News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: FCS Conference Atlantic Sun to add 3 teams and maybe more  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: FCS Conference Atlantic Sun to add 3 teams and maybe more
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2020, 09:17:48 AM »
Cee Dog, another thought....

GULF COAST CLASSIC

AAMU vs Tennessee State

make it happen  :nod:

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr.SIAC/Mr.SWAC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2020, 12:03:11 PM »
Interesting
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

Offline B-more Eagle

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2020, 11:07:59 AM »
Where will Eastern Kentucky, Jacksonville State and Central Arkansas play football?

Offline ALMIGHTY

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2020, 10:30:42 AM »

They can tie in funding tho. SC makes USC and Clemson play their in state FCS schools.
Yeah, for 275k.  Playing Clemson for that much is not worth it.  Trust me.
South Carolina State University

Offline ALMIGHTY

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2020, 10:35:47 AM »
The Big South will be ok, ninjas love saving white folks.

If Kennesaw and North Alabama leave entirely, the Big South will replace them with Central and Norfolk.
South Carolina State University

Offline EagleWing

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2020, 08:30:42 PM »

If Kennesaw and North Alabama leave entirely, the Big South will replace them with Central and Norfolk.

Makes no sense to leave one unstable conference for another if the dominos fall with the BS and ASUN. If we’re gonna play savior for a conference I’d rather it be the MEAC but I don’t make those decisions.

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2020, 08:34:44 PM »

Give up games in DC and Baltimore, for Monmouth and Pittsburgh?  Nah. . .

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2020, 09:00:38 PM »

Makes no sense to leave one unstable conference for another if the dominos fall with the BS and ASUN. If we’re gonna play savior for a conference I’d rather it be the MEAC but I don’t make those decisions.

Exactly! 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2020, 11:44:58 PM »

Exactly!

This is why I say the MEAC has to approach those Big South schools aggressively for membership. If Hampton and A&T aren't interested, go after Gardner Webb, Charleston Southern or Campbell. The MEAC wouldn't mind adding another school from SC(Charleston Southern) in addition to SCSU. And Gardner Webb and Campbell are both in NC, so if the Big South can go after former MEAC schools, the MEAC can go after Big South schools.
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2020, 01:14:17 AM »

Exactly!

This is why I say the MEAC has to approach those Big South schools aggressively for membership. If Hampton and A&T aren't interested, go after Gardner Webb, Charleston Southern or Campbell. The MEAC wouldn't mind adding another school from SC(Charleston Southern) in addition to SCSU. And Gardner Webb and Campbell are both in NC, so if the Big South can go after former MEAC schools, the MEAC can go after Big South schools.

We might need to give up the Celebration Bowl.  Some schools want to play for Championships. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Online CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2020, 08:19:56 AM »

This

Offline InTheHunt

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2020, 08:32:04 AM »

Exactly!

We might need to give up the Celebration Bowl.  Some schools want to play for Championships.

Why would the MEAC have to change for them? They won't have other options conference wise. SOCON nor CAA taking those schools

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2020, 01:06:13 PM »
honestly, I don't see the Celebration Bowl returning.

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2020, 10:06:10 PM »

Exactly!

HBCU fans will be in their feelings the third time a PWC advances to the Celebration Bowl.  Also,   I don't think ESPN would approve either.  They want the props and the eyes that come along with an all HBCU showcase. 

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2020, 08:54:18 AM »
honestly, I don't see the Celebration Bowl returning.

It's returning December '21 and '22. After that, who knows.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule