News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Aggies and Rams to Play in 2024  (Read 7433 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Aggies and Rams to Play in 2024
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2020, 01:45:33 PM »
This is big.

I also read that A&T was very close to becoming an R1 university. This puts them in position to outgrow the Big South when it comes to prestige in only a few years. Only three schools in our state have the R1 status Duke, UNC and NC State. Most R1 schools are in the Power Five like conferences. Now I hate that A&T is moving to the Big South because that was a sellout for a conference that was not better than the MEAC. Them being a R1 school should mean that they have bigger fish to fry than the Big South. I'm not talking ACC, but in the same conference as App. State or East Carolina I would not object too.

When it comes to basketball the Big South is better than the MEAC.

Not for black students its not better.

Prove it.

Go ask your Republican friends we is their proof.

Politics has nothing to do with the Big South being historically better than the MEAC in basketball.  That conference's entry is always ranked higher.  Truth hurts.

You said they were better than the MEAC and I said not for the black students. People don't attend sporting events just because their teams are better on the courts. They attend because the games are better for what they want to see. I would rather watch a WSSU game than to go across town to watch Wake Forest. Sure Wake is better on the court, but they are not better for me. Watching the Big South schools are not better for A&T fans than watching MEAC schools. Their school might be having some identity problems, but not their fans.

Reading is Fundamental.  I said the Big South is better in basketball than the MEAC.  Everything you stated is just your opinion.  There are those who would rather see Wake Forest than your school.  Too bad you have no clue that everyone doesn't think like you. 

Your major problem is A&T fans come to see A&T play.  Not the other school.  Too bad you don't understand that.  It's not that hard. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2020, 01:51:05 PM »
This is big.

I also read that A&T was very close to becoming an R1 university. This puts them in position to outgrow the Big South when it comes to prestige in only a few years. Only three schools in our state have the R1 status Duke, UNC and NC State. Most R1 schools are in the Power Five like conferences. Now I hate that A&T is moving to the Big South because that was a sellout for a conference that was not better than the MEAC. Them being a R1 school should mean that they have bigger fish to fry than the Big South. I'm not talking ACC, but in the same conference as App. State or East Carolina I would not object too.

Prove it.

Politics has nothing to do with the Big South being historically better than the MEAC in basketball.  That conference's entry is always ranked higher.  Truth hurts.

You said they were better than the MEAC and I said not for the black students. People don't attend sporting events just because their teams are better on the courts. They attend because the games are better for what they want to see. I would rather watch a WSSU game than to go across town to watch Wake Forest. Sure Wake is better on the court, but they are not better for me. Watching the Big South schools are not better for A&T fans than watching MEAC schools. Their school might be having some identity problems, but not their fans.

Reading is Fundamental.  I said the Big South is better in basketball than the MEAC.  Everything you stated is just your opinion.  There are those who would rather see Wake Forest than your school.  Too bad you have no clue that everyone doesn't think like you. 

Your major problem is A&T fans come to see A&T play.  Not the other school.  Too bad you don't understand that.  It's not that hard.

Again you are wrong. A&T fans come to see both A&T and the opponents. That's why some games draw more than others. Do you honestly think that their fans would show up to watch a game FSU the same as they would for a game with NCCU? Their fans don't care about the Big South schools.

This is the reason they are wanting to play WSSU all of a sudden. They want somebody that can fill their stadium. Most of the remaining MEAC schools are probably telling them to get lost... with the exception of NCCU.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:54:15 PM by Ram55 »

Offline AggieManiac704

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2020, 01:57:02 PM »
This is big.

Prove it.

Again you are wrong. A&T fans come to see both A&T and the opponents. That's why some games draw more than others. Do you honestly think that their fans would show up to watch a game FSU the same as they would for a game with NCCU? Their fans don't care about the Big South schools.

This is the reason they are wanting to play WSSU all of a sudden. They want somebody that can fill their stadium. Most of the remaining MEAC schools are probably telling them to get lost... with the exception of NCCU.

Whole lot of assuming going on here.

Online Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2020, 03:25:03 PM »
This is big.

Prove it.

A&T really doesn't. We have showed up in 14k plus for VUL and it wasn't GHOE. Bottomline, our fan base are passionate and like to see us win.

Your other assumption is wrong as well. We needed a game to finalize our 2024 schedule. And we needed a home opener tune-up. We also have Elon and Wake Forest. Thank you for agreeing to be our warm up

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2020, 03:38:04 PM »
I love HBCU games as much as the next Aggie, but to assume our fans only come out if we play other HBCUs is a stretch. I think Ram55 is a bit hurt by the truth...we don't need wssu on our football schedule. We were more than willing to play the rams if it benefitted A&T. That whole we want home and home, half the gate, y'all scared thing was crazy.

Moving forward I expect A&T will schedule OOC games with HBCUs. With that said regularly playing wssu is doubtful...A&T has moved on.

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2020, 03:46:06 PM »
The new AD at WSSU, Etienne Thomas, is an Eagle from NCCU.  It took an Eagle to help get this game back on schedule.  Plus the Chancellor at WSSU, Dr. Elwood Robinson,, is an Eagle also.

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Offline aggie law

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2020, 06:00:15 PM »
Yeah, now we can move forward in a business like fashion. :clap:

Has the BigSouth ever had a team play in a "classic?"

Can they allow us or Hampton to play in the Celebration Bowl?

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2020, 06:51:52 PM »

glad to see wssu on the schedule in 2024 cuz i personally don't give a dayum about playing any school in the big south conference except hampton.  the rest of the big south can "kick rocks" for all i care...

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2020, 07:27:11 PM »
This is big.

Prove it.

I think you are correct when you said, now they want to play us all of a sudden.  a&t is looking out for a&t.  Y'all just beat those aggies and you will be off their schedule again.  :snicker
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Online Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2020, 07:51:38 PM »
This is big.

Prove it.

I think you are correct when you said, now they want to play us all of a sudden.  a&t is looking out for a&t.  Y'all just beat those aggies and you will be off their schedule again.  :snicker

Self-perseveration. got to love it

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2020, 09:25:49 PM »
Yeah, now we can move forward in a business like fashion. :clap:

Has the BigSouth ever had a team play in a "classic?"

Can they allow us or Hampton to play in the Celebration Bowl?

Nah.  Playoffs or bust for yall.

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2020, 11:31:11 PM »
No smack but this is a much needed event here in NC. Hopefully, they can develop a consistent Labor Day event.

I think NCAT is going to need more of these games to fill up Truist Stadium once they join the Big South. A lot of their alumni I know aren't planning to attending those conference games.

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2020, 08:29:12 AM »
No smack but this is a much needed event here in NC. Hopefully, they can develop a consistent Labor Day event.

I think NCAT is going to need more of these games to fill up Truist Stadium once they join the Big South. A lot of their alumni I know aren't planning to attending those conference games.

So, you think A&T's overall attendance is gonna go down with A&T playing football in the Big South? Who else feels that way? Do you A&T folks feel the same?
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Online Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2020, 09:11:35 AM »
The WSSU game will be a schedule filler when needed.

A&T attendance imo won't go down. We will still have 10k plus a game. GHOE will still sell out. NCCU will be on the schedule long term.

It's honestly no difference in the Big South not bringing fans and MEAC schools not bringing fans.

A&T Fans came in droves when we went 0-27. It honestly doesn't matter who we play

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • BEWARE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2020, 09:15:46 AM »
Its a win-win for the fans!Period.

And I still believe some rivalries need to be maintained regardless of division.

just my 2 cents

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule