News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: DEMOCRACY PREVAILS AND GOD HAS GIVEN US ANOTHER CHANCE  (Read 293 times)

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Re: DEMOCRACY PREVAILS AND GOD HAS GIVEN US ANOTHER CHANCE
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 04:45:20 PM »
I'M SO HAPPY AND HOPEFUL, TODAY.  I SIMPLY DO NOT FEEL LIKE ACKNOWLEDGING OR ENTERTAINING LIARS, SORE LOSERS AND OR DOTARDS.  :clap:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline Nomenclature

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 05:32:34 PM »
Democracy ain’t prevailed until people’s material conditions are improved — widespread. We’re still dealing with a system that functions under white supremacy and white nationalism. Until that is dismantled we are still going to collectively suffer.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 05:50:37 PM »
Democracy ain’t prevailed until people’s material conditions are improved — widespread. We’re still dealing with a system that functions under white supremacy and white nationalism. Until that is dismantled we are still going to collectively suffer.

I don’t disagree with this.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 07:00:18 PM »

I do. Anytime you put materialism above spiritualism, you will always fail to reach your desired goals. Material success is not the whole measure of achievement.

Offline Nomenclature

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 07:40:17 PM »

I do. Anytime you put materialism above spiritualism, you will always fail to reach your desired goals. Material success is not the whole measure of achievement.

Can you not comprehend or think critically at all?

I'm not talking about possessions, achievements, or even wealth.

I'm talking about access to affordable housing, medical care, livable wages and equitable educational opportunities that allow people to support themselves, their families, and communities.  Just real basic stuff (policy changes can assist with)  that's hard for millions of people to attain because of our classist and racist government.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 07:45:22 PM by Devin »

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 07:54:22 PM »

Can you not comprehend or think critically at all?

I'm not talking about possessions, achievements, or even wealth.

I'm talking about access to affordable housing, medical care, livable wages and equitable educational opportunities that allow people to support themselves, their families, and communities.  Just real basic stuff (policy changes can assist with)  that's hard for millions of people to attain because of our classist and racist government.

Right back at you. I stand by my statement.

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2021, 10:47:29 PM »

I don't either.

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2021, 11:02:26 PM »

I wish to present a different view than that expressed in the thread title.

Even the Bible teaches that people have to use their "talents" and not bury them in the ground.

"Democracy" prevailed because of long hard work on the ground by activists and Dem party regulars, including lots and lots of Black women, to register voters AND to get out the vote - early and on Election Day.

And that success was achieved despite widespread GOP voter suppression (closing polling locations, limiting drop off boxes, etc. etc) and mendacious attempts to overturn the election results by a corrupt so-called president and his minions - elected officials or armed terrorists/ insurrectionists.

Black voters saved the Republic.

"Democracy" wasn't saved from the sky!!

O0

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule