News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Big South Conference announces plans to move forward with fall sports in 2020  (Read 1316 times)

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

HBCUs provide a culturally affirming college experience.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
You know they decided to continue because Hampton said they weren’t.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline SSUTigerFan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
It won't happen un 2021.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 02:49:01 PM by SSUTigerFan »

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Can’t see it happening.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Now watch all those brothers and sisters risk their and family lives to run behind a ball and make those plantation masters money. Folks we have to do better than this. There is nothing for us to gain from playing. Its not like we are getting paid or many of their athletes will make it to the pros. We don't want our kids to go to K-12 schools but we want them to make those plantations rich by playing sports. All of this is that systematic racism we keep talking about, not just the police misconduct. 

Offline InTheHunt

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
A&T will fit in perfectly, the AD can dry those tears!

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Now watch all those brothers and sisters risk their and family lives to run behind a ball and make those plantation masters money. Folks we have to do better than this. There is nothing for us to gain from playing. Its not like we are getting paid or many of their athletes will make it to the pros. We don't want our kids to go to K-12 schools but we want them to make those plantations rich by playing sports. All of this is that systematic racism we keep talking about, not just the police misconduct.

Yeah for now they will move forward with their plans. And then, COVID-19 will jump in and say, " boyyyy yoouuuuuu thought huh?" My prediction is the group that will come closest to playing or completing any part of a season are the Power 5 schools, and they aren't a shoo-in by a long-shot. I still think COVID will eventually sit everyone down until Spring 2021 AT THE VERY LEAST....We should be shutting things down till Fall 2021 to be real, but you know, we (they) are tryna get that loot by hook or by crook. :tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe:

#YOUGONELEARN

BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
1997, 1998, 1999 CIAA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile

Lol isn't that what the NBA, NFL and MLB are doing?

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #TigerPride Grrrr!
    • View Profile
 :popcorn:  Ok then, Big South....

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile

Don't worry, Rona gonna get in that arse too. Especially football. You are just asking for trouble with the virus.
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
1997, 1998, 1999 CIAA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

No, that's not what the NFL and MLB is doing? The pros are grown men and are getting paid. Also the pros are in bubbles with each other. They get tested often. College kids don't get paid, and are asked to sign wavers to risk their lives. I guess you can't see the value in their lives like all the HBCU conferences. I guess ya'll would fit in well with the Big South. If it was mostly white kids they would cancel in a heart's beat.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

No, that's not what the NFL and MLB is doing? The pros are grown men and are getting paid. Also the pros are in bubbles with each other. They get tested often. College kids don't get paid, and are asked to sign wavers to risk their lives. I guess you can't see the value in their lives like all the HBCU conferences. I guess ya'll would fit in well with the Big South. If it was mostly white kids they would cancel in a heart's beat.

The NFL nor MLB are in a bubble , just  the NBA. The NCAA isn't doing anything about the wavier nor is the government but ok. High Schools Sports are happening , Colleges are playing but apparently i don't see the value. Bwhahaha. man your a trip

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

The NFL nor MLB are in a bubble , just  the NBA. The NCAA isn't doing anything about the wavier nor is the government but ok. High Schools Sports are happening , Colleges are playing but apparently i don't see the value. Bwhahaha. man your a trip

I'm not the trip you are. You are the only brother on this forum trying to justify playing college sports during this epidemic. I think it's simply because ya'll are lead by that AD you have, and you are trying to justify moving to the Big South. Trust me when I say that our young peoples lives is more important than making money for those plantations. But what else do I expect from a sellout?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 02:44:32 PM by Ram55 »

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

I'm not the trip you are. You are the only brother on this forum trying to justify playing college sports during this epidemic. I think it's simply because ya'll are lead by that AD you have, and you are trying to justify moving to the Big South. Trust me when I say that our young peoples lives is more important than making money for those plantations. But what else do I expect from a sellout?

When did i justify that? Please post the link.

Your distain for white people , including my AD is amazing. I know this might not make sense to you but we are in the MEAC until June 30th. A&T isn't playing Fall Sports period. So whatever high horse or slave master mentality thing your trying to push isn't making sense

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

When did i justify that? Please post the link.

Your distain for white people , including my AD is amazing. I know this might not make sense to you but we are in the MEAC until June 30th. A&T isn't playing Fall Sports period. So whatever high horse or slave master mentality thing your trying to push isn't making sense

I'm not going to look at  your past posts to prove your support of ya'lls move to the Big South. It has been very clear that you Aggie's support that move. Show me your posts where you complained about the move. Also, I don't dislike white people like you say. I just see the importance of us retaining what little we have worked so hard to achieve. I understand we can't compete because they take our best talent when they really don't want us on their campuses. You can't see the importance of us associating and supporting each other. Sambo University. Its clear you are making up reasons to leave the MEAC. You would rather be told what to do than to be in a conference where you have a voice.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule