News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Postponing the November Elections  (Read 129 times)

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Postponing the November Elections
« on: August 01, 2020, 06:02:19 PM »
I am really Worried about this. The German people elected Adolf Hitler. I do not think that there was a election after then. He was also popular until the end. With the massed rally's I see similarities. The lack of funding for the post office is just a beginning. Fortunately, we have a constitution which requires an election.
I also believe that heads of our armed forces would resign before they would allow our military to move against the people. But it is scary to think that it would be attempted.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Postponing the November Elections
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 04:10:13 AM »
Bruh^^^if that mofo gets re-elected, ALL BETS ARE OFF!!

This so-called “constitutional republic” is hanging on a shred right now.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 07:08:20 AM »
I am really Worried about this. The German people elected Adolf Hitler. I do not think that there was a election after then. He was also popular until the end. With the massed rally's I see similarities. The lack of funding for the post office is just a beginning. Fortunately, we have a constitution which requires an election.
I also believe that heads of our armed forces would resign before they would allow our military to move against the people. But it is scary to think that it would be attempted.

Hitler was NEVER elected.  Hitler was not popular at the end.  The military has a history of moving against Americans.  No chief of staff is going to resign.  MacArthur didn't resign.  They aren't resigning. 

Bruh^^^if that mofo gets re-elected, ALL BETS ARE OFF!!

This so-called “constitutional republic” is hanging on a shred right now.

Wrong.  Nothing is hanging on a shred right now.  Stop believing the lie.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 07:12:53 AM »
 :popcorn:
ONE OF MY NEW YEAR's RESOLUTIONS WAS NOT TO ENGAGE IN POLITICAL DISCOURSE WITH "SELF-DESCRIBED ASSHOLES" or "LIARS". I HOPE I AM ABLE TO CONTINUE TO KEEP IT. (Posted on January 6, 2020). "https://www.capitaljazz.com/lounge" /AND... "https://naaga.co/" and "https://democrats.org/"

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 09:14:11 AM »
Correct: Hitler was appointed Chancellor. That is what they do in a parliamentary democracy. They form a government. Usually the party leader of the majority party becomes prime minister as in the United Kingdom. If there is not a majority, they form a coalition government. There is not direct election by the people. By the end of World War II, the German people were just trying to survive. I remember reading somewhere that 90 per cent of German civilian deaths occurred after the Allied invasion of Europe in June 1944.

However, there were massed rallies as late as 1943. There is no doubt that the German people were enthusiastic supporters of Hitler initially and well into the war. The similarities with the US today and the talk of delaying the election I find to be disturbing. I hate to say it, but the coronovirus may be our savior.

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 10:01:50 AM »
Correct: Hitler was appointed Chancellor. That is what they do in a parliamentary democracy. They form a government. Usually the party leader of the majority party becomes prime minister as in the United Kingdom. If there is not a majority, they form a coalition government. There is not direct election by the people. By the end of World War II, the German people were just trying to survive. I remember reading somewhere that 90 per cent of German civilian deaths occurred after the Allied invasion of Europe in June 1944.

However, there were massed rallies as late as 1943. There is no doubt that the German people were enthusiastic supporters of Hitler initially and well into the war. The similarities with the US today and the talk of delaying the election I find to be disturbing. I hate to say it, but the coronovirus may be our savior.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2020, 10:36:38 AM »
I guess the resident GOP shill isnt seeing what happening outside the FoxNews bubble.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 10:50:40 AM »
ncsiac^^^in addition to your very accurate analysis about where Hitler stood with the German people, as you state, by the end of the war, the German economy was in ruins. And the German people were literally starving trying to sustain themselves. They were carving up rotted horse carcasses and pretty much whatever else they can find to keep from starving.

People are STILL writing books trying to understand how an otherwise civilized society like Germany could descend into absolute MADNESS. And mostly due to this charismatic lil dude who wasn’t even German. Dude was born and raised in Austria. At its zenith, Hitler’s regime was the most COMPLETE police state to have ever existed on earth.

ONE MAN had complete and total control over ALL of German society. It was ceded to him through brute force and terror. The Third Reich was expected to last one thousand years; it only lasted 12.  :shrug:

Could it happen again, one may ask? Well, based on the IDIOTIC responses of Trump sycophants on this board, as they say in the Midwest.......you betcha’.

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2020, 11:46:06 AM »
Strike that is what has me scared. Many Jews did not get out when they could have because "we are German". They did not believe that anything would happen to them.The fact is their treatment in Germany until then had been among the best in Europe. Also they served in the Kaiser's army in World War I. Have we as blacks forgotten our history in this country?

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2020, 12:22:45 PM »
I guess the resident GOP shill isnt seeing what happening outside the FoxNews bubble.

Correct, Faux News criticized Biden when he said Trump may try to delay the elections but were silent when Trump suggested a delay. They did not cover Trump's Tweet on the delay therefore Y has no frame of reference so it is fake news to him.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2020, 01:08:51 PM »
Strike that is what has me scared. Many Jews did not get out when they could have because "we are German". They did not believe that anything would happen to them.The fact is their treatment in Germany until then had been among the best in Europe. Also they served in the Kaiser's army in World War I. Have we as blacks forgotten our history in this country?
:nod:.....yep, accurate and on point. Bruh, you have a firm grasp on Nazi history.

What was horrifically sad, and ncsiac knows this well, is how BRUTAL those Jewish vets who fought for the Kaiser in WW1 were treated. A good number of them were highly decorated soldiers. They were rounded up and shipped off to the extermination camps like every other “non-Aryan”. The Nazis did not make a lot of distinction. Jews were decreed “enemies of the state,” and rendered stateless no matter WHAT their service had been to Deutschland.

Those who forget the past (or never learned it in the first instance) are doomed to repeat it.

God bless America.  :(

Offline Optimusprime

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2020, 09:19:41 PM »
His GOP (today) aren't even going to consider the matter, so I'm not wasting calories on his musings.  With this spit at the US Constitution, however, he conceeds the election is lost UNLESS there is poli-trickery by the GOP to invalidate the election.  No matter when the election is held, the swearing in will be January 20, 2021.  If he is defeated (by Electoral College??) and does not move out by January 20, 2021, then at noon of that day, he is trespassing, and the Secret Service then moves him to a federal holding cell.  Just like any citizen who mistakenly wanders into the White House is met with those dogs he talks about, those dogs will turn on him.

The Electoral College is the only thing that he has and, if he and the GOP can manipulate that, then its a game changer.  Let me do some research, because most posters assume that he is talking about the General election, not the Electoral College selection...)

Oh, and AS HE LOSES but puts Biden in some type of elections cave, come 1/20/21, it will be PRESIDENT NANCY PELOSI according to the US Constitution.  IF I were trump, after tearing up my speech on National TV, I would not place my constitutional life in the hands of Rep Pelosi.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2020, 10:00:50 AM »
ncsiac^^^in addition to your very accurate analysis about where Hitler stood with the German people, as you state, by the end of the war, the German economy was in ruins. And the German people were literally starving trying to sustain themselves. They were carving up rotted horse carcasses and pretty much whatever else they can find to keep from starving.

People are STILL writing books trying to understand how an otherwise civilized society like Germany could descend into absolute MADNESS. And mostly due to this charismatic lil dude who wasn’t even German. Dude was born and raised in Austria. At its zenith, Hitler’s regime was the most COMPLETE police state to have ever existed on earth.

ONE MAN had complete and total control over ALL of German society. It was ceded to him through brute force and terror. The Third Reich was expected to last one thousand years; it only lasted 12.  :shrug:

Could it happen again, one may ask? Well, based on the IDIOTIC responses of Trump sycophants on this board, as they say in the Midwest.......you betcha’.

This has happened in many nations since Germany.Assad's  Syria is a very recent example. The world will be dealing with that refugee crisis alone for generations.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Onnidan

Support the Fan Forum

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support.

The pandemic has financial consequences, especially for Black-owned businesses. Ad revenue is shrinking so we are asking you directly for your financial support. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan or process your donation through Square

>