News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Hey @Ram55 I thought about you when I saw this.  (Read 668 times)

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Hey @Ram55 I thought about you when I saw this.
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2020, 11:50:42 AM »
SMH  :crazy:

I'm not sure why you are shaking your head.

Because of this arguement. Since we have this desire to only compete against other Black instutions and only have HBCU associations, i am waiting for these visionaries to have HBCU championships in all sports and have HBCUs effectively withdraw from the NCAA.

That way as Ram55 says , we grow and help ourselves
So when your school played aganist Elon and the other PWI's. They magically became hbcus for the day? Using your logic, then why is it okay for PWIs to only play PWIs?  For the life of me I will never understand this assinine way of thinking?
BCFNC:1948,49,50,54,60,75,93,95,97,98,03
SWAC Champs: 1937,38,40,46,47,48,49,50,55,59,60,66,75,93,97,98,99,03,13
Bowl Appearances:11 record 8-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2020, 12:30:23 PM »

Because of this arguement. Since we have this desire to only compete against other Black instutions and only have HBCU associations, i am waiting for these visionaries to have HBCU championships in all sports and have HBCUs effectively withdraw from the NCAA.

I didn't read where anyone said we should play only HBCUs... did you? Plenty of PWS play HBCUs, yet they remain in their all white conferences. How many of them are running to join HBCU conferences? So in your words its ok for them to remain white but just take our talent and now our band styles. Leaving us with what?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 12:34:59 PM by Ram55 »

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2020, 12:46:53 PM »

I didn't read where anyone said we should play only HBCUs... did you? Plenty of PWS play HBCUs, yet they remain in their all white conferences. How many of them are running to join HBCU conferences? So in your words its ok for them to remain white but just take our talent and now our band styles. Leaving us with what?

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2020, 01:01:12 PM »

ON 7/29 at 1115am you said

America has not changed to the point where we don't need all our schools to support each other. Its their AD, he is like God to them.

What better support is there than building and creating our own platform where we control all revenue created?

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2020, 01:04:28 PM »

So when your school played aganist Elon and the other PWI's. They magically became hbcus for the day? Using your logic, then why is it okay for PWIs to only play PWIs?  For the life of me I will never understand this assinine way of thinking?

No but your not understanding what i'm saying. If it is so taboo for A&T to be apart of a white athletic confernce , why is it ok for any HBCU to be apart of the NCAA? Aren't they also a white instution. Why not create our own govering body of just HBCUs that benefits HBCUs , since being affliated with a white conference is such an issue

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2020, 01:30:26 PM »

No but your not understanding what i'm saying. If it is so taboo for A&T to be apart of a white athletic confernce , why is it ok for any HBCU to be apart of the NCAA? Aren't they also a white instution. Why not create our own govering body of just HBCUs that benefits HBCUs , since being affliated with a white conference is such an issue
You know what...

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2020, 04:50:48 PM »

You know what...

You tried.  :shrug:

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2020, 11:07:23 PM »

JBROB- He's is just uninformed. Its our job to help that brother along. You give me hope that the true Aggie Pride still exist in Greensboro. Sorry if I disrespected you in some of my earlier posts.

apologies are in order for more aggies than just jbrob.  you cannot paint all aggies with the same brush.  virtually the only thing i've ever agreed with you about was regarding our move to the big south conference, including your insinuation that we're "sellouts".

just like wssu had alums who did not favor wssu moving to the meac, there are also some aggie alums who do not agree with our chancellor's decision to move to the big south conference.  so to paint all aggies with the same brush regarding the big south decision is "inappropriate".

your criticism should be aimed at those who made the decision which are the bot and dr. martin.  the vast majority of aggie alums had "zero" say so regarding this move.  even alums like myself who is an annual a&t donor didn't have any say so regarding leaving the meac.

to this very day, i still have not come to accept the move to a pwc conference.  the closer we get to becoming an official member of the big south conference, the more my enthusiasm for aggie athletics subsides and that's very unfortunate.

i don't want no parts whatsoever of the big south conference and i refuse to directly contribute not even one single nickel of my money to the big south conference.  matter fact, since our announcement to join the big south, i have donated money to both south carolina state and norfolk state just as a small gesture to show my support for my fellow hbcu's. 

the big south conference can "kick rocks" for all i care.  that's not my home!  the big south is not where i belong nor is it where a&t belongs...

Oleschoolaggie- Your comments is exactly what I was expecting to hear from you proud Aggies from the start of this debate. Thanks, I really needed to hear you say that. In the past my smack talk about you dogs was just me playing the dozens. However, it is truly troublesome that one of HBCU's flagship schools has decided to stop being a leader in the development of our culture. Up until now, you have been the only Aggie on this forum to express your displeasure to moving to the Big South.

Bluedogs post to start this thread has gotten us to really think and talk about whats happening to HBCUs. Sure, there will be nothing settled with us talking on a forum, but talking will help us understand how we really feel about each other and how our schools are joined at the hips. You Aggies represent the best we have. We all have Aggie Pride. Now I know that at least one Aggie understands your importance to the rest of us. I'm sure there many more.

I said in another thread that I was finished with this subject. So this is all i have to say about it.
Good luck in the big South.

On the contrary, I can remember quite a few AGGIES voicing their displeasure with their transition to the Big South.  :nod:
But, they need to go ahead on and run roughshod over the Big South opponents like they did over the MEAC.
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2020, 11:13:39 PM »

JBROB- He's is just uninformed. Its our job to help that brother along. You give me hope that the true Aggie Pride still exist in Greensboro. Sorry if I disrespected you in some of my earlier posts.

apologies are in order for more aggies than just jbrob.  you cannot paint all aggies with the same brush.  virtually the only thing i've ever agreed with you about was regarding our move to the big south conference, including your insinuation that we're "sellouts".

just like wssu had alums who did not favor wssu moving to the meac, there are also some aggie alums who do not agree with our chancellor's decision to move to the big south conference.  so to paint all aggies with the same brush regarding the big south decision is "inappropriate".

your criticism should be aimed at those who made the decision which are the bot and dr. martin.  the vast majority of aggie alums had "zero" say so regarding this move.  even alums like myself who is an annual a&t donor didn't have any say so regarding leaving the meac.

to this very day, i still have not come to accept the move to a pwc conference.  the closer we get to becoming an official member of the big south conference, the more my enthusiasm for aggie athletics subsides and that's very unfortunate.

i don't want no parts whatsoever of the big south conference and i refuse to directly contribute not even one single nickel of my money to the big south conference.  matter fact, since our announcement to join the big south, i have donated money to both south carolina state and norfolk state just as a small gesture to show my support for my fellow hbcu's. 

the big south conference can "kick rocks" for all i care.  that's not my home!  the big south is not where i belong nor is it where a&t belongs...

Oleschoolaggie- Your comments is exactly what I was expecting to hear from you proud Aggies from the start of this debate. Thanks, I really needed to hear you say that. In the past my smack talk about you dogs was just me playing the dozens. However, it is truly troublesome that one of HBCU's flagship schools has decided to stop being a leader in the development of our culture. Up until now, you have been the only Aggie on this forum to express your displeasure to moving to the Big South.

Bluedogs post to start this thread has gotten us to really think and talk about whats happening to HBCUs. Sure, there will be nothing settled with us talking on a forum, but talking will help us understand how we really feel about each other and how our schools are joined at the hips. You Aggies represent the best we have. We all have Aggie Pride. Now I know that at least one Aggie understands your importance to the rest of us. I'm sure there many more.

I said in another thread that I was finished with this subject. So this is all i have to say about it.

On the contrary, I can remember quite a few AGGIES voicing their displeasure with their transition to the Big South.  :nod:
But, they need to go ahead on and run roughshod over the Big South opponents like they did over the MEAC.
Not going to mean much if they do. I doubt that they will.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 11:46:35 PM by bluedog »

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2020, 09:52:14 PM »

Not going to mean much if they do. I doubt that they willm

You don't think A&T is gonna BEASTMODE to Big South Conference?
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2020, 11:46:20 PM »

Not going to mean much if they do. I doubt that they willm

You don't think A&T is gonna BEASTMODE to Big South Conference?
Nope! You all say the same thing about every hbcu that goes to a PWI. First it was TnST.  then it was Hampton,   Now it's suppose to be A&T whose going to conquer the big bad pwi and go FBS and become all of hbcus beacon of light. You all get too caught up in your feelings and Fantasies to see the big picture and look at all the intangible.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 02:09:11 PM by bluedog »

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2020, 12:35:54 PM »

professor, you're comparing apples to oranges.  nobody is advocating that hbcu's compete "exclusively" against hbcu's.  "zero" hbcu's do that.  all hbcu conferences are members of the ncaa and all hbcu's play ooc games against pwc's.

however, what folk are saying is that hbcu's have a long legacy of being discriminated against and therefore have a long history of indirectly "supporting each other".  hence, the creation of 4 hbcu athletic conferences where hbcu's pretty much "give back to their own".

by leaving an hbcu conference to join a pwc conference, all forms of a&t's athletic "support" (which is very significant) is taken away from an hbcu conference and shifted to a pwc conference.  it has "nothing" to do with the ncaa in general, comparing conference affiliation to being members of the ncaa is like comparing apples to oranges...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 12:37:34 PM by oleschoolaggie »

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Onnidan

Support the Fan Forum

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support.

The pandemic has financial consequences, especially for Black-owned businesses. Ad revenue is shrinking so we are asking you directly for your financial support. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan or process your donation through Square

>