News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Author Charles Blow: Why Black Americans Should Migrate Back to the South .....  (Read 127 times)

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
Should? From what I've seen just here in this area, that's been the case. :nod:

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
If it can economically be done, I think Charles Blow has a great idea, especially Black folks with the necessary skill sets to help other Black folks to become more economically independent.  States like Mississippi, Louisiana, and Maryland has close to or over 30% Black population with small populations.  It would take approximately 1 to 2 million additional Black folks to switch the demographics.  I think one of the main reason these states refuse to growth is due to the possiblity of becoming majority Black, especially Mississippi and Louisiana. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 03:39:57 PM by JAG89 »

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
Sorry - not interested... :no:

Teeny and Little

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
 :lol:^^^Ms. GK, you're not even interested in days like we're having now?  I know you guys have GOT to be getting slammed in Detroit with the snow and ice and all.  The temperature has been hovering around a "balmy" 30 degrees for the high for the last day or two in Nashville.  :lol:  The forecast shows more of the same this weekend.  Spoke to my mother this afternoon.  The high's in West Palm Beach for the next several days is 81 degrees.........NICE!!  :)

But, hey, the South is not for everyone.  Mrs. Strike's relatives in Cleveland speak of "down South" as if they're talking about South America or something?  :(  I guess its a matter of perspective.

Not sure I particularly buy into Blow's concept of negroes reverse migrating to the South en masse.  We need folks strategically placed everywhere.  But Charles Blow is one of my favorite columnists, and his pieces for the NYT were always a must read.  He is truly an accomplished son of Grambling.  :nod:

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile

I do love Blow's columns!

As I lay here howling at these fools pretending to be lawyers for 45, with the temp outside at 15 and a fire roaring in the fireplace, while my family is very southern (Bana and Mississippi), I don't do snakes, mosquitoes, lizards, 90 degrees, etc.

I'll stay put and come and visit y'all... ;D

Teeny and Little

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

I do love Blow's columns!

As I lay here howling at these fools pretending to be lawyers for 45, with the temp outside at 15 and a fire roaring in the fireplace, while my family is very southern (Bana and Mississippi), I don't do snakes, mosquitoes, lizards, 90 degrees, etc.

I'll stay put and come and visit y'all... ;D

I know it was rough on you at Tuskegee.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule