News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Judge: Fired WSSU coach deserves an impartial hearing  (Read 435 times)

Offline 804ram07

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
Judge: Fired WSSU coach deserves an impartial hearing
« on: September 28, 2020, 11:59:46 PM »

Judge: Fired WSSU coach deserves an impartial hearing

By MICHAEL HEWLETT

A Forsyth County judge overturned on Monday the final decision to fire Kienus Boulware, former head football coach at Winston-Salem State University, saying that Boulware was denied due process.

But Monday's ruling doesn't mean that Boulware gets his job back. The judge has ordered a new process to ensure that Boulware gets an impartial hearing of his appeal.

Judge Richard Gottlieb of Forsyth Superior Court vacated the final decision of WSSU's Board of Trustees to fire Boulware, who had been the head football coach for five seasons. Boulware filed for a judicial review in Forsyth Superior Court of the board's decision. Gottlieb held a hearing on Sept. 3.

In his decision, Gottlieb concluded that Boulware was denied due process because a recommendation from the school's Grievance Committee was routed to Chancellor Elwood Robinson, who had initially given notice to Boulware of his intention to terminate. WSSU officials had originally told Boulware that the recommendations would go to the school's Board of Trustees. They said that the change in process was to comply with UNC system's policy.

https://journalnow.com/news/local/judge-fired-wssu-coach-deserves-an-impartial-hearing/article_93e2205c-019c-11eb-8555-9b7b3cb215f3.amp.html

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
Re: Judge: Fired WSSU coach deserves an impartial hearing
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 10:40:46 AM »
Well the saga continues

Offline The Truth

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://Yes
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 03:30:12 PM »
Somebody is going to jail. Looks like they messed with the wrong Coach. Seems like the school can no longer move the goalposts.
The Answer

Offline InTheHunt

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 10:14:44 PM »
Somebody is going to jail. Looks like they messed with the wrong Coach. Seems like the school can no longer move the goalposts.

Settlement time  :read:

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 08:26:35 AM »
???.......why might someone be going to jail? This is a civil matter. Please explain.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 09:09:13 AM »

I wish he could get his job back and restore his name as a coach. A simple payout would only help him in the short term. He still suffers with a payout and he can't get another job coaching. I'm so disappointed in my Rams... thought we where better than this.

Offline Warpaint

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2020, 10:02:35 AM »

I wish he could get his job back and restore his name as a coach. A simple payout would only help him in the short term. He still suffers with a payout and he can't get another job coaching. I'm so disappointed in my Rams... thought we where better than this.

Specific performance for employment related matters are never a good idea.  Once he gets his payout and named cleared, and with his UNC and HBCU coaching connections, he will be able to bounce back and get on with another coaching staff.  There are many coaches who have been accused of and actually committed far worse actions and they have still been able to land other coaching gigs.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 03:13:07 PM »

Specific performance for employment related matters are never a good idea.  Once he gets his payout and named cleared, and with his UNC and HBCU coaching connections, he will be able to bounce back and get on with another coaching staff.  There are many coaches who have been accused of and actually committed far worse actions and they have still been able to land other coaching gigs.

I hope so.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule