News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Florida Gators star Keyontae Johnson collapses on court, in critical... (Update)  (Read 1666 times)

Online klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
The Gators were coming out of a timeout Saturday when the cameras cut away from the court and ESPNU broadcasters said Johnson had collapsed. He was given emergency medical attention and taken to the locker room...
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30502823/florida-gators-star-keyontae-johnson-collapses-court
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 04:43:33 PM by klg14 »
HBCUs provide a culturally affirming college experience.

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - MLK

“There’s the philosophical question of living in a regime that doesn’t believe I am a fully autonomous human with the power to make decisions about myself.” - Elizabeth Eager

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I hope the young man is okay. I am concerned about what COVID 19 can do to other young athletes.
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
This is why I continue to state, WHY ARE WE PLAYING SPORTS? AND I want to see in the next 2 to 3 years the effects of COVID on those students that got the disease.

that's all...   :tiptoe:

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
Praying for the young man.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Da'House!
    • View Profile
How many more????   :brickwall:

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
From Norfolk, VA

Like most of his teammates, Johnson tested positive for COVID-19 during the summer. Although the cause of Johnson's ailment was not immediately known, the coronavirus can lead to myocarditis, a viral infection of the heart muscle.

Offline LULions

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lulions.com
Melvin B. Tolson - '24
Langston Hughes - '29
President Nnamdi Azikiwe - '30
Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall - '30
President Kwame Nkrumah - '39

Advancing the Legacy of America‘s First Degree Granting HBCU: 1854

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Florida's Keyontae Johnson placed in medically-induced coma after collapsing during game Saturday

Johnson remains in critical but stable condition and is still hospitalized after the incident on Saturday

Florida star Keyontae Johnson remains hospitalized and is in critical but stable condition after collapsing on the court Saturday in the first half of the Gators' game against No. 20 Florida State. Johnson's grandfather, Larry DeJarnett, told USA Today that his grandson is in a medically-induced coma which doctors are hoping to bring him out of on Monday afternoon. DeJarnett also said Johnson was transported to a hospital in Gainesville, Florida, on Monday after receiving treatment in Tallahassee, the location of Saturday's game.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/floridas-keyontae-johnson-placed-in-medically-induced-coma-after-collapsing-during-game-saturday/

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
From Norfolk, VA

Like most of his teammates, Johnson tested positive for COVID-19 during the summer. Although the cause of Johnson's ailment was not immediately known, the coronavirus can lead to myocarditis, a viral infection of the heart muscle.

This is what several of the Big 10 prexys were concerned about... :nod:

Teeny and Little

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
I pray this young man pulls through. I know one thing, when his family sues, they'll own the University of Florida

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Lord have mercy.  Prayers for this young man.  I love sports but hate that schools are playing. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
I pray this young man pulls through. I know one thing, when his family sues, they'll own the University of Florida

They probably signed a waiver.  :shrug:
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline lew9ball

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://TU
Thoughts & prayers with this young man :angel:
"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else"
                       Booker T. Washington

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile

They probably signed a waiver.  :shrug:

Sadly I think you're right.

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I know one thing, when his family sues, they'll own the University of Florida

Why would they sue? The families are just at fault for allowing and pushing these students to play all Summer long knowing FULLY well the consequences of this disease. Sue all they want. It will not go anywhere.

that's all...   :tiptoe:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule