News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Aggies and Rams to Play in 2024  (Read 7432 times)

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Aggies and Rams to Play in 2024
« on: November 23, 2020, 11:16:54 AM »

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
Re: Aggies and Rams to Play in 2024
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 11:19:20 AM »
Been waiting on this to drop. Early Christmas gift for WSSU.

Offline Warpaint

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 11:44:14 AM »
Let some of y'all Aggies tell it on this board this game was never going to happen again.  I guess with the move to the Big South you had to get a game back on the schedule your fans actually want to see.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 11:49:32 AM »
Let some of y'all Aggies tell it on this board this game was never going to happen again.  I guess with the move to the Big South you had to get a game back on the schedule your fans actually want to see.

WSSU has new athletic leadership and agreed to the demands. The WSSU AD quote says it all

This is a tremendous opportunity to renew a historic rivalry, the Battle of I-40, during this anniversary year at NCAT's Truist Stadium," said WSSU Director Athletics Etienne Thomas. "Thanks to the vision and leadership at both schools we will be able to provide our fans with a phenomenal event. Fans of both institutions will get a chance to renew one of the great rivalries in college football.  We are excited that Chancellor Martin, Athletics Director Earl Hinton and Coach Washington thought of WSSU for inclusion in this celebration.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 11:59:41 AM »
This is big.

I also read that A&T was very close to becoming an R1 university. This puts them in position to outgrow the Big South when it comes to prestige in only a few years. Only three schools in our state have the R1 status Duke, UNC and NC State. Most R1 schools are in the Power Five like conferences. Now I hate that A&T is moving to the Big South because that was a sellout for a conference that was not better than the MEAC. Them being a R1 school should mean that they have bigger fish to fry than the Big South. I'm not talking ACC, but in the same conference as App. State or East Carolina I would not object too.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 12:04:31 PM »
This is big.

I also read that A&T was very close to becoming an R1 university. This puts them in position to outgrow the Big South when it comes to prestige in only a few years. Only three schools in our state have the R1 status Duke, UNC and NC State. Most R1 schools are in the Power Five like conferences. Now I hate that A&T is moving to the Big South because that was a sellout for a conference that was not better than the MEAC. Them being a R1 school should mean that they have bigger fish to fry than the Big South. I'm not talking ACC, but in the same conference as App. State or East Carolina I would not object too.

Here is the article concerning the work to get to the R1 level

https://greensboro.com/blogs/the_syllabus/the-syllabus-could-n-c-a-t-become-an-r1-university/article_4dae1f3a-25e8-11eb-bb29-e7a2a88d296e.html

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 12:14:32 PM »
I still don't want WSSU to play those sellouts. The idea of using us to fill your stadium because your other conference schools won't bring fans to your stadium just turns my stomach.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 12:18:15 PM »
This is big.

When it comes to basketball the Big South is better than the MEAC.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 12:29:08 PM »
This is big.

Not for black students its not better.

Offline wssupickle

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2020, 12:43:27 PM »

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2020, 12:58:38 PM »
This is big.

Prove it.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2020, 01:02:26 PM »
This is big.

Prove it.

Go ask your Republican friends we is their proof.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2020, 01:11:00 PM »
This is big.

Prove it.

Politics has nothing to do with the Big South being historically better than the MEAC in basketball.  That conference's entry is always ranked higher.  Truth hurts. 

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2020, 01:17:27 PM »
WSSU could make as much as $50,000 for playing in Greensboro....

https://journalnow.com/sports/college/wssu/wssu-and-n-c-a-t-to-play-football-again-in-2024/article_7b6252e6-2dab-11eb-9543-c3d706dded10.html

All it took was new and "sensible" leadership at WSSU. Rams on this board talking about home and away, or half the gate if the rams only played at A&T was just foolishness. A deal for $30,000...and another $15,000 in tickets that the rams can sell is a great deal for a D2 school.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2020, 01:37:31 PM »
This is big.

Prove it.

Politics has nothing to do with the Big South being historically better than the MEAC in basketball.  That conference's entry is always ranked higher.  Truth hurts.

You said they were better than the MEAC and I said not for the black students. People don't attend sporting events just because their teams are better on the courts. They attend because the games are better for what they want to see. I would rather watch a WSSU game than to go across town to watch Wake Forest. Sure Wake is better on the court, but they are not better for me. Watching the Big South schools are not better for A&T fans than watching MEAC schools. Their school might be having some identity problems, but not their fans.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule