News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Senator asks for ban on school sports through fall  (Read 369 times)

Online bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Senator asks for ban on school sports through fall
« on: July 06, 2020, 05:53:26 PM »
I see this as a sign that some  might need to come to the realization that we aren't going to have fall sports. Cleo don't normally just step out on a ledge before already knowing something.

https://www.wafb.com/2020/07/06/senator-asks-ban-school-sports-through-fall/

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline EPJr

• Assistant GM
  • So Proud 2B a Panther; 2B a Union Panther
    • View Profile
Re: Senator asks for ban on school sports through fall
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 11:11:10 PM »
how about some real spring football  :shrug:

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 06:16:42 AM »
I understand that this is a real possibility and measure that may be necessary to ensure the health and safety of our global community. But the cancellation of fall sports will cripple so many athletic programs, especially those at HBCU’s. Many Head Coaches will either retire or have to take massive pay cuts and I can see assistant coaches and staff members being laid off in huge numbers. The strides that many of our programs have made over the past four-six years will be lost.

Online bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 06:34:29 AM »
I understand that this is a real possibility and measure that may be necessary to ensure the health and safety of our global community. But the cancellation of fall sports will cripple so many athletic programs, especially those at HBCU’s. Many Head Coaches will either retire or have to take massive pay cuts and I can see assistant coaches and staff members being laid off in huge numbers. The strides that many of our programs have made over the past four-six years will be lost.
Elections matter

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule