News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: WSSU and N.C. Central will try to see which school can raise most money....  (Read 1119 times)

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: WSSU and N.C. Central will try to see which school can raise most money....
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2020, 04:31:19 PM »
For our Homecoming fundraising, we are approaching $100,000.  Everyone, feel free to donate to NCCU atletics.  :nod:
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2020, 11:36:56 AM »
This is a good idea for any big game thats not being played because of the virus... regardless of the divisions. Its about what the fans what to see and not about what division they play in. I'm sure the WSSU game would be the third most wanted game on NCCU's schedule, just below A&T and homecoming. There is not a school in the MEAC the Central fans want to see more than WSSU. Like wise with WSSU.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2020, 01:48:44 PM »
Unfortunately, we never win these fund raising contests.  My fellow alums I guess just aren’t the giving kind.

:shrug:
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2020, 02:43:21 PM »
Unfortunately, we never win these fund raising contests.  My fellow alums I guess just aren’t the giving kind.

I'd argue that NCCU alums already give throughout the year and aren't motivated by these 'contests.'   :shrug:

During the same week as the one-night WSSU stand; alums have been bombarded with Every Eagle Every Year campaign mailers and the Virtual Homecoming texts and videos. 

We didn't defeat WSSU; but we're still both winners though.   :lol:

Offline The Watcher

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2020, 03:16:26 PM »
:lmao:    How many schools pick a non conference team in a fund raising effort.? Are they your yardstick?   We are what we strive to be.  Lately :shrug: :shrug:

What in the world does conference affiliation have to do with fundraising, especially amongst HBCUs in the same state. Good Lord, congrats on being D1 but some folks are brand new out here.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2020, 04:05:19 PM »
:lmao:    How many schools pick a non conference team in a fund raising effort.? Are they your yardstick?   We are what we strive to be.  Lately :shrug: :shrug:

What in the world does conference affiliation have to do with fundraising, especially amongst HBCUs in the same state. Good Lord, congrats on being D1 but some folks are brand new out here.

The Watcher - All I can say is just consider the source of such a comment.  :lol:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2020, 06:27:47 PM »

I'd argue that NCCU alums already give throughout the year and aren't motivated by these 'contests.'   :shrug:

During the same week as the one-night WSSU stand; alums have been bombarded with Every Eagle Every Year campaign mailers and the Virtual Homecoming texts and videos. 

We didn't defeat WSSU; but we're still both winners though.   :lol:

Yes, you’re right.  You would think however that people asking for $$$ would be aware of ‘giving overload’. It’s tiring.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule