News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Democrat Kyrsten Sinema Falsely Says as She Joins Joe Manchin in Opposing $15...  (Read 45 times)

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Published on Friday, February 12, 2021 by Common Dreams
'It Is Not a Budget Item,' Democrat Kyrsten Sinema Falsely Says as She Joins Joe Manchin in Opposing $15 Wage

"She is incorrect. It has a budgetary impact, and it was verified by CBO. Let's get it done now."
by Jake Johnson, staff writer

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema on Friday joined fellow conservative Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin in opposing the inclusion of an overwhelmingly popular $15 federal minimum wage bill in the coronavirus relief package, falsely claiming that the proposed pay raise for 32 million workers is "not a budget item" and thus should not be part of the reconciliation measure.

"What's important is whether or not it's directly related to short-term Covid relief. And if it's not, then I am not going to support it in this legislation," Sinema (D-Ariz.) told Politico for a profile published Friday. "The minimum wage provision is not appropriate for the reconciliation process... And it shouldn't be in there."

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Minimum wage should not be $15. Move it to $10-$11 at the most. White guilt is why they wanna move it. Bring back job training classes in public schools. They destroyed the school systems and wanna replace it with white guilt.
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
I'm not sure a minimum wage hike should be part of the bill, however, I have a problem with Sinema and Manchin playing the role of QOP enablers. If nothing gets done, it is going to be because of those two.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule