News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Lou Holtz Has COVID-19  (Read 445 times)

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Lou Holtz Has COVID-19
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2020, 04:32:01 PM »
While I disagree with his political views and grandstanding rhetoric, Lou Holtz has mentored and molded many Black Boys into Men. I wish Lou Holtz Blessings and a Speedy recovery.

With that said, I see that some of us are adopting the vices of our enemies.  That's not what we come from folks.

Claiming that Lou Holtz should be given credit for mentoring black boys is the same as saying all these PWS do a good job in mentoring our boys. They only blacks they care about are the ones who make them millions of dollars. Neither Lou nor these schools give a durn about our boys who aren't big, fast, and talented. Everything Lou does is for his benefit. How many black boys has he mentored since his retirement? With your logic,  slave owners mentored their slaves.

Our freedom is worth fighting for. Lou, and most Trumpers can't die fast enough.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 04:34:21 PM by Ram55 »

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2020, 04:47:15 PM »
I will wish him the best and hope for a speedy recovery.

However, if he took this like the person he supported in the presidential campaign, I will say what many adults said to us when we were kids.  Let this be a lesson.

I'm sorry, but lessons are for people that has the ability to learn. This man is a hundred years old, if he could learn, not to be an racist, he would have done so already. Did Dump learn anything after he contacted the virus? What we need is for a lot of these fools to die, that would teach a real lesson. Anything short of death only embolden them.

We need to stop being so forgiving to people who don't like us. After more than 400 years of hating us, we should fight back. Malcolm X, not Martin Luther.
Ram.........generally concur with EVERYTHING you post here, but I would urge caution in advancing the notion that MLK was some kind of idealistic “pacifist”. If one is REALLY versed in the tactics of non-violent social disobedience - and not to suggest that you are not versed - one then knows that laying down your body, and presenting yourself, peacefully, in opposition to the state and its racially oppressive policies is an inherently EXTREMELY confrontational act.

Other than that, TOTALLY agree with the notion that Lou Holtz has merited the disgust and opprobrium of black and other people of good conscious everywhere. He PROUDLY and OPENLY endorsed another presidential term for a man whose policies are a continuing and existential threat to people of color and good conscience everywhere.

So PHUCK!! Lou Holtz!!  >:(

Strike - Thanks for that perspective about MFK. It was heard and understood.
Remember as kids we would play outside pickup games. We would pick two people to select their teams. Imagine MLK and Malcolm was available to select. Who would you pick? You liked both but could only have one.

Offline ALMIGHTY

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2020, 04:58:54 PM »
Claiming that Lou Holtz should be given credit for mentoring black boys is the same as saying all these PWS do a good job in mentoring our boys. They only blacks they care about are the ones who make them millions of dollars. Neither Lou nor these schools give a durn about our boys who aren't big, fast, and talented. Everything Lou does is for his benefit. How many black boys has he mentored since his retirement? With your logic,  slave owners mentored their slaves.

Our freedom is worth fighting for. Lou, and most Trumpers can't die fast enough.
:no:

I didn't say he should be given credit.  And no matter how you look at it, most of the blacks kids that play college football and being in the midst of a college environment (which includes their coaches) for 4 years is a positive. I consider mostly all college coaches to be role models for that reason alone.

And please note that COVID-19 is ravishing black folks far more so than whites.  Trust and believe that is why there has been such a lax effort to contain it.  Wishing death on someone stricken with is not only sinister it is self defeating.

South Carolina State University

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule