News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: KC 9 TB 31  (Read 263 times)

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
KC 9 TB 31
« on: February 07, 2021, 10:16:45 PM »
Didn’t expect a blowout TB victory.

Todd Bowles is the poster for the Peter Principle.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
Re: KC 9 TB 31
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 11:06:23 PM »

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 06:15:37 AM »
Didn’t expect a blowout TB victory.

Todd Bowles is the poster for the Peter Principle.

In my opinion, I would rather be a coordinator than head coach.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 08:21:52 AM »

PREACH!!!

And, if I’m not mistaken, I think Mr. Brady REMAINS a supporter of the now twice-impeached dude who formerly occupied the Oval Office.   :(

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 09:28:54 AM »
The GOAT showed The Kid how it’s done....

Offline Jeff Aggie Fan

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 12:38:26 PM »
Please include the Ref and KC being greedy for part of the victory.  Some of those PI were bad calls plus the greedy part of KC.  1) Jumping offside when the score was 7 to 3.  Your not going to block the kick so just let them have it.  2) Under 2 mins to go Down 14 to 6 and TB run the ball on 1st down to run the clock out don't call a timeout and expect to get the ball back.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 12:51:20 PM »
Not really understanding why folks are bent about the defensive penalties against KC. I had absolutely no issues with any of those calls as those were major holds and illegal contact beyond 5 yds in all cases. Jones is lucky he got to finish the game for throwing a punch.

KC lost composure early and played the entire game in an out of control Mindset. The Honey Badger got caught gambling on multiple occasions. Leftwich called plays that put him on an island to make him think vs react. That’s what you do to an athletic person who isn’t very cerebral. Making them think slows them down a bit.

On the contrary, the Bucs defensive players had a game plan and stuck to it the entire game. They forced the KC line to constantly make line calls to distract Mahomes from putting their speed in favorable positions. Boles went with a 2-4-5 and brought a ton of pressure across his LB crew and bracketed Cheetah and Kelce with 1/2 and 1/2 coverage cleverly disguised as man with a 2 deep zone shell.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule