News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Norfolk State weighing MEAC options  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Norfolk State weighing MEAC options
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2020, 10:53:54 PM »
We all have a tendency to look at potential bad news about other schools as them being the only ones that it can happen to. The reality is that "All" our schools were barely making it before this virus. Trust me, your school is also looking in their wallets and weighing their options. If the very wealthy bigs schools are struggling, why would you think our schools aren't? s**t getting ready to hit the fan for a lot of us. Just wait and see.

Hell , if this recession drags on for two or more quarters sports conferences will be the least of our problems.

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2020, 06:58:45 AM »
We all have a tendency to look at potential bad news about other schools as them being the only ones that it can happen to. The reality is that "All" our schools were barely making it before this virus. Trust me, your school is also looking in their wallets and weighing their options. If the very wealthy bigs schools are struggling, why would you think our schools aren't? s**t getting ready to hit the fan for a lot of us. Just wait and see.

Hell , if this recession drags on for two or more quarters sports conferences will be the least of our problems.

I completely agree. This is time where organizational restructuring will occur on all levels. I’m truly hopeful that we come out stronger from this. But I’m not naive enough to this that there won’t be casualties along the way.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2020, 09:28:14 AM »

Amen brother!

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2020, 10:29:26 AM »

Amen brother!

I mean, Stanford dropped a lot of sports, and I read that Clemson dropped track and field. If these rich schools can and will do that,,,,,,,
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Chillin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2020, 12:22:41 PM »
Punchy.....indeed, brother.

GOOD LUCK, BOWIE!!!

Offline Rich Eagle

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2020, 06:25:21 PM »
I hate for these words to come from my mouth, but the casualty may be the MEAC. I hope not. :brickwall:
" IT is HE that gives us the ability to do all things"

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2020, 11:52:45 PM »

True. All universities are weighing their options. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Offline 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2020, 06:27:58 AM »

True. All universities are weighing their options. Nothing would surprise me at this point.
It is time the NCAA change its division requirements.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2020, 08:38:11 AM »
Another thing to think about... even if some of our schools can somehow keep things together, if most of the other schools in our conferences stop playing sports, who will we play? The HBCUs that remain might have to join together to create a new conference or two. This would be a challenge because of the distance the remaining schools would have to each other. I hate to say this but A&T and Hampton might have seen something in the clouds when they jumped ship to the Big South. The HBCUs that remain might have to join the PWS that remain to form new conferences.

Sooner or later most of our school would return to playing sports. But HBCU conferences would be long gone.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2020, 09:43:33 AM »

Change requirements to what

Offline 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2020, 04:44:01 PM »

Change requirements to what
Number of required sports.

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr.SIAC/Mr.SWAC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2020, 07:17:31 PM »
So what Conference is NSU looking to join?
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

Offline AimHigh

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2020, 07:41:01 PM »

The no-brainer is the Big South.

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr.SIAC/Mr.SWAC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2020, 07:55:35 PM »
Make sense. :nod:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2020, 07:34:54 PM »

The no-brainer is the Big South.

Depends on whether or not the MEAC remains viable, and we stay D1-FCS. IMHO, if the MEAC dissolves, we will probably apply to the Big South or the CAA. The question is, will the Big South or CAA accept us? If we move back down to D2, we will apply to the CIAA. The question is, will the CIAA accept us?
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule