News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Gayle King Reflects on 'Painful' Backlash After Kobe Bryant Controversy  (Read 691 times)

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

I can't believe, she is still playing the victim. What's funny to me is that I didn't see one white woman come to her rescue.  :tiptoe:

The moral of the story is don't let white people "gas" you up to play yourself.  :nono2:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 10:38:35 PM by BrotherWiregrass »

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Gayle King Reflects on 'Painful' Backlash After Kobe Bryant Controversy
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 06:27:19 AM »
She irks the hell out of me. Wasn't yesterday Kobe's Bday?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 08:17:00 AM by j1908 »
Not saying I’m Flawless. But I dam sure don’t tarnish.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 08:55:14 AM »
She irks the hell out of me. Wasn't yesterday Kobe's Bday?

Yes and yes to both your question and observation.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #TigerPride Grrrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 09:21:34 AM »

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 09:28:21 AM »
Can’t watch her....don’t watch her.....looking back on it, Lisa Leslie should have beat her arse for that.

Offline amtrak-90

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 11:03:21 AM »
Funky Dog Head B*tch!

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 07:55:32 PM »

I can't believe, she is still playing the victim. What's funny to me is that I didn't see one white woman come to her rescue.  :tiptoe:

The moral of the story is don't let white people "gas" you up to play yourself.  :nono2:
Not defending Gayle King but please explain how she is still playing the victim????  The Lisa Leslie interview was in February, the interview with Oprah was in March.  It's damn near September and you post a video from March and say shes still playing the victim.  ????  Do you you have anything more recent than March to support your premise????  :shrug:
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2020, 09:43:47 PM »
She reminds me of this bat crap crazy landlord I once rented from in Los Angeles.  After my apartment was broken into and I was feeling completely violated with items stolen from me, she actually tried to twist the story as if I setup the robbery in order to break my lease.  At that age (mid 20's), I truly had to control my anger, because I had gotten to the point of physically wanting to beat her a--.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2020, 09:55:08 PM »
Wiregrass/y04185 has a bug up the wazoo about women, black women in particular.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2020, 07:25:28 AM »
Gayle, who has history with this black male thing, jumped at another opportunity to slam another one , even with the severe grief his family was going through at that time, she took that swing with impunity.  That basketball player, Leslie, looked startled.  Let us be real.  Gayle got where she is off of O.W. influence and back.  Mediocre as a commentator, but National.....  She has only connections.   I'm not a fan.   She is  just a talker.  Snoop apologized for his verbal assault- we got the picture relative to professional protocol but his original tirade hit the point of quashing that fool in her Kobe comments.  Snoop had  the intelligence  to see how simple minded Gayle was on a NATIONAL STAGE needing Oprah to help wash it out on Kobe Bryant Day.  She pooped then stepped in it, now bring it up again.   :brickwall: :dedhorse: :brickwall:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2020, 10:00:50 AM »
".... She pooped then stepped in it, now bring it up again.   

Sorry Charlie, but you stepped in it.

The original poster (wiregrass) posted this video from MARCH 2020 and tried to pass it off like Gayle just recently spoke again about it.

You should read the entire topic.  It's OK you don't like Gayle, I'm not a big fan either BUT the truth of the matter is you got played.

You obviously didn't even read Que82 post where he pointed this out.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2020, 10:39:55 AM »
Wiregrass/y04185 has a bug up the wazoo about women, black women in particular.

True
Not saying I’m Flawless. But I dam sure don’t tarnish.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2020, 03:56:12 AM »
Yes, I see, but I still mean every word of the response.   :tiptoe:  The backlash should have been painful. 

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2020, 06:42:15 AM »
???^^^forgive me, but why should the backlash against Gayle King have been “painful”? What mortal sin did she commit against you?

Sorry, but I don’t share the disdain for Ms. King. She is a fine journalist, works hard, and that has culminated in her now serving as anchor of CBS Morning news. It’s a fine program which I am privileged to watch 2-3x a week on the average.

She has apologized, repeatedly, to those of you who felt her questioning of Lisa Leslie “dishonored” the legacy of a black athlete of whom a good deal of America was quite fond. But, as Que^^^earlier made clear, the interview that leads this thread is from March, 2020, so the suggestion that Gayle continues to apologize for that interview is a damn lie. In other words, as M&G^^^pointed out, you “got played”. Yet you persist.............

Why?   :shrug:

It seems to THIS poster from my perch in the capital of Rocky Top, that your REAL problem is not with Ms. King. But it appears, as other posters have suggested, there is a strain of “misogyny” going on, which manifests itself in a hateful obsession over Gayle King.

Don’t know what woman in your life has caused you so much angst. But DO know that this is not an appropriate forum to address your issues. Look, I am a big fan of Snoop Dogg. But I thought his criticism of Gayle King was hysterical and waaaay over the top. But he eventually realized how absurd his position was and backed down.

So if Calvin Broadus can back down, you may be well-advised to do the same...............Jes sayin’.  :(

Offline TSU/BAMA

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2020, 06:57:03 AM »
Don't we have more important things to worry about than Gayle King?

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule