 PM »
Nicholls should have never played them. 

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 07:22:40 PM »

Offline Jumbo97

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 07:41:20 PM »
All you can say at that score, is I hope no players got hurt.

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2021, 09:26:09 PM »
So Nicholls got one of coach Buddy's boys from East Mississippi CC slingin' that pill huh? Ay Lincoln, stay up fellas. :nod:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2021, 2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
1997, 1998, 1999 CIAA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
2021, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 10:32:03 AM »
JAG.......since you’re there in the Bayou you have a better feel for this game than do I.  Since LINCOLN was not even REMOTELY competitive, what WAS the rationale for this game?  To provide a “scrimmage” for the Nichols squad as they commence this “strange” Covid ‘21 spring season? What?

And from Lincoln’s point-of-view, are they even PREPARED to play inter-collegiate football this spring on ANY level?  And can the check they received from Nichols REALLY contribute to funding their football program in a SUBSTANTIVE way?

The results of this game, IMHO, make a MOCKERY of NCAA competition.  :no:

Online JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 11:13:06 AM »
JAG.......since you’re there in the Bayou you have a better feel for this game than do I.  Since LINCOLN was not even REMOTELY competitive, what WAS the rationale for this game?  To provide a “scrimmage” for the Nichols squad as they commence this “strange” Covid ‘21 spring season? What?

And from Lincoln’s point-of-view, are they even PREPARED to play inter-collegiate football this spring on ANY level?  And can the check they received from Nichols REALLY contribute to funding their football program in a SUBSTANTIVE way?

Actually, I'm in the DMV area now, but Nicholls State is rank somewhere in the top 10 in the FCS polls and one of the Southland Conference's top teams. They've even come close to defeating Power 5 schools before. Division III schools should not be on their radar. Nicholls State should only play down to the Division II level. With all the Division I schools in Louisiana, somehow Nicholls State can pull in some pretty good talent, especially from the New Orleans area.  IMO, coaches at Nicholls State work really hard to seek out talent that was looked over.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 11:14:46 AM by JAG89 »

Online JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2021, 11:18:56 AM »
Actually, in 2018, they defeated Kansas 26-23 in overtime.

Offline AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2021, 04:54:07 PM »

Actually, I'm in the DMV area now, but Nicholls State is rank somewhere in the top 10 in the FCS polls and one of the Southland Conference's top teams. They've even come close to defeating Power 5 schools before. Division III schools should not be on their radar. Nicholls State should only play down to the Division II level. With all the Division I schools in Louisiana, somehow Nicholls State can pull in some pretty good talent, especially from the New Orleans area.  IMO, coaches at Nicholls State work really hard to seek out talent that was looked over.
Lincoln is Division 2 but they still shouldn't have played them though.

Online JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2021, 06:40:14 PM »

Lincoln is Division 2 but they still shouldn't have played them though.

My bad.  I could have sworned them and Langston were in the same football conference.  But you are right, Nicholls State were way too much for them to handle.  Eventhough Lincoln is technically a HBCU with a majority White enrollment, I'm pretty sure Nicholls State could probably beat every HBCU.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 06:47:33 PM by JAG89 »

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule