News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Miles Men's Basketball Statement on 2021  (Read 268 times)

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr.SIAC/Mr.SWAC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
Miles Men's Basketball Statement on 2021
« on: January 08, 2021, 01:26:36 PM »
1/6/2021 www.MilesGoldenBears.com

The Miles College men's basketball program has made the difficult decision to halt its season due to uncertainty surrounding the Coronavirus.

With the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) postponing the beginning of conference athletic activities until March, Miles was given the option to play a schedule populated with non-conference opponents in an effort to qualify for the NCAA tournament. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and giving careful consideration to the best interests of our student-athletes, coaches, staff, and their families, the program elected to forego a chance to make the NCAA tournament for a third consecutive season.

"As eager as we are to defend our SIAC title and potentially compete for a national championship, my top priority is the well-being of my student athletes, coaches and staff," said Miles head men's basketball coach Fred Watson. "With the virus spiking and the uncertainty surrounding our scheduling, I believe this was the best decision for the mental and physical health of our players, staff, and our campus community."

Watson added that he will continue to assess the situation and make a decision whether to participate when the SIAC restarts its conference-only schedule in March. In the interim, the student-athletes will remain diligent in the classroom and continue with normal athletic preparations while observing the health and safety protocols Miles College has in place.
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Miles Men's Basketball Statement on 2021
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 09:56:38 AM »
If the conference is not starting until March I doubt if there will be a season this year. :shrug:
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule