News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Big South Conference announces plans to move forward with fall sports in 2020  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
Now watch all those brothers and sisters risk their and family lives to run behind a ball and make those plantation masters money. Folks we have to do better than this. There is nothing for us to gain from playing. Its not like we are getting paid or many of their athletes will make it to the pros. We don't want our kids to go to K-12 schools but we want them to make those plantations rich by playing sports. All of this is that systematic racism we keep talking about, not just the police misconduct.

Lol isn't that what the NBA, NFL and MLB are doing?

No, that's not what the NFL and MLB is doing? The pros are grown men and are getting paid. Also the pros are in bubbles with each other. They get tested often. College kids don't get paid, and are asked to sign wavers to risk their lives. I guess you can't see the value in their lives like all the HBCU conferences. I guess ya'll would fit in well with the Big South. If it was mostly white kids they would cancel in a heart's beat.

The NFL nor MLB are in a bubble , just  the NBA. The NCAA isn't doing anything about the wavier nor is the government but ok. High Schools Sports are happening , Colleges are playing but apparently i don't see the value. Bwhahaha. man your a trip

I'm not the trip you are. You are the only brother on this forum trying to justify playing college sports during this epidemic. I think it's simply because ya'll are lead by that AD you have, and you are trying to justify moving to the Big South. Trust me when I say that our young peoples lives is more important than making money for those plantations. But what else do I expect from a sellout?

When did i justify that? Please post the link.

Your distain for white people , including my AD is amazing. I know this might not make sense to you but we are in the MEAC until June 30th. A&T isn't playing Fall Sports period. So whatever high horse or slave master mentality thing your trying to push isn't making sense

I'm not going to look at  your past posts to prove your support of ya'lls move to the Big South. It has been very clear that you Aggie's support that move. Show me your posts where you complained about the move. Also, I don't dislike white people like you say. I just see the importance of us retaining what little we have worked so hard to achieve. I understand we can't compete because they take our best talent when they really don't want us on their campuses. You can't see the importance of us associating and supporting each other. Sambo University. Its clear you are making up reasons to leave the MEAC. You would rather be told what to do than to be in a conference where you have a voice.

Bwhahaha sure. Just don't get why your so vested in A&T's move and you have no ties to the university nor do you have any money involved. We still will play HBCU's. Juts like TSU does. But again because we are going to a PWI conference now , apparently we are Sambo , Uncle Toms. Is what it is. The reasons have been expressed why we left. We are one foot out the door. Only one harping on it , is you.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Now watch all those brothers and sisters risk their and family lives to run behind a ball and make those plantation masters money. Folks we have to do better than this. There is nothing for us to gain from playing. Its not like we are getting paid or many of their athletes will make it to the pros. We don't want our kids to go to K-12 schools but we want them to make those plantations rich by playing sports. All of this is that systematic racism we keep talking about, not just the police misconduct.

No, that's not what the NFL and MLB is doing? The pros are grown men and are getting paid. Also the pros are in bubbles with each other. They get tested often. College kids don't get paid, and are asked to sign wavers to risk their lives. I guess you can't see the value in their lives like all the HBCU conferences. I guess ya'll would fit in well with the Big South. If it was mostly white kids they would cancel in a heart's beat.

The NFL nor MLB are in a bubble , just  the NBA. The NCAA isn't doing anything about the wavier nor is the government but ok. High Schools Sports are happening , Colleges are playing but apparently i don't see the value. Bwhahaha. man your a trip

I'm not the trip you are. You are the only brother on this forum trying to justify playing college sports during this epidemic. I think it's simply because ya'll are lead by that AD you have, and you are trying to justify moving to the Big South. Trust me when I say that our young peoples lives is more important than making money for those plantations. But what else do I expect from a sellout?

Your distain for white people , including my AD is amazing. I know this might not make sense to you but we are in the MEAC until June 30th. A&T isn't playing Fall Sports period. So whatever high horse or slave master mentality thing your trying to push isn't making sense

I'm not going to look at  your past posts to prove your support of ya'lls move to the Big South. It has been very clear that you Aggie's support that move. Show me your posts where you complained about the move. Also, I don't dislike white people like you say. I just see the importance of us retaining what little we have worked so hard to achieve. I understand we can't compete because they take our best talent when they really don't want us on their campuses. You can't see the importance of us associating and supporting each other. Sambo University. Its clear you are making up reasons to leave the MEAC. You would rather be told what to do than to be in a conference where you have a voice.

Most aggies I know personally hate the idea of not being in the MEAC.  This board is the only place I see the support.  I am looking for the MEAC to black ball them.  Hey, why not?  I won't be surprised if Central is the only MEAC school that plays them.  I mean, you did leave for a reason.
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Most aggies I know personally hate the idea of not being in the MEAC.  This board is the only place I see the support.  I am looking for the MEAC to black ball them.  Hey, why not?  I won't be surprised if Central is the only MEAC school that plays them.  I mean, you did leave for a reason.

Blackball Bwhahaha. What MEAC school is in the positon to Blackball someone. Teams will schedule A&T beacause we travel well. Only place we don't go is to DSU.

Our schedule is pretty full for 21. We have 1 spot and that will be for NCCU

22 - We have 3 open games. I'm expecting NCCU and SCSU and a FBS game

You will see us play 2 HBCUs and then a FCS power or FBS school. It will be too many teams that need an opponet who will brings fans to black ball us

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Bwhahaha sure. Just don't get why your so vested in A&T's move and you have no ties to the university nor do you have any money involved. We still will play HBCU's. Juts like TSU does. But again because we are going to a PWI conference now , apparently we are Sambo , Uncle Toms. Is what it is. The reasons have been expressed why we left. We are one foot out the door. Only one harping on it , is you.

I have many family members who attended plus its a State  University and my taxes help for it. All black people has ties to all our schools. We need every opportunity available, especially the ones we created. We need for ya'll to lead and not turn your backs. You think you're too good for WSSU and now the MEAC. When the Big South fans don't visit your campus you will be call all those black colleges you're too good for now.

Sambo University
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 06:35:15 PM by Ram55 »

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Follow the link below and  read what the rest of black American is doing about this viris.

https://theundefeated.com/features/putting-safety-first-leads-to-cancellation-of-hbcu-fall-sports

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

I have many family members who attended plus its a State  University and my taxes help for it. All black people has ties to all our schools. We need every opportunity available, especially the ones we created. We need for ya'll to lead and not turn your backs. You think you're too good for WSSU and now the MEAC. When the Big South fans don't visit your campus you will be call all those black colleges you're too good for now.

Sambo University

Bwhahaha Wssu was presented an option to play, you chose to counter and we said no. Who did we turn our back on , the MEAC bwhaha? It wasn't turning our back when we left the CIAA 50 plus years ago. FAMU and BCU aren't turning their backs on the MEAC but we are. Man you too much.

A&T attendance will be fine. People swore no one would come when we played Coastal Carolina , Elon , Gardner Webb etc. But guess what , they did. Only NCCU brings a lot of fans to Aggie Stadium. NSU, and SCSU bring decent crowds. We avg over 10k and we lost for 3 years straight at home. We will be just fine.

You have serious butt hurt about us leaving. Regardless of what you say , we are out. We want to compete for the FCS title. Appricitive for the MEAC but it's time to move. 

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile

Blackball Bwhahaha. What MEAC school is in the positon to Blackball someone. Teams will schedule A&T beacause we travel well. Only place we don't go is to DSU.

Our schedule is pretty full for 21. We have 1 spot and that will be for NCCU

22 - We have 3 open games. I'm expecting NCCU and SCSU and a FBS game

You will see us play 2 HBCUs and then a FCS power or FBS school. It will be too many teams that need an opponet who will brings fans to black ball us

If you say so.  If Central is not free for your one game, sorry.  Scheduling is a two way streak. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Online bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Big South football moving on without Hampton

Maybe it's just me. But this seems like a pretty F'd  up marriage.

Hampton chose not to participate in fall sports this season, due to concerns over COVID-19, but life goes on for the Big South Conference. The league has announced that play in all sports will begin on or after September 3.

Shortly after Hampton announced that it will suspend all fall sports the Big South released this statement.

https://hbcugameday.com/2020/07/23/big-south-football-moving-on-without-hampton/

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Hampton chose not to participate in fall sports this season, due to concerns over COVID-19, but life goes on for the Big South Conference. The league has announced that play in all sports will begin on or after September 3.

Shortly after Hampton announced that it will suspend all fall sports the Big South released this statement.

https://hbcugameday.com/2020/07/23/big-south-football-moving-on-without-hampton/

Just as I predicted, the Big South don't care what their two colored schools have to say. This is just the tip of the iceberg. The majority rules, just like it's been for 400 years. In a few years they'll be begging to be black again, just Michael Jackson and Jordan.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 12:16:49 AM by Ram55 »

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile

If you say so.  If Central is not free for your one game, sorry.  Scheduling is a two way streak.

If you listened to the Zoom broadcast our AD did last month you heard her say that right after a&t announced their move to the Big South she and Earl Hilton were on the phone talking about our schools still playing each other in football and basketball.  A&T made the mistake of dropping NCCU in football twice (1993 and 2006)  in the past.  They caught pure hell from their alumni for doing that.

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Ram55 has an opinion about everything and everybody that he can answer.   Apparently he missed taking his medicine/pills.  Concentrating on WSSU issues could help but taking meds before posting may stop  his sounding like an idiot.   I believe the poster is not well.   :shrug:

« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 05:18:49 AM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

If you listened to the Zoom broadcast our AD did last month you heard her say that right after a&t announced their move to the Big South she and Earl Hilton were on the phone talking about our schools still playing each other in football and basketball.  A&T made the mistake of dropping NCCU in football twice (1993 and 2006)  in the past.  They caught pure hell from their alumni for doing that.

Exactly. Every year in football,  home and home in basketball, and we gonna play in every Olympic sport.  Might wanna educate the flock

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Hampton chose not to participate in fall sports this season, due to concerns over COVID-19, but life goes on for the Big South Conference. The league has announced that play in all sports will begin on or after September 3.

Shortly after Hampton announced that it will suspend all fall sports the Big South released this statement.

They don't have any athletes on campus. No players , no sports. It's really quite simple

https://hbcugameday.com/2020/07/04/hampton-will-remain-online-only-for-the-fall/

Online bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

They don't have any athletes on campus. No players , no sports. It's really quite simple

https://hbcugameday.com/2020/07/04/hampton-will-remain-online-only-for-the-fall/
Nobody asked where their athletes were.

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Ram55 has an opinion about everything and everybody that he can answer.   Apparently he missed taking his medicine/pills.  Concentrating on WSSU issues could help but taking meds before posting may stop  his sounding like an idiot.   I believe the poster is not well.   :shrug:

And what do you think sports forums are for? The only school I have been smacking is A&T. You always seem to come to their aid. You want to be an Aggie so bad. It must be frustrating for the other birds knowing you attended NCCU.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule