News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Iowa Football Players Want Firings, $20M Amid Racial Bias Allegations  (Read 183 times)

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
A group of Black former football players at the University of Iowa asked for $20 million and for several high-ranking athletics officials to be fired, alleging racial discrimination.

The group, made up of eight former players, sent a 21-page letter dated Oct. 5 to the university, according to The Des Moines Register. In it, they sought the firing of athletics director Gary Barta, head football coach Kirk Ferentz and assistant coach Brian Ferentz...

https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2020/10/20/university-iowa-football-players-want-firings-20m-amid-racial-bias-allegations
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Iowa Football Players Want Firings, $20M Amid Racial Bias Allegations
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 11:10:13 AM »
 :clap:..........it’s time to change the paradigm at these collegiate football factories that acquire great wealth by exploiting the skills of black athletes. And the athletes get virtual PEANUTS in return.

Maybe this lawsuit will inspire some of these young bruthas at other similarly situated schools to do what they’re doing at Iowa.

I’ve long since gotten tired of the black athlete getting screwed. It’s now time to DO something about it.

Offline EPJr

• Assistant GM
  • So Proud 2B a Panther; 2B a Union Panther
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 06:01:12 PM »
h0ow many times do I have to say this:

BLACK PARENTS STOP SENDING YOUR CHILDREN TO THESE LITTLE ONE HORSE ALL WHITE TOWNS IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE BECAUSE THERE IS A COLLEGE THERE.

2x CIAA Champions - Go Lady Panthers!!!

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 05:19:07 AM »
 :no:

Teeny and Little

Offline The Truth

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://Yes
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 07:28:02 AM »
Are all the players looking at transferring?
The Answer

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Boom Boom Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 09:20:24 AM »
Maybe this lawsuit will inspire some of these young bruthas at other similarly situated schools to do what they’re doing at Iowa.

Time will tell, bro.  I wish these young bruthas well.  Its rare to see them take a stand within the athletics ranks. So I applaud them for doing so. Normally, I just chime in with a 'shoulda gone to an hbcu' but I can also appreciate bruthas [sistas too] who stir the pot at these schools.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule